Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Ireland rapper show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Fair play to them they came across all right.
    I was expecting alot of cringe. How does yer wans da let her go out with Redzer. The bleedin age of him compared to her. Hes like her aul fella.
    Comparing yer man that died to tupac and biggie solely on the fact that he died young was completely farcical .
    Im up for Redzer in the beef the other lads are a bit stupid. What colours do I have to wear to be in Redzers gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Anyone watching RofT now? Those lads from Carlow who posted before on this forum are coming on in a minute, they're hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

absolutely brutal program, showing that spanner siyo still livin in his ma's gaff at the age of 26 doesn't make IHH look any more appealing than it never was, I was really hoping this program would raise the popularity of IHH a bit more but with gimps like Miiselayneous or whatever the **** on it how could that happen?

the only half respectable looking people on it were nugget and redzer, the rest weren't worth interviewing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

I'm sorry but Irish Hip-Hop is a ridiculous concept and this show didn't do anything to help it I'm afraid!

Especially the "tell your ma she's a **** ride" bit that guy did at the end of the "battle", if that's Irish Hip-Hop then I'm good thanks....

On another note, what was with the guy redzer choosing between rap and work. Surely he could do both??? come on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    absolutely brutal program, showing that spanner siyo still livin in his ma's gaff at the age of 26 doesn't make IHH look any more appealing than it never was, I was really hoping this program would raise the popularity of IHH a bit more but with gimps like Miiselayneous or whatever the **** on it how could that happen?

the only half respectable looking people on it were nugget and redzer, the rest weren't worth interviewing imo.

Leave big siyo alone. A lot of people still live at home at 25 especially now, and in fairness he was moving out.

As for Miiselayneous I thought she was good.
    leggit wrote: »
    Especially the "tell your ma she's a **** ride" bit that guy did at the end of the "battle", if that's Irish Hip-Hop then I'm good thanks....

You clearly do not know what a battle is do you?

If some people had their way no one would rap or only people from the Bronx could rap.

• Advertisement

leggit wrote: »
    I'm sorry but Irish Hip-Hop is a ridiculous concept and this show didn't do anything to help it I'm afraid!

On another note, what was with the guy redzer choosing between rap and work. Surely he could do both??? come on!!

Yeah that was the worst rap ever, Ill burn ye your mas a **** ride, something like that.
    Im sure redzer will et a letter from the dole telling him he is supposed to be actively seeking employment. And to think I used to get me dole in that same post office redzer goes to . How ****in awesome is that . I think he wrote "be someone" about me.

Leave big siyo alone. A lot of people still live at home at 25 especially now, and in fairness he was moving out.

As for Miiselayneous i thought she was good.

siyo was a disgrace, couldn't rap for his breakfast and he sits there playin playstation all day and night at the age of 25, the lad would wanna fúck off and try get a job and miselayneous was horrible, she talked shít at that illiterate granny for 3 minutes straight and expected her to be able to understand it.

The ending credits song was good, i never disliked redzers music as much as most other irish rappers.

siyo was a disgrace, couldn't rap for his breakfast and he sits there playin playstation all day and night at the age of 25, the lad would wanna fúck off and try get a job and miselayneous was horrible, she talked shít at that illiterate granny for 3 minutes straight and expected her to be able to understand it.

The ending credits song was good, i never disliked redzers music as much as most other irish rappers.

Look up his music, he can certainly rap. He was moving out in fairness and he does work just not at that time like a lot of the country…
    He is also funny as hell, he could be bigger than the rubberbandits or those lads from Carlow if he did that comedy style.

I thought she was good, to each their own.

Is this series or ws it a once off , Id love to see how syo reacts when he realises the fridge doesnt fill itself and there are things like bills,
    He will probably try and create milk with hiphop.
    He will write a cup of tea .

I thought you were mc dubh or some other failed rapper.

Turns out your just a well known troll - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77155997&postcount=47

• Advertisement

Turns out your just a well known troll - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77155997&postcount=47

you didn't have to show us that post to tell us that man, he's already trolled here before on the over rated rappers thread if I'm not mistaken.

Calling someone a troll could get you an infraction conor, your so bad ass, **** the rules an all that .
    If you dont like Irish rap dont listen to it, and if you dont like this thread dont read it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Please keep this on topic, no more back seat modding.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Didnt think it was all that bad to be honest. It is was it is and you either like it or you dont. TV-Wise I thought it was alright.

Personally I'm not a listener and it didnt make we want to as a genre, barring one or two. I thought temper-mental MissElayneous has some great lyrics, not bad for a poor girl from Finglas
    Nothing is real, nothing exists, Just a projection of your perception; A cerebral eclipse. Deepening determinedly, despite dangers depth

And the dude from cork that robbed nas's even tougher then dykes bit, had some good lyrics as well.

So does anyone know if this was a once off episode or will it be a weekly thing .

cloptrop wrote: »
    So does anyone know if this was a once off episode or will it be a weekly thing .

They would usually have a "next time" thing at the end of the program, and they more or less covered all the "big" rappers in ireland in that episode, there wouldn't be any need for another.

They would usually have a "next time" thing at the end of the program, and they more or less covered all the "big" rappers in ireland in that episode, there wouldn't be any need for another.
    They could follow them about a bit , reality tv style , release a compilation album t the end of it , everyone wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Just caught the last few mins, ending tune was good, I'd say its a once off show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Fair play to them for making independent music. However, the views expressed by the groups about education were illinformed and counter-productive if they are serious about addressing poverty in Ireland.

smokedeels wrote: »
    Fair play to them for making independent music. However, the views expressed by the groups about education were illinformed and counter-productive to fighting poverty.

What views about education?

• Advertisement

Fair play to them for making independent music. However, the views expressed by the groups about education were illinformed and counter-productive to fighting poverty.

What views about education?

Redzer saying he hates teachers and The Working Class Army dissing people who go to college in one of their songs. Both are very childish and nonsensical things to say in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I enjoyed that, it woulda been nice to see more from Cork and even just one mention of Limerick.

Redzer saying he hates teachers and The Working Class Army dissing people who go to college in one of their songs. Both are very childish and nonsensical things to say in my opinion.

I don't think that was a wide ranging opinion on education in fairness, but ok.
    I enjoyed that, it woulda been nice to see more from Cork and even just one mention of Limerick.

Can you list any rappers from Limerick who have released any songs?

Can you get any of these cds in record shops or do you have to get them at giggs?

I don't think that was a wide ranging opinion on education in fairness, but ok.

I thought there was an element of "education is for posh people" in it. Maybe it was out of context. The use of the word f*ggat in that same song was unfortunate too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hamsham

This country is full of hip-hop and then they produce a show about theses lads goin to 21st bdays and drinkin tea? heres some more irish rappers called 'This Side Up' see what ye think... http://soundcloud.com/hamsham/power

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ItsNugget

CDs and free downloads available from www.terawrizt.com

I thought there was an element of "education is for posh people" in it. Maybe it was out of context. The use of the word f*ggat in that same song was unfortunate too.

There is a bit of that, this is a common enough view in Ireland in general.

That word is used a lot in Hip-Hop, not defending it but it is what it is.

Cds online and in some shops too.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭happy_head

That show was possibly the most cringeworthy piece of tv i have ever seen! Irish lads thinking they're gangsters does not make good tv! Embarrassing to say the least, and i cant believe it was ever given the go ahead for RTE 2

• Advertisement

happy_head wrote: »
    That show was possibly the most cringeworthy piece of tv i have ever seen! Irish lads thinking they're gangsters does not make good tv! Embarrassing to say the least, and i cant believe it was ever given the go ahead for RTE 2

There was not one example of anything "gangster" in this show, not one.

Advertisement