Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to remove all posts under my profile

• 04-03-2012 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I would like to delete my name from apprearing on boards.ie.
    If I would close my profile, Boards will still dispay my name and the text of the thread, won't it? If I change my profile name through the paid subscription, would it also change for all threads and posts which I created? Better to word it: Would a new name override the old ones under which I posted? My concern is that my name comes up on the google search and this is not fine with me. My personal information is displayed on boards, like my real name and both e-mails which I used. I am concerned for my privacy. Thank you for your soonest reply. Olga

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A name change would change the name on all posts, including old ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Celtic_Honey

Dear Spear,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I paid for the subscription, may I please ask you to change my user name? I still do not find this option in my profile settings.

Thank you again for your soonest reply.

Kind regards,
    Olga

Hi Team,

Did you receive my reply? Can I send anybody my new preferred username?

Thank you.

Olga

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Name changes can be requested here

Hi Team,

Thank you all for your quick turnaround.
    Now will I have to work with Google to have all the cashed versions removed?

You can close this thread -this issue is resolved.
    0lga

• Advertisement

Dear Helpdesk Team,

What also bothers me is the website called Board reader:
    http://boardreader.com/thread/No_reply_to_RMA_request_2bf8Xy08gd7.html

This website is reading content from your website and my name still appears there. This is a US website, but would you know by any chance when they will remove the posts which are not visible anymore? The threads which you have had are removed.

Thank you.
    Оlgа

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hi there,

You will have to liase with other sites on their content, we can only control what happens under the Boards.ie address and not what happens over on Boardreader.com or in Google cache.

Danny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement