Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2012 Olympic Athletics Days - which one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dan man

G-Money wrote: »

I think there's some boxing tickets left but I've no idea what days or anything.

If your wondering what days the Irish lads will be on, here is the expected timetable:

DAY 1: Saturday 28th July
    Men's Bantamweight Round of 32 (JJ Nevin unless he receives a bye)
    Men's Middleweight Round of 32 (Darren O'Neill unless he receives a bye)

DAY 2: Sunday 29th July
    Men's Welterweight Round of 32 (Adam Nolan unless he receives a bye)

DAY 3: Monday 30th July
    Men's Flyweight Boxing Round of 32 (Michael Conlan unless he receives a bye)
    Possibly Joe Ward in the light heavyweight as he stands a very good chance of getting the wildcard.

DAY 4: Tuesday 31st July
    Men's Light-Flyweight (Paddy Barnes unless he receives a bye)

DAY 5: Wednesday 1st August
    Men's Bantamweight Round of 16 (JJ Nevin)

DAY 6: Thursday 2nd August
    Men's Middleweight Round of 16 (Darren O'Neill)

DAY 7: Friday 3rd August
    Men's Flyweight Round of 16 (Michael Conlan)
    Men's Welterweight Round of 16 (Adam Nolan)

DAY 8: Saturday 4th August
    Men's Light Flyweight Round of 16 (Paddy Barnes)
    Possibly Joe Ward in light-heavy round of 16 also

DAY 9: Sunday 5th August
    Evening Session (20:30-22:30) Men's Bantamweight Quarter-Final Medal Matches (JJ Nevin)

DAY 10: Monday 6th August
    Afternoon Session (13:30-16:30) Women's Lightweight Quarter-Final Medal Matches (Katie Taylor)
    Afternoon Session (13:30-16:30) Men's Middlewight Quarter-Final Medal Matches (Darren O'Neill)

DAY 11: Tuesday 7th August
    Evening Session: (20:30-22:30) Men's Flyweight Quarter-Final Medal Matches (Michael Conlan)
    Evening Session: (20:30-22:30) Men's Welterweight Quarter-Final Medal Matches (Adam Nolan)

DAY 12: Wednesday 8th August
    Afternoon Session: (13:30-15:00) Women's Lightweight Semi-Finals (Katie Taylor) chance to secure gold/silver
    Evening Session: (20:30-23:30) Men's Light Flyweight Quarter-Final Medal Matches (Paddy Barnes)
    Evening Session: (20:30-23:30) Men's Light Heavyweight Quarter-Final Medal Matches (possibly Joe Ward)

DAY 13: Thursday 9th August
    Afternoon Session (16:30-18:00) Women's Lightweight Gold Medal Match (Katie Taylor)

DAY 14: Friday 10th August
    Afternoon Session: (13:30-16:00) Men's Flyweight Semis - chance to secure at least silver (Paddy Barnes)
    Afternoon Session: (13:30-16:00) Men's Bantamweight Semis - chance to secure at least silver (JJ Nevin)
    Afternoon Session: (13:30-16:00) Men's Middleweight Semis (Darren O'Neill)
    Evening Session: (20:30-23:00) Men's Flyweight Semis (Michael Conlan)
    Evening Session: (20:30-23:00) Men's Welterweight Semis (Adam Nolan)
    Evening Session: (20:30-23:00) Men's Light-Heavyweight Semis (possibly Joe Ward)

I presume final days are sold out? Remember all of the above depends on our boxers advancing through the rounds but the 2 sessions on Friday 10th August stand out as important from an Irish perspective if you can get tickets for them). But for the rounds of 32 and rounds of 16 it's impossible to know yet what sessions to buy for or whether our boxers will receive byes for the round of 32 so it's maybe wise to stay clear of those. Please double check though just in case I've made a mistake, I wouldn't want to lead anyone astray here.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 glassmullan

Cheers "Dan man" that was very helpful, was able to buy 2 tickets for the boxing semi's and 2 for another event.

Cheers "Dan man" that was very helpful, was able to buy 2 tickets for the boxing semi's and 2 for another event.

No problem, hopefully some of our guys will get through their rounds now, you would imagine one or two will at least. Enjoy the experience, should be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

If anyone's mates has bailed on them (thou I can't ask if you're bailing on yourself), then we (or me), would be delighted to accompany them to The Olympic Stadium for any of the last Thurs/Fri/Sat evening sessions...... especially those Categories £50 - £150! It would cut-out all that messy 'Olympic Ticket Resale' business, and sure we're all "friend(s)" so there's no chance of getting locked up in The Tower of London :cool:
    • 17.2 Save as set out at clauses 17.3 and 17.4 below, Tickets are STRICTLY NON-TRANSFERABLE and MUST NOT BE SOLD nor advertised for sale whether on the internet, in newspapers or elsewhere.
    • 17.3 If more than one Ticket is issued to a Purchaser, those Tickets may only be used by the Purchaser and a family member, friend or colleague who is known to the Purchaser personally and who is intended to accompany the Purchaser to a Session. The transfer of a Ticket in this manner shall not contravene clauses 17.1 and 17.2 PROVIDED THAT:
    • 17.3.1 Such a transfer takes place without payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Ticket
    http://www.tickets.london2012.com/purchaseterms.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Stupid ticket website.

Twice I've got through to having tickets reserved for the Box Hill cycling now, and then it fails on me when it gets to the payment page. :mad:

Back in the queue again now, but gone from being a 1 minute queue to 7 minutes to now being 15 minutes, before it will no doubt fail again.

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    Stupid ticket website.

Twice I've got through to having tickets reserved for the Box Hill cycling now, and then it fails on me when it gets to the payment page. :mad:

Back in the queue again now, but gone from being a 1 minute queue to 7 minutes to now being 15 minutes, before it will no doubt fail again.

It sounds head-wrecking!!....best of luck with the rest of the torture, hope you get some tickets after it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Stupid ticket website.

Sounds like the similar torture I had trying to get tickets in the last round. Put them in the basket, request them, no tix available, then unable to remove them from basket to try another session as it was constantly timing out, and when I did get tix available the site would still time out on each step.
    Over an hour later, eventually got something - best of luck in trying.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

:D:D:D

Got through on the phone after following some other frustration on twitter.

Think it may have been that the website couldn't cope with if you had already got tickets for another event in a previous booking, so the bloke on the phone created me another account.

So I now have:
    Cycling - Mens Road Race
    Basketball
    Table Tennis
    Beach Volleyball
    Modern Pentathlon - Mens
    Modern Pentathlon - Womens
    Athletics - 1500m Mens final, 100mH Womens final

Won 4 tickets to the basketball
    Slowly building up my bartering repertoire............not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

More tickets going on sale on Friday it seems.

From @PearceSport
    London 2012 announce that extra 43,000 tickets including Ceremonies, Athletics and Swimming to go on sale 1st come 1st served Friday 11am

• Advertisement

I've got to pretend that I didn't see that post now. Can't be spending any more money on tickets.

More tickets going on sale on Friday it seems.

From @PearceSport

Looking for 2, will try for 4, 3rd time lucky, or maybe it's 4th

Ad on Donedeal selling 2 £95 women's boxing final tickets for €300 o.n.o EACH. I pressed 'report ad' saying the above and "ticket touting" and got the following standard response;

Hi X,

Thank you for contacting us.

I totally agree that touters like this are a nuisance. However it is very difficult for us to remove ads just because the item they are selling are over priced.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best,

Y.

:eek: Naive to assume that when sellers are paying €3 a pop anyone actually cares about the consumer

I'd refer them to this, and then maybe point London 2012 towards the ad as well:

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/about_resale.html

I'd refer them to this, and then maybe point London 2012 towards the ad as well:

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/about_resale.html

I had sent them a 2nd 'report ad' from a different e-mail address, when I got that first reply, with the link and got the exact same reply (hence I knew it was 'standard'), and just to be sure I had offered the seller face value, by text, with the following reply, "I won't sell them for face value". Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

In a 5 second boolean search on donedeal ad:

Her name is Susan Carry
    She lives in 7 Oliver Plunkett Road, Kells, Co. Meath
    Her mobile number is 0872348662

Knock into her one day and ask to see the tickets.....

"Damn. Th:cool:se meddling kids".

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

French ticket reseller has some Athletics and Closing ceremony tickets on sale. Prices too rich for my blood as it's category A and AA. €600+

Apparently Sportsworld.co.uk has some tickets on sale now too, I haven't checked out what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

I tried on the site now for some athletics tickets, no joy.

Will be travelling for the ladies boxing final session anyhow, hope Katie gets there as I'm hoping! But a couple of days away with my brother regardless will be a bit of craic.

• Advertisement

finbarrk wrote: »
    A lad here on Done Deal selling Athletics for August 10th. Dosen't say the price though.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/sporttickets/3371518

Here is Steve's reply from today:
    £3500 for the 4 tickets cat b. Can get accommodation if you need it , also have tickets for Hyde Park closing ceremony Olympic concert on the Sunday12/08/2012 featuring Blur/New Order /The Specials @ £100 each

(Another tout. Cat B tickets for AT014 are £295. I wouldn't even pay that. Am changing tact and looking for a pub with a telly in central London).

tickets arrived today!

tickets arrived today!

Congrats, where did you order your tickets from/through?

From @PearceSport again
    Advance warning of final Dutch Olympic ticket sale. 12pm BST tomorrow. Athletics, tennis + more. You'll need passport http://os2012.atpi.nl/nl.php

I bought a ticket through this site last November, although it has not yet arrived...

Congrats, where did you order your tickets from/through?

got them in the official draw this time last year.....totally lucked out

From @PearceSport again

I bought a ticket through this site last November, although it has not yet arrived...

I made at least two separate orders through the Dutch site, and also the French and UK sites for other tickets. None have arrived yet, but I think they are meant to start appearing in the post soon.

I made at least two separate orders through the Dutch site, and also the French and UK sites for other tickets. None have arrived yet, but I think they are meant to start appearing in the post soon.

Good to know it's not just me then!

A further batch of 50,000 contingency tickets are on sale today, including Hockey, Diving, Handball, Water Polo, Modern Pentathlon and Basketball. It has also been confirmed that the official resale is now live. Tickets will not be made available immediately for resale, but will be validated and released for sale in June on a sport-by-sport basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

A further batch of 50,000 contingency tickets are on sale today, including Hockey, Diving, Handball, Water Polo, Modern Pentathlon and Basketball. It has also been confirmed that the official resale is now live. Tickets will not be made available immediately for resale, but will be validated and released for sale in June on a sport-by-sport basis.

Yep, just logged on there and got tickets for handball and volleyball. Am all set now - will see the two above plus gold medal matches in badminton. Will also catch women's marathon and women's tri. Might get some late tickets for the early athletics sessions too as they come back into circulation

• Advertisement

I've just got a couple of emails from the Dutch site asking for the passport numbers of each person that I've got tickets for. Anyone else had this from other sites they have bought from?

Advertisement