Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The road to a 1:2X Half Mara.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Monday 23rd January
    5.5 mile easy in Corkagh tonight, nice that the evenings are getting brighter now almost managed to finish in day light.

Tuesday 24th Jan
    6 miles very slow, felt good for the first two miles then was a real slog after, turned the garmin of and just ran at a pace that felt easy, closer to walking at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Did you go to the doctor?

Did you go to the doctor?
    Yep was in on Monday morning, for a full medical everything seem to be ok, Waiting for some blood tests to be 100%. But just run down, was given some stuff to take for now but will know more at the end of the week.

6.5 windy miles today, pace was really slow again today but actually enjoyed this run. Though about tacking on another couple of mile to make 8 miles but though better of it.

• Advertisement

Thursday 26th January

Rest day today. Actually would love to go for a run, enegry is on the up starting to feel ok. Will keep the pace really handy for the next few days.

87 days to go :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

shels4ever wrote: »
    87 days to go :D:D

Not this bloody countdown again :p You'll stop as soon as the injury appears :D

Not this bloody countdown again :p You'll stop as soon as the injury appears :D

It's a one off countdown ;) I hate countdowns.

This time there will be NO injury and just the fun of running around London. This whole plan is about makign the startline, I was too focused on times in the past. So a nice 4/5 hour jog around London will be nice.
    Once I get that done, i'll destroy both calves in some crazy paced 5mile race during the summer.

Friday 27th Jan
    6 handy miles today, when I arrived to run noticed that I had forgotten to pack my runners .:eek: So six miles in a retired pair that happend to be in the boot.

Sat 28th January

11.11 miles @ just under 9:30 pace. It has been a strange week. Usually my long run wouldnt be the fastest run of the week but enegry levels are getting back to normal now.

• Advertisement

Sunday 29th January
    6 miles recovery run today. Legs were a little tired but in a good way. Condition in corkagh park were terrible under foot, and at one point the ducks had take up part of my usual route. Decided that the condition were are bit to hard for a recovery run so took to the paths for the last 4 miles.

Monday 30th January.
    5 miles easy @ 9:15 pace today. Condition were still bad underfoot but felt very good today, Found it hard to keep the pace slow at time as a bit of life has come back to the legs.

Tuesday 31st January.
    Crazy day in work, wasnt able to get out at lunch and 10pm when I got out of the office. Decided to skip today run and use it as my rest day.

Wed 1st Feb
    8 deadly miles tonight, busy day in work again and didnt get time to get to Corkagh , So down to the canal late this evening. Usually dont enjoy this section of running but today ever stride felt great. Ran an out and back route that brough me almost to the Track in Lucan, Need to hold back on the way home. Haven't felt this good since during the summer.

Thursday 2dn Febuary
    Another late run along the canal tonight, didnt run with the garmin but kept the pace nice and easy. After a long day I really felt like adding a couple of mile onto the run but kept it to 6 miles. Will actually have some time today to get to the park in daylight, will be a nice change :)..

Friday 3rd Feb
    5 miles easy on grass today, felt a little tired but nothing major nice to be back running on the green stuff.

Sat 4th Febuary
    12.5 miles today with the boards crew nice run.

12.5 miles @ 9:30

Sunday 5th Febuary
    6 miles easy legs feel strangly good after sat's long run. Needed to jump into a toiled(bush) twice during this run...felt a bit strange.

Monday 6th Febuary
    Rest day, expected that i wasnt going to get a run in today as work was mad and had to take a few people out to dinner after. Long long day with multiple visits to the toilet mmmm

Tuesday 5th Febuary
    6 miles stop start stop start stop..... imodiummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wed 6th Febuary
    AM. 1 mile - stomach in a heap back to the office, more imodium and toilet breaks...
    PM
    4 miles very easy all clear.

Thursday 7th Feburay
    8 miles out and back along the lucan road, plan was to keep the pace down, have been really frustrated with the way training is going, but when I look at my long its not as bad as it feels. Just havent felt great of any real groove to any run just yet. But to be honest I only need to feel good once and I go a bit mental so its a good thing.
    Meet a crew of lads from Lucan doing a tempo run on my route but made sure to keep the pace down.
    Was told that I might have to go to China with work at the end of March, but thats not going to happen now, it would have been free food and drink for a week not ideal Marathon prep. I will need to go to Germany but only for 2-3 day so wont miss a run.

