Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Bank Transfer

• 02-01-2013 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭

I am trying to transfer money to an account in Portugal (holiday apartment booking deposit)
    They gave me account number name and bank name. Its not workin though as Ulster Bank online want IBAN and SWIFT BIC numbers. If i go into branch will it be the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes, though I found out that since last autumn Bank of Ireland won't transfer less than €3000 in a transaction. Ulsterbank might be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

You'll need IBAN & BIC. Looksee, I think the €3,000 refers to in branch only possibly as I have done smaller transfer online internationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You can generate the IBAN number from the account+sortcode+country.

Here you go: http://www.ibancalculator.com/

As the poster above stated, there is no problem doing small international trransfers via online banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sorted thanks. Worked online fine when I got the correct info

Advertisement