Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Membership Price Comparison - Dublin

• 13-12-2010 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

It would make life a lot more easier to find all membership prices in one place. Thx to those helping to keep the list updated in the future.

DECEMBER 2010

Total Fitness Castleknock
    Discounted price if paid upfront
    discounted annual individual: €539
    discounted annual over 55: €429
    discounted annual under 21: €429
    source: website

Total Fitness Malahide Road
    discounted annual individual: €605
    discounted annual over 55: €440
    discounted annual under 21: €440

Total Fitness Sandyford
    discounted annual individual: €682
    discounted annual over 55: €495
    discounted annual under 21: €495

Ben Dunne Carlisle & Northwood
    annual individual: €290
    annual senior citizen: €250
    2x annual individual: €495
    2x annual senior citizen: €425
    3x annual individual: €650
    3x annual senior citizen: €595

Ben Dunne Westpoint
    annual individual: €250
    annual senior citizen: €225
    2x annual individual: €425
    2x annual senior citizen: €400
    3x annual individual: €550
    3x annual senior citizen: €500

Ben Dunne Jervis Street
    annual individual: €195
    2x annual individual: €350
    3x annual individual: €475

Ben Dunne Lucan
    annual individual: €150
    2x annual individual: €250
    3x annual individual: €350

Crunch Fitness UCD Belfield
    Offer valid until Dec 22nd
    6 month public: €139
    6 month student: €119
    3 month public: €99
    3 month student: €89
    source: flyer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

neto wrote: »
    Total Fitness Malahide Road
    discounted annual individual: €605

They can get f*cked if they think I'll be paying that this year. The place and equipment are falling to pieces and they put the price up?! Idiots.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

WTF!!

If you join one TF you can attend them all,so why do they have different joinging fees?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 neto

Crunch Fitness Dun Laoghaire
    Price if paid upfront
    annual individual: €620
    2x annual individual: €1190
    source: quote from salesperson

+ rumour:
    Crunch Fitness UCD Belfield is closing down in the next six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Anybody know what the Energie Fitness Clubs (formely Jackie Skellys) are charging for monthly membership these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭xgtdec

Crunch Premier..using tallaght and aston..€450
    Source...thats what i paid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Got quoted €535 for Crunch Westmanstown, said it was way too much so she said €490. Anybody got any renewal quotes recently for there?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭tomdublin

neto wrote: »
    Crunch Fitness Dun Laoghaire
    Price if paid upfront
    annual individual: €620
    2x annual individual: €1190
    source: quote from salesperson

+ rumour:
    Crunch Fitness UCD Belfield is closing down in the next six months.

Not sure how much longer Crunch will be around. Their city centre branch is losing a lot of members to the new Dunnes Jervis gym which costs about a quarter (and doesn't look like a brothel inside) and from what I have heard several of their gyms have badly maintained equipment and dodgy hygiene standards. I'd be careful about paying them a year's membership upfront at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Ballymun Council gym is currently:

6 Months €199
    12 Months €299

Gotta say, it seems a decent gym so far. Dead quiet, loads of power cages and pull up stations and good equipment, quite the change from huge but packed Northwood which is the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kata2400

Northwood gym is quite crowded especially the car park but anyway at the moment there is an offer that i think is going to disappear quite soon.
    3 membership for a year 525 euro.Offer checked with the reception of the gym. It means 175 each for a year. I'd like to avail of this offer. So if you are interested reply to me ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 adtec

Hello,
    I'm planning to switch from northwood to jervis street, end-Jan
    anyone interested in joining with me to avail of offer
    195 individual, 350 for 2 (175e each), 475e for 3 (125e each)

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

DCC Finglas Annual €299
    DCC Markievicz Annual €360
    DCC Irishtown Annual €300
    Swan Leisure Rathmines €360

Would anyone know how much Raw are currently charging?

Can anyone fill in the gaps below for non big box gyms?
    Obv higher prices due to coaching/services in these facilities...

