Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2010 - WWE releases Bryan Danielson (Zombie bump)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i cant believe this i think its real this whole pg thing is annoying first the stopping of the blood is stupid it ruins matches now this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

Let's predict the chants he'll get from fans upon his return to ROH. Maybe they'll lob boxes and boxes full of ties at him, like they did toilet paper with Jimmy Rave.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

****ing disgrace tbh

im really sick and tired of wwe and im delighted iv no sky sports anymore, i may miss seeing my prophet but its not worth it anymore

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I still think it's a work. Well, we'll get to see if it was real on RAW this Monday. If it were real, why they couldn't wait to injure him (by Cena) on Monday's RAW is stupid; they could sell the injury angle for the month or two for the heat to die down.

I'm still going for the NXT guys being 'fired' before being 'hired'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He is ideally placed for a "shocking" run in through the crowd now that hes been "fired" in order to further the NXT angle.

Hard to know what to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Why would they do a work of firing him if he wasn't working for them in storyline anyway?

So Mattel (the toy company who release the WWE figures) were the ones who were offended and complained.

Absolutely ridiculous. They make their money releasing figures with accessories, ie: folding chairs, Hell In a Cell cages, Signapore canes, tables, ladders, kitchen sinks etc., yet they have a problem with someone choking someone else with a tie?!

Edit: Good Lord, just seen this: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/405125-to-iwc-i-need-your-help-petition-to-bryan-danielson. A petition to boycott WWE for sacking him. From the website: "Its funny, I look at the oil spill and say that's a shame but with this I have an angry passion that needs a focus".

That's right. Comparing the recent oil spill to the sacking of a wrestler. Not. Enough. Facepalms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fozzy wrote: »
    Why would they do a work of firing him if he wasn't working for them in storyline anyway?

You're right but you're also assuming WWE storylines are based on logic, which they seldom are.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

While I think firing someone for something they actually zoomed in on is ridiculous, I did think at the time that the tie choking spot while brilliant was very much out of place on the show.

It shows the attitude of WWE in 2010. 10 years ago I couldn't imagine them being influenced this much by a sponsor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

As much as I fear that it isn't a work and is legitimate, one look at Justin Robert's face during the choking can tell anyone he knew it was going to happen. Supposedly very few people at ringside were told it was going to happen to add to the realistic feel of it, but he was goin bug eyed and sticking his tongue out. He looked like he was being choked in a cartoon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Credit to www.PWInsider.com

ONE MAN'S TAKE ON THE DANIEL BRYAN SITUATION
    by Dave Scherer @ 10:45 AM on 6/12/2010

Unless you were completely off of the grid in the last 12 hours, you know by now that Bryan "Daniel Bryan" Danielson was released by WWE last night. According to numerous WWE sources, the firing is legitimate and they are being told to move forward as if Bryan is gone (even to the point that he is now edited out of most of the footage from the NXT attack that happened on last Monday's Raw).

The reason we have been told for the company releasing of one of the most talented performers in the business is that he choked Justin Roberts on the show (and damn, don't I remember Heath Slater trying to do the same thing to John Cena with the ring ropes during the same angle).
    Danielson's heinous offense was so egregious that he was fired, not given a warning or guidance to that fact that even though he has wrestled all over the world, things here in PGWWE, where the company matriarch is trying to become a US Senator, are just a tad did different thank everywhere else you have been. You may be used to pro wrestling, where things are supposed to look realistic, but this is PGWWE, where we don't know the difference between the actors who play characters in The A Team movie and the people themselves.

And Bryan, don't give us that "You didn't know it wasn't OK to get physical" line of BS either. WWE is not a wrestling promotion friend, they make movies. They entertain. Clearly, what you did to Roberts wasn't entertaining to kids, I guess. And don't even tell me that you saw a Raw recently where Edge snuck up on Randy Orton and bashed him with a door. That's OK because everyone knows that a tie is much more deadly than a door. Certain felonies are perfectly acceptable in WWE but others aren't, got it? Me either.

What makes matters worse is that Danielson was a major cog in the best angle that WWE has done in years, and I mean many years. He was a guy who came into WWE with all of his fans skeptical of how he would be used and instead he quickly became THE star of NXT. We all knew he could work, but damn he also showed the world that he could do promos and show great personality too. Now, if WWE.com is to be believed he is gone, and he will probably take a lot of the joy of that great angle with him.

Of course, where WWE is concerned I am always skeptical. At first, I had hoped that this was just part of an angle to further the NXT invasion. Perhaps it still is, but given that they posted the news on their website near midnight on a Friday, which is the black hole for companies to release news that they want read by the fewest amount of people, I don't think that will be the case.