Friday 10th Febuary
    After been in some sort of time warp for the last few day , my dates are back on track.
    5 miles very easy around corkagh tonight, legs were a little stiff after yesterdays run but nothing major.

Sat 11th Febuary
    13.5 miles in the park- Joined the boards group for the first ten mile- After 3 miles things werent going to well and had though of just doing 6 and getting a long one in tomorrow, But managed to get around really suffered over the last couple of miles. Maybe to many hill maybe unfit but uninjured and will keep slogging away.

13.5 miles @ 9:20

Sunday 12th Febuary
    5 miles recover run, Woke this morning thinking the legs felt great but after about 800m knew yesterdyas run was still there. Eased the pace back to 10 mins miles and just ticked around.

• Advertisement

Monday 13th Febuary
    Rest day, not a fan of resting on a Monday seems like a bad start to the week. But had run for 6 days on the trot so need to be careful.

Tuesday 14th Feb
    5 sluggish miles around Corkagh

Followed this up with a Krusty session
    4 X 500ml off 45 mins, was going well until the 3rd 500ml when I started to tire, ended the session about 100ml into the 4th rep. I'm becoming a light weight.

Wed 15th Feb
    8 miles out and back along the Lucan road, felt great today ran a little faster than planned and expected to tire over the second half, but ended up holding back all the way, Was itchin to run faster today but kept the pace even, felt like I running 10 min miles.
    8 miles @ 8:20

Thursday 16th Feb
    5.5 miles recovery along the canal. Legs were a little tired but felt good.

Friday 17th Feb
    5.5 easy miles on grass, think my kayanos are done now, time to fork out on a new pair. Legs feeling good and kept the pace nice and easy.
    Might move my long run to sunday this week but will decide that tomorrow morning.

Sat 18th Feb
    Nice 5 miles on grass, legs still a little tired but felt good on mile 4 and 5.

Sunday 19th

Met up with the boards crew again today for the long run. Was expecting the legs to be a little tired but after the first mile I felt good. Dropped people off at different times, and did the last two mile on my own. Started to get a bit tired after 13.5 miles so switched to the grass for the last section.
    I keep thinking training is not going well but there are some signs things are on the way up. If I can stay injury free this year I think things could go well later in the year.
    15 miles @ 9:03

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Well done on the 15. Twas a lovely morning for it!

Well done on the 15. Twas a lovely morning for it!

Yes was a really nice day hope the weather keeps up for a few months now.

Monday 20th Feb
    5 miles recovery run today, Had company for the first 20 mins of the run then on my own. Needed to watch the pace today as the legs felt great. Under instructions to take 2 rest days this week, so plan to hit the pool.

Tuesday 21 Feb
    Rest day today, just want for a nice long wake and some light weights. Really wanted to get out for a run but sticking to the plan. Will be doing a light session later today and can't wait to get out the door.

Thursday 23rd Febuary
    Just under 3 miles warmup then my fist session of any sort since last july.
    Basic pyrmid session of 1min, 2mins, 3mins, 4mins, 3min,2min, 1mins with 1 min jog recovery in between. Felt fairly good today and had theroadrunner for company to stop any crazy fast running so it all worked out well.
    1 mile easy warm down.

Aprox 7 miles for the day.

• Advertisement

Friday 24th Feb
    5 miles easy around corkagh park, nice to be getting some light in the evenings.

Sat 25th Feb

15.5 miles in pheonix park, work this morning and the legs werent feeling great stiff and tired, so took a couple of miles to get into the run. Tried to take the group off road and along some trails but that didnt go down to well. After 3 miles in I wasnt feeling great and just stuck to the front of the group , if i ran at the back I think I might have drifted off the pace never to be seen again. Recovered a little between 5-10 miles. From 10-13 I may have run a little fast with Jcsmum and paid for that later in the run. Legs were totally gone from 14 mile kept going to 15.7 but stopped at this point.

15.7 miles @ 9:15

Advertisement