Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get TEXT with newly installed Sky HD box

• 26-12-2011 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭

I have just got the SKY HD package, upgraded from the SKY + box. Now I can't get the teletext on any of the RTE stations.

The system is connected up to a new LD LED HD TV via one HDMI cable on input HDMI 1, DVD is connected to TV on HDMI 2

The RED button on sky news works OK.

Old setup on SKY+ was via scart cable to the LD LED TV and work OK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Connect it with scart or tune via rf to an analogue station to access teletext.
    Sky hd boxes via hdmi aren't fond of teletext, I've only seen it work a handful of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Kbell is right,analogue teletext (the old fashioned text) doesn't work via hdmi.

Afaik only RTE still use it,but probably won't after digital switchover.
    I never use it,red button interactive services are better or just use the 'net for what I want to find out.

Advertisement