Then I wondered it perhaps he kicked Superman Cena too hard in the head (you know because in wrestling it's OK for some people to get hurt but not others). If that turns out to be the case, and again I am just wondering because WWE doesn't feel that its "Universe" deserves explanations to important things related to the company, then there will be a lot of skewerings of WWE and/or Cena coming in the near future.

Given that the company worked most of its employees as to what was
    going to happen at the end of Raw on Monday, we can hold out hope that this is an elaborate ruse, one that will impugn what credibility WWE.com has left but that doesn't really matter. Perhaps it's the next step in the nWo shoot style angle that began on Monday. If that is the case, it's fine by me. WWE.com isn't exactly the site I go to when I am looking for the straight dope on WWE anyway.

But if that is not the case and Bryan has been let go for, in effect, being a pro wrestler, then this company has completely gone off of the rails and Vince McMahon can look forward to more conference calls where he has to try and explain dipping ratings and dropping PPV buyrates to concerned stockholders. If that is the case, here's a hint Vince. Before the call, go into the bathroom and stand in front of the mirror. The answer will be looking back at you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

If this is a work the E have gone to a serious amount of trouble to work the internet. Bear in mind if it is a work guys like Melz and PW Insider the most reliable sources around have been worked by their sources. The E are simply not going to so much trouble to trick the internet, a fanbase they think is miniscule and one they don’t really respect.

Straws been clutched I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Imagine Danielson showing up and attacking Cena out of nowhere, the place would go mental. Would be the greatest work in modern wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Fozzy wrote: »
    But a kid is more likely to seriously hurt his friend by wrapping a tie around his neck than putting an STF on him. That's probably the thinking behind it

But shur the kids are not supposed to try this at home. This is definatly a work, theres no logic to it

• Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wwe and logic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 iWeeze

Heath Slater tried to choke Cena with the ring rope, where's his release?

Funny, when I was watching Raw, I noticed he hesitated when he was about to strangle Cena with the rope.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

ScumdogV2 wrote: »
    Funny, when I was watching Raw, I noticed he hesitated when he was about to strangle Cena with the rope.

I noticed that too. Did someone say something to him to make him stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Sounds real to me. Maybe it's felt this will cause hassle to Linda's political campaign?

Anyway if true it strikes me as being very harsh. No warning or punishment just fired immediately? I don't get it. I can recall an angle involving Muhammad Hassan and HBK a few years back where he was hung up on the rope even more violently before Hogan came down and made the save. I know it wasn't PG in those days but even so, it's not like what Danielson did was an unprecedented level of violence.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

Dean820 wrote: »
    I noticed that too. Did someone say something to him to make him stop?

One of the other rookies probably told him to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Anyway if true it strikes me as being very harsh. No warning or punishment just fired immediately? I don't get it. I can recall an angle involving Muhammad Hassan and HBK a few years back where he was hung up on the rope even more violently before Hogan came down and made the save. I know it wasn't PG in those days but even so, it's not like what Danielson did was an unprecedented level of violence.
    Lest we forget a few years back when Big Bossman was hung from the cell by his neck.

Although in fairness you could argue that kids wouldn't really have their own cell and Ministry of Darkness to try it at home. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Dean820 wrote: »
    Source: www.wwe.com

The WWE website reports that Daniel Bryan has been released from his contract. "We wish Daniel Bryan the best in all future endeavors," reads the post, which you can read at WWE.com.

May be a work given the storyline.

Step 1 in WWE f*****g up the best storyline/angle they've had in years.

That's if it's real though :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Has there really not been any wrestler choking another since Benoit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Remember Muhammed Hassan a few years ago. It was around the time of those kidnapping and be-headings of foreigners in Iraq and places like that. He used to do this gesture of slitting someone's throat/cutting their head off just before he slapped on the camel clutch (I think that's what it's name was).

WWE has gone over the top on this I think. The Benoit thing never even entered my mind.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Has there really not been any wrestler choking another since Benoit?
    I think Jericho tried to strangle JBL with a rope a few years ago, it could have been at the Rumble 2008?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

It's 50/50 in the poll atm.

I knew they'd end up wrecking the NXT invasion angle at some point but this is crazy (if it's true)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Although in fairness you could argue that kids wouldn't really have their own cell and Ministry of Darkness to try it at home. :pac:

Damn recession.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

It's 50/50 in the poll atm.

I knew they'd end up wrecking the NXT invasion angle at some point but this is crazy (if it's true)

Without Danielson the NXT angle won't survive, their in-ring limitations will be revealed too quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Without Danielson the NXT angle won't survive, their in-ring limitations will be revealed too quickly.

Abso-f**kin-lutly

Guys like Otunga, Skip etc... can't work in the ring (Otunga esp)

Advertisement