Informed Performance? Vaguely remember somebody saying €80 a month?
    Crossfit Dublin?
    Crossfit Ireland starts at €900 for 8 months (2 sessions a week)
    Hercs?
    Eastcoast Barbell €80 a month from website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭janullrich

Regarding Energie I went over to Applewood in Swords and I told to wait as the membership person was on a call. They advised that they have no membership prices which is kinda strange. 10mins later they still did not come out so I made off. The receptionists seemed more interested in Facebook then dealing with a potential customer. I went home and filled out the membership enquiry last Wednesday. I got a automated reply but have not heard anything from anybody since. Will go more then likely to the NAC which is €495. It is a bit away but is good value considering the brilliant facilities there. I looked up re Total Sh*tness Clarehall prices - €605?????? I still can't believe it. The place is getting worse and they are increasing prices??? I am so surprised that place is still going with the equipment and that idiot Daly still in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

Zamboni wrote: »
    DCC Finglas Annual €299
    DCC Markievicz Annual €360
    DCC Irishtown Annual €300
    Swan Leisure Rathmines €360

Would anyone know how much Raw are currently charging?

I just got 12 months for €399. well worth it imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭colm1234

wow talk about being ripped off im in mayo going to charlstown gym its bit crappy lookin but good heavy weights squat rack an so on its 7euro day pass 60 for 3 month 120 for 6 or 200 for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

colm1234 wrote: »
    wow talk about being ripped off im in mayo going to charlstown gym its bit crappy lookin but good heavy weights squat rack an so on its 7euro day pass 60 for 3 month 120 for 6 or 200 for the year

bloody hell-and I thought I was getting away handy paying 40 quid a month in sligo!

bloody hell-and I thought I was getting away handy paying 40 quid a month in sligo!

if you seen the state of the place you would see why its so cheap good weights if ya can put up with the smell of piss lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

colm1234 wrote: »
    if you seen the state of the place you would see why its so cheap good weights if ya can put up with the smell of piss lol

why? is it next door to an old folks home?! :D

for me the less 'chrome and ferns' the place is the better, my old garage gym used to have me coming back in covered in cement dust and rust-good times!

why? is it next door to an old folks home?! :D

for me the less 'chrome and ferns' the place is the better, my old garage gym used to have me coming back in covered in cement dust and rust-good times!

im in complete agreement this place is ruff and ready an i am all up for pushing rusty 50kg dumbells. but when the place smells like a public toilet thats taking things bit too far lol i think its just a really damp building plus they never clean the place every time i use the bench im scared of getting staff

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Boss_eye

Zamboni wrote: »

Can anyone fill in the gaps below for non big box gyms?

Hercs?

Hercs
    €30 once off joining fee & €85 per quarter (3 months) or €290 for the year up front.

Juniors pay a lot less - i think its €50 a quarter

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭mrpink6789

I just renewed my membership in TF in Sandyford for €450 for the year, price I paid last year, kicked up a fuss last week and they got back to me today as it was up today. They were also quite flexible saying I could pay half now and half next month. To join as a new member they are trying to charge 680!

Thinking about it though I should have bargained a bit more :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭rick_fantastic

paying 47 a month in energie... signed up when it wasd jackie skelly so not sure if they have dropped their prices

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

How much is RAW now, including for students? Need to renew today, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

Raw - Student Prices

3months 129e
    6months 199e
    12 months 289e

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Fair play to Ben Dunne they are great prices.

Particularly the one in Jervis - if anything would have thought that would cost more due to location - anyone know what that's like facilitywise?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

One Escape is one of the handiest gym's for me but they're looking for 968e a year :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

ntlbell wrote: »
    One Escape is one of the handiest gym's for me but they're looking for 968e a year :eek:

That's ridiculous. I looked at the website and it doesn't seem to be anything more than a regular health club, with a few fancy furnishings. Even if nearly a grand was small change to me (it's not), I wouldn't pay it out of principle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SarahP3

I was looking at joining TF sandford, but they have quoted both myself and my boyfriend €682 each with no discount for both joining.
    TBH guy doesn’t sound like he really wants our membership at all.

Any recommendations on other (cheaper) gyms in the area that have classes included?
    or whether you think TF will come down in prices soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

TF are gone spastic with the way they sell memberships now... there's no consistency in it at all. When my membership was up last time round they wanted ~500, but it was 290 to renew online, and then managed to get 14 months for 260 when I rang... And apparently people (who never actually go more than once or twice btw) are paying 600+.. that's 2 very expensive workouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SarahP3

Thanks Kev, Just feel this guy won't budge for me and i am not willing to pay €682.
    Way too expensive,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

SarahP3 wrote: »
    I was looking at joining TF sandford, but they have quoted both myself and my boyfriend €682 each with no discount for both joining.
    TBH guy doesn’t sound like he really wants our membership at all.

Just count yourself lucky. That's the kind of disinterest that defines the place.

There isn't a problem thread on here just for TF Sandyford for nothing. Find somewhere else.

Advertisement