Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone else get inspired by looking at a city landscape, or nature

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I want to cycle around the country this summer. Take in all it has to offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

It might perk me up a bit, catch my attention.. I'm not about to pull out a fùcking brush and canvas or that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Galteemore does it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Aww yeah - absolutely!
    Especially when you discover a new place that you have never been to and it's amazing!
    Keash Caves in Sligo - only discovered them this year. Why did I never hear of them before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Crow-bar the aul' Goddy stuff in there why dontcha.

Why shouldn't I? - I'm simply giving my take on the OP's question much as anyone else is surely?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Eathrin wrote: »
    I want to cycle around the country this summer. Take in all it has to offer.

Was considering doing that myself. Ireland is a great place to cycle. The scenery along the countryside is magnificent at times, 'cept for when you come across the odd mountain of horse sh*t in the middle of the road. But other than that tis grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

philologos wrote: »
    Yet, looking at nature is something completely different. It shows the hand of God. Man can only go so far, technology is racing ahead all the time, indeed, it's something I'm very passionate about I love it, but we'll never outsmart God. That takes me back a little bit also, that we can come into relationship with Him rather than being bogged down with the mere passions of mankind swaying one way or the other.
    Funnily enough I feel completely different. Looking at a picturesque scene I'm inspired to ask questions, simple enough like, Why is the sky blue, or the grass green? How did that mountain get there, and why is it shaped like that? What neurotransmitters are released in the brain when looking at a beautiful landscape? Questions a 'God' will never ever answer.

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Yet, looking at nature is something completely different. It shows the hand of God. Man can only go so far, technology is racing ahead all the time, indeed, it's something I'm very passionate about I love it, but we'll never outsmart God. That takes me back a little bit also, that we can come into relationship with Him rather than being bogged down with the mere passions of mankind swaying one way or the other.
    Funnily enough I feel completely different. Looking at a picturesque scene I'm inspired to ask questions, simple enough like, Why is the sky blue, or the grass green? How did that mountain get there, and why is it shaped like that? What neurotransmitters are released in the brain when looking at a beautiful landscape? Questions a 'God' will never ever answer.

Mere materialism will never ultimately answer. Science can help us understand a bit of how creation happened but not ultimately so. It can describe processes but not ultimate causation.

That's my take. I'm not surprised that people disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I remember one time feeling very stressed and generally peed off with things, sitting beside a river bank passing time and trying to de-stress.
    When a kingfisher landed on my shoulder, surveying his world. He sat there for quite a few seconds, then kind of nodded at me and flew off.
    He reminded me that life can be beautiful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I like looking at landscape with no human influence visible. Sometimes looking at the cityscape here in London somewhere you can see a panorama of the place just scares me, thinking of all the stuff going on and wondering where the f**k all the rubbish goes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

aw the hermit crab, my favorite crustacean

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I was in the US a while back and visited the Grand Canyon, we were staying in cabins near it and the first night we stayed up drinking til the small hours, walked down to the canyon later and just sat there watching the sun come up over it, best part of the whole trip, its completely humbling to see something like that. Its one of those things that you've seen in movies and nature shows and the like but until you see the actual size of the thing in real life you can't comprehend it, its mind blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

Aw the hermit crab, my favorite crustation.

You have a favourite crustration? Lol. So what other crustrations do you like :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

You have a favourite crustration? Lol. So what other crustrations do you like :P

tis a Simpsons joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Have a look at this attached file.

Northern lights caught a few weeks back over the Giants Causeway on the North Antrim Coast.

Definitive example of natures beauty at its best!

krudler wrote: »
    tis a Simpsons joke

Shoulda remembered that.
    Ah yes. Tis a great show!

Ghandee wrote: »
    Have a look at this attached file.

Northern lights caught a few weeks back over the Giants Causeway on the North Antrim Coast.

Definitive example of natures beauty at its best!

Oh wow, what a view!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Hahaha, That reply really made me laugh. :D

Yamanoto wrote: »
    That being so, perhaps you should amend 'we' to 'I' to avoid further confusion.

I don't feel the need to change anything. If you have any issues with my posts click the warning button and report it to a moderator.

Otherwise, I'd rather not disrupt the thread and allow people to keep posting about their experiences of city landscapes and nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I'd rather not disrupt the thread and allow people to keep posting about their experiences of city landscapes and nature.

No disagreement there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Living in Navan has always inspired me to jump into the River Boyne

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Mere materialism will never ultimately answer.

False. The questions he actually asked have all been answered.
    That's my take. I'm not surprised that people disagree.

Yeah funny how when you talk nonsense you manage to predict people will disagree with it huh?

Advertisement