Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That gum shield won't help you if I throw a thrust-kick a little bit low ;)

Are ye talking about MMA or what there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭Raiser

keane2097 wrote: »
    Are ye talking about MMA or what there?

Boards PM network is down for maintenance obviously :P

- FWIW the only Martial Arts Class worth a damn are the ones where you learn to rip out a Mans Heart and thrust it in his sorry face while its still beating.....

FACT.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's an off-topic thread, we can talk about anything we like! :p

We were talking about the Waza Kai Ju Jitsu club, fwiw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭source

Why do women insist on wearing stupid shoes in this weather, Was just walking in town and a woman walked towards me wearing high boots, she was finding it very difficult to walk and thought it was very funny. I thought she was going to fall and break her neck.

Why do they do this? Common sense dictates that you wear footwear suitable to the conditions.[/Rant]

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Wimminz are silly. Simple as. My shoes are none the better.

Bought in River Island I think, my work shoes. You know the clippidy clop ones. Very annoying sound.

They have fvck all grips and I am perilously close to falling on my a*ss lately but I have no other formal shoes and can't afford new shoes, what with buying all my ungrateful family and friends Christmas presents. :mad:

I have seen many people fall in the snow and ice already. Very funny. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

My Vans aren't exactly weather-proof either, even though they probably look less unsuitable...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone know what the roads are like from Raheen to Castletroy via Newport roundabout?

Generally good quality tarmacadam. Low levels of bluestone gravel. A nice black colour. Lines are done with a kind of paint that sticks to the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Jumpy wrote: »
    Generally good quality tarmacadam. Low levels of bluestone gravel. A nice black colour. Lines are done with a kind of paint that sticks to the road.

What kind of paint doesn't stick to the road?

Roadend wrote: »

Wait wait... I know this one...

Roadend wrote: »
    Wait wait... I know this one...

Green.............................................no actually it does!! Very fvcking well!!! :o

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    Green.............................................no actually it does!! Very fvcking well!!! :o

Its still there. I saw it before it got covered in ice.

Its still there. I saw it before it got covered in ice.

It actually tricked me today when I was looking for the white lines through the snow and ice. :mad:

/shakes fist at green paint

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I havent seen this green paint yet!

Drive next to LIDL on the Childers rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Haha... Bertys target of detest reappears, the green lines :D

Where's that damn thread about jobs in Limerick?

I have been searching for it but cannot find it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Fecking chuggers coming to my door at this time of the day and asking me for €6 a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :p

I saw this today. It doesn't deserve its own thread so Im sticking it in here.

Its on Kings Island Link Road(whatever its name is).

It's hard to see. This was the closest I was able to stop to the sign in a number of days so its the best you are going to get.

Here's what the sign used to look like on Google Streetview

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=limerick+city&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=40.732051,93.076172&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Limerick,+County+Limerick,+Ireland&ll=52.668914,-8.620588&spn=0.003819,0.011362&z=17&layer=c&cbll=52.669419,-8.621448&panoid=2auK7x9RDkK20ttWk5gDLw&cbp=12,121.67,,0,2.03

So somebody thought it would be a good idea to make new signs because of the whole M7, M20 etc thing. Except the person who approved them / make them is a fvcking moron. You see the dark green blobs on the two bottom signs. They are covering up the mistakes. On the one that says Killaloe(turn left arrow)) it says "The Hunt Museum" and on the one below that says "City Centre(turn right arrow) its says Lough Derg. Hmmm :confused:

IMG_0245.jpg

My conclusion is that the person who works in the offices in the city council is an idiot and when they were asked to order 10 sets of traffic lights they accidentaly ordered 100 sets so thats why we have so many as well as having stupid signs. :D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

A random question popped into my head earlier, I wondered if I'd get an answer on the Limerick forum. I decided it didn't deserve it's own thread and I'd just stick it here. I promptly forgot all about it, until I saw Berty's post above (ie not deserving a thread to itself).
    It's really annoying me now that I can't remember what I wanted to post :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

did ya get the snow socks alaskimo?

zuroph wrote: »
    did ya get the snow socks alaskimo?

Not yet, everywhere seems to be sold out and with the week that's in it I couldn't be arsed even attempting to have them posted to me. I had an oul read about them on the Motors forum and I wondered how much more snowy driving I'll have to do, really. Most of my patients at the moment live around Limerick so no snow here. When I go home for Christmas I intend to do as little driving as possible and anywhere I'll go will be treated roads. Still though I wonder if they'd be handy to have in the boot in case I get caught out badly again like last Friday.

-16 in Sligo last night!

Not yet, everywhere seems to be sold out and with the week that's in it I couldn't be arsed even attempting to have them posted to me. I had an oul read about them on the Motors forum and I wondered how much more snowy driving I'll have to do, really. Most of my patients at the moment live around Limerick so no snow here. When I go home for Christmas I intend to do as little driving as possible and anywhere I'll go will be treated roads. Still though I wonder if they'd be handy to have in the boot in case I get caught out badly again like last Friday.

-16 in Sligo last night!

heard a rumour B+Q might have them. could be worth a look.

I wish we got the snow here, Im sick of the rest of the country giving out about it!

Rumour that B&Q have them is true.

I was just in B&Q and came here to report / help you out.

They are €69.99 for the box. I don't know how many are in it but Im going to assume two socks.

Don't do what some numpty did recently and put them on the front wheels of his rear wheel drive BMW. :confused:

Berty wrote: »
    Rumour that B&Q have them is true.

I was just in B&Q and came here to report / help you out.

They are €69.99 for the box. I don't know how many are in it but Im going to assume two socks.

Don't do what some numpty did recently and put them on the front wheels of his rear wheel drive BMW. :confused:

Deadly buzz, Cheers Berty and Zuroph... To B&Q with me!

Deadly buzz, Cheers Berty and Zuroph... To B&Q with me!

Don't ironically lose traction and have a little crash on your way to get them. That would be too much irony for me to handle. :D

Ironically lose traction? I would never do such a thing! :D I accidentally did on Friday night though and ended up in a ditch but no damage done thank God.

I managed to make it all the way to B&Q and back without crashing, looking forward to getting up to Sligo now and giving them a lash in the snow :D

have they a selection of sizes?

• Advertisement

I think the company manufactures about 4 sizes, they appeared to only have two of them in stock though. Those sizes look like they'd fit almost any standard car.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement