Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 2 Broadcasting in HD now

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

The picture from Thomond is savage tonight on Saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

I presume tonight's rugby match has being billed as HD. I think there are quiet a few programmes going out RTE 2 HD in full clarity but not billed.
    The replay of the Dublin St Patricks Day Parade looked stunning on RTE 2.
    Home and Away seamed to have the clarity as it is filmed in HD.
    But last nights domestic soccer match from Tallght stadium was not in HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Problem is everything is billed as HD - no information on EPG as to whether material will actually be HD(Native) or simply HD standard !

To be fair tonight was first class, visitors to our house commented as soon as they seen picture on TV as to how amazingly clear the picture was - very impressed with the new Telly System - Saorview might get it so (OMG, slaps head and does a Homer S Dooh)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Problem is everything is billed as HD - no information on EPG as to whether material will actually be HD(Native) or simply HD standard !

To be fair tonight was first class, visitors to our house commented as soon as they seen picture on TV as to how amazingly clear the picture was - very impressed with the new Telly System - Saorview might get it so (OMG, slaps head and does a Homer S Dooh)

AFAIK the bulk of the programming is suppose to be upscaled SD. There is only an average of 3 or 4 programmes including sports coverage announced to be in native HD. I have seen certain feature films going out on the channel have the clarity of full HD while most others look SD.
    There are no indication given on the Saorview EPG or in any of the published TV listings wether a programme is HD or not.

Advertisement