Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it ok for them to do this?

• 22-01-2012 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Just a quick question it's nothing major or anything but Im just curious. Basically the company I work for is planning some sort of systems update soon. And my schedule has been changed to have those particular days off unpaid, and the hours I wont be in are added to the days where it's gonna be up and running again. So my normal 8 hour shifts are gone to 10 even 12 hours so they aren't down money from the client.

I came into work unknownst to this and my online schedule is updated to reflect the above. I'm just wondering is it completely fine to do that? Im not bothered by the longer days, just more of the way they done it.

Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

depends on ur contract...
    check ur contract first and check how many hours can u work in a week...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rose14

Did you check your contract? Are you effectively lworking shift work now? Instead of 5 8 hour days you're now working 3 10 - 12 hour days? Are you getting shift allowance to compensate you for this??

Advertisement