Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with Parcel2Go

• 28-03-2011 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I ordered the service of a courier via the Parcel2Go.com website to have a package shipped from Ireland to the UK on 03/02/11. The package was collected by Nightline couriers 04/02/11. However, on 08/02/11 the tracking information stated the package was still 'In Depot'. I contacted Nightline by email and queried this. I was told over the next few weeks that the package was being searched for. On 24/02/11 Nightline couriers emailed me to tell me the package was lost and that my case was being forwarded to their quality/claims department. By 10/03/11 I still had no update and contacted them by email. I was only told then I had to contact Parcel2Go.com directly and report a loss claim and that Parcel2Go would deal directly with Nightline couriers. When I contacted Parcel2Go re: loss claim, they told me the loss claim should have been within 28 days of loss of item. I informed them that Nightline couriers had only told me to deal with Parcel2Go directly on 10/03/11 and I submitted all necessary documentation / proof required for making a loss claim. Since that time Parcel2Go have refused to pay my loss claim and I am now at a loss of €20 for courier services and the loss of my item cost £82.

Anyone have any experiences like this with Parcel2Go? Seems like a well timed money making scam to me.

I'm awaiting a call back from the European Consumer Centre in relation to this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

kkelly77 wrote: »
    I ordered the service of a courier via the Parcel2Go.com website to have a package shipped from Ireland to the UK on 03/02/11. The package was collected by Nightline couriers 04/02/11. However, on 08/02/11 the tracking information stated the package was still 'In Depot'. I contacted Nightline by email and queried this. I was told over the next few weeks that the package was being searched for. On 24/02/11 Nightline couriers emailed me to tell me the package was lost and that my case was being forwarded to their quality/claims department. By 10/03/11 I still had no update and contacted them by email. I was only told then I had to contact Parcel2Go.com directly and report a loss claim and that Parcel2Go would deal directly with Nightline couriers. When I contacted Parcel2Go re: loss claim, they told me the loss claim should have been within 28 days of loss of item. I informed them that Nightline couriers had only told me to deal with Parcel2Go directly on 10/03/11 and I submitted all necessary documentation / proof required for making a loss claim. Since that time Parcel2Go have refused to pay my loss claim and I am now at a loss of €20 for courier services and the loss of my item cost £82.

Anyone have any experiences like this with Parcel2Go? Seems like a well timed money making scam to me.

I'm awaiting a call back from the European Consumer Centre in relation to this.
    what Nightline told you was absolutely correct. your contract was with Parcel2go and Nightline did not have to even answer your calls/emails/queries as they had no dealings with you.

As for the 28day limit on claims, if it is in the terms and conditions it will be hard to fight it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 baronrath

I booked a parcel to go from Ireland to UK with parcle2go. they arranged with nightline to collect on 1st June. From then there was no tracking available with Parcel2go. Contacted them several times on their 'live chat', but never got reply or update, always saying they had to contact courier. I eventually refered the matter to Paypal (paid via Paypal) and then miracle!, got confirmation of delivery 2days!!! after the parcel delivered. No joy from paypal - they obviously side with the big guy!!.
    Would never use Parcel2go again, tracking seems to be too technical for them.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I had a similar experience. Parcel was collected on time and delivered on time but tracking was totally unavailable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wwwParcel2go

Good Morning.

My name is Kate and I am the quality analyst here at Parcel2Go.

I have read through your posts here and would like to apologise for the difficulties you have faced recently with the Parcel2go Claims Department and the tracking facilities.

We strive to improve our customer experience and appreciate all feedback and comments regarding our services.

I would like to investigate your claim and listen to the troubles you experienced whilst trying to track your parcel.

If you would kindly email me with your order reference number, I will look into this immediately for you. My direct email address is <SNIP>
    I work between the hours of 9.30am - 1.30pm, Monday to Friday.

I would be very grateful of your reply and will do my best to assist you.

Kind Regards
    Kate Evans
    Quality Analyst
    Parcel2Go.com

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi Kate @ Parcel2go. Thanks very much for taking the time to register on Boards and offer assistance in this matter.

As a precaution to prevent misuse of your details, I have removed your email address. Instead, posters can contact you via the Private Message function, which is more secure.

Additionally, if you are going to maintain an ongoing presence here on Boards (i.e. act in an official capacity for Parcel2go or represent Parcel2go) then I would ask that you contact the adminstrators via hello@boards.ie so that they can verify your account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Just to update the thread -

After dealing with Kate via email, Parcel2Go issued me a refund for their standard loss amount of £50. If you pay extra when ordering initially, you can have the full cost of your item covered if it gets lost. I did not opt for this as the item I was sending was quite large and couldn't imagine how it would be lost in transit. However, its value was more than the £50 refunded.

I am happy that I got something back in the end but it took far too long and involved too much aggravation in dealing with Parcel2Go. Their website and T&C's need to be more transparent and less ambiguous which I have fed back to Kate, who was very helpful and courteous to deal with.

In summary, I doubt I'll be using Parcel2Go again but at least my issue came to an amicable resolution........eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,953 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Just to update the thread -

After dealing with Kate via email, Parcel2Go issued me a refund for their standard loss amount of £50. If you pay extra when ordering initially, you can have the full cost of your item covered if it gets lost. I did not opt for this as the item I was sending was quite large and couldn't imagine how it would be lost in transit. However, its value was more than the £50 refunded.

I am happy that I got something back in the end but it took far too long and involved too much aggravation in dealing with Parcel2Go. Their website and T&C's need to be more transparent and less ambiguous which I have fed back to Kate, who was very helpful and courteous to deal with.

In summary, I doubt I'll be using Parcel2Go again but at least my issue came to an amicable resolution........eventually.

They should have covered the entire loss for messing you around. They got off lightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lucy_X

I ordered the courier service via parcel2go to ship my suitcases from Cambridge to London last month, and three of them went missing! After the initial enquiry, I was told that the suitcases were lost and was asked to make a claim. As soon as I submitted all the evidence they asked for, they rejected my claim saying that the exterior packaging was not adequate! It sounds all ridiculous as all my suitcases were wrapped around with the belts. And it had nothing to do with lost parcels anyway. After several emails and phone calls with them, they simply ignored my case and stopped offering me any help on that. Anyone else had similar problems or any advice on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lucy_X

After dealing with them for months, I was finally told that I could get a £50 refund at the end of last year, however, I've never received it .....they are hopeless......

• Registered Users Posts: 2 miclights

Parcel to go have proved themselves to be one of the most unprofessional, incompetent, misleading and down right patronising companies I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

After taking my money "instantly" to quote John one of their supervisors on their instant chat service they then neglected to collect my package all day and never found the time to let me know that they wouldn't make it, or worse off after 5 never called to say sorry and even try to rearrange it. So after searching through their site for a phone number (one does not exist it seems) I was forced to use their I.M. service (which constantly disconnects).

I was offered a patronising €5 added to my pre pay account and to have the parcel collected a day later. Why would they think I would want to do business with them ever again ? I then demanded my full refund which they tell me will take two days! I am sick an tired of companies taking so quick and then not giving back in any great rush.

To top it all off I got a disgraceful email stating that my refund "request" was being looked into and that they "aim" to process these requests within two days. I replied that this was not a request but a demand of course.

Take my free advice which comes immediately (not in two days) avoid them at all costs and go direct to TNT, Nightline, Fastway etc yourself. Their supervisor John couldn't tell me anything at all and he is a SUPERVISOR. They are a joke! Spread the word folks and bit by bit we can send this useless multinational who claims themselves to be "big" back to the wretched office they started in.

Mike from Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement