Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RHCP - 26th June 2012 Croke Park

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Say what you will about Nickelback,90% of people hate them, but they are a great live band, really know how to put on a show. Not a hope of them playing here though! Its just idle speculation.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Say what you will about Nickelback,90% of people hate them, but they are a great live band, really know how to put on a show. Not a hope of them playing here though! Its just idle speculation.

Yea i dont really get all the hate against them , seen them supporting Bon Jovi in 2006 and they were great but missed them last time they did the RDS.

They have announced a World Tour but Europe dates have not been announced yet

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jakestully

it looks like hogan stand and cusack stand have sold out now! :) so it will probably be pretty crowded. both lower and upper tier are sold out.

GREAT! Cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

jakestully wrote: »
    it looks like hogan stand and cusack stand have sold out now! :) so it will probably be pretty crowded. both lower and upper tier are sold out.

Yeah, now if only they had released a decent album in the last 10 years and that their key member hadn't left the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

jakestully wrote: »

That's fantastic, was really dreading the fact this gig wasn't going to sell well.

Sell out by the date it shall be.

I can't wait myself:)

• Advertisement

chopser wrote: »
    Yeah, now if only they had released a decent album in the last 10 years and that their key member hadn't left the band.

Dude, by the way and stadium arcadium is awesome.
    IWY is pretty bad though.

karaokeman wrote: »
    That's fantastic, was really dreading the fact this gig wasn't going to sell well.

Sell out by the date it shall be.

I can't wait myself:)

Me too, I was really worried, and nothing new in this thread for a while. I started to think it would only be like 20.000 people there or something.

but this is going to be GREAT! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Still they have one of the best bass players in the world.
    I only hope they won't play many songs from the last album. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Thank God for Noel Gallagher. :cool:

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Still they have one of the best bass players in the world.
    I only hope they won't play many songs from the last album. . .

I don't think they will change the setlist too much from the O2.

In the O2 all they played from the new album was Monarchy of Roses, Look Around, Rain Dance Maggie and Factory of Faith.

I would like them to scrap all they played from the new album last time barr Monarchy and add in Brendan's Death Song.

From their old albums all I'll need is Otherside and The Power of Equality thrown in there. If they have that and the rest of their current set I'll be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 shanemangan

Looking forward to this gig too. Will be my first time seeing them. Pleased with Noel Gallaghers HFB aswell being there, should be a good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

That "key member" you speak of was the driving force in the writing of 2 of their 3 albums in the last 10 years.

People just love being negtive and love playing the critic.

Frusciante quits, you criticise. Frusciante doesn't quit, based on what you said about their last 2 albums with him as the most prominant songwriter, you'd probably still criticise. Can't win....

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

jordainius wrote: »
    That "key member" you speak of was the driving force in the writing of 2 of their 3 albums in the last 10 years.

People just love being negtive and love playing the critic.

Frusciante quits, you criticise. Frusciante doesn't quit, based on what you said about their last 2 albums with him as the most prominant songwriter, you'd probably still criticise. Can't win....

Yeah I thought By the Way (which I agree is a great album) came out in 2001 . My mistake.

I'm not trying to be a critic. It's very obvious that the band is not nearly as good live or recording without Frusciante . Granted he also had a hand in Stadium Arcadium , but it is still a terrible album (Special award for Hump de Bump being one of their worst ever single releases).

I was such a huge fan circa 1997 -2003 and I just feel that they haven't released anything good since then to warrant an expensive gig in a huge stadium When myself and many other fans have likely seen them 2-3 times . I thought no one would buy tickets for it. I guess I am being proved wrong and it will prob sell out.

And of course Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds are playing. One of the greatest Live acts ever. (or so the radio keeps saying)

Leading UK urban star Dizzee Rascal is to return to the live stage later this year supporting Red Hot Chili Peppers at their massive Knebworth Park and Sunderland Stadium of Light Summer shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Leading UK urban star Dizzee Rascal is to return to the live stage later this year supporting Red Hot Chili Peppers at their massive Knebworth Park and Sunderland Stadium of Light Summer shows.

Really? Seems like a strange act to have supporting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Really? Seems like a strange act to have supporting them.

Seems to be a running thing with the Chili Peppers at this stage. Remember New Order ten years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

honru wrote: »
    Seems to be a running thing with the Chili Peppers at this stage. Remember New Order ten years ago?

Sorry can't say I do. I was barely 12 at that stage and a bit of a dozy bollicks.

Red Hot Chili Peppers are delighted to confirm that The Vaccines will join them and their very special guests Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, when they play Croke Park Dublin on the 26th of June 2012.
    Red Hot chili Peppers have now confirmed an incredible line up for what will be the music event of the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

im more excited for support as we speak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

about time we get a better deal at support

• Advertisement

Fantastic news.

Haven't heard much from The Vaccines yet but hearing good things all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Red Hot Chili Peppers are delighted to confirm that The Vaccines will join them and their very special guests Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, when they play Croke Park Dublin on the 26th of June 2012.
    Red Hot chili Peppers have now confirmed an incredible line up for what will be the music event of the summer!

Are They The Band That Are Really Like The Arctic Monkeys ?

Are They The Band That Are Really Like The Arctic Monkeys ?

Noel and The Vaccines playing with a bunch of smelly Americans (!). This is an outrage. Three words: The Stone Roses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noel and The Vaccines playing with a bunch of smelly Americans (!). This is an outrage. Three words: The Stone Roses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its because the Stone Roses dont need big support since they have sold out their Pheonix Park gig . RHCP havent thats why Noel and Vaccines are playing to sell more tickets

Its because the Stone Roses dont need big support since they have sold out their Pheonix Park gig . RHCP havent thats why Noel and Vaccines are playing to sell more tickets

I didn't ask why! I'm just saying it's an outrage. Stone Roses, Noel, Vaccines - that's a far better way of billing those bands than the way they have it now. Stupid profit maximising MCD

In saying that, it has worked. I already had a Stone Roses ticket, and yesterday bought a Noel/Vaccines standing ticket.
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

What are the RHCP like live? I have to admit I'm not their biggest fan but I wouldn't mind seeing Noel Gallagher, I missed his O2 gig.

G-Money wrote: »
    What are the RHCP like live? I have to admit I'm not their biggest fan but I wouldn't mind seeing Noel Gallagher, I missed his O2 gig.

They're pretty good live.

Only thing with the time I saw them (I was at the O2) is that Keidis had a sore throat so he was unable to interact with the crowd much, but even when that happens Flea is always there too:cool:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

G-Money wrote: »

Absolutely terrible.

I say that as someone who pretty much regards Flea as a god and - the once again departed- Frusciante as probably the most influential guitarist for me as a young fella. The last decent gig I saw them play was Slane and I only put that down performance down to the DVD that they were recording.

Advertisement