Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 irisheagle

Rudest I'd have to say Bernard Dunne, I suprised enough as he comes across as a nice lad, didn't even go over to him he came over to us bumped into me mate a bit and asked if we were alright then stared at us for a few seconds and walked off :confused:, me mate is living in England the last few years and hadn't a clue who he was :D

Have to say the soundest was Richard Dunne the Ireland defender, met him years ago in Livepool when I was a kid, total gent

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭garden_snapper

irisheagle wrote: »
    Rudest I'd have to say Bernard Dunne, I suprised enough as he comes across as a nice lad, didn't even go over to him he came over to us bumped into me mate a bit and asked if we were alright then stared at us for a few seconds and walked off :confused:, me mate is living in England the last few years and hadn't a clue who he was :D

Have to say the soundest was Richard Dunne the Ireland defender, met him years ago in Livepool when I was a kid, total gent

Think to be fair to Bernard you might have got him on a bad day. I had the opposite opinion I didnt like him at all but met him with the young lad at the Aviva for the Utd v Airtricity game and he stopped and took pictures and then asked his mate to take one so the three of us could get in the picture so in my experience he was dead sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Jonah42 wrote: »
    I met Dave Grohl at the airport. He was the nicest guy in the world and we talked about guitars for a few minutes. He fell over his suitcase and just laughed it off too.

Agree wit this, Met him twice and each time he's been awesome, first time was backstage at the Ozzfest in Milton Keynes, he said they were leaving and if there was anything we wanted in his dressing room just to take it as they were leaving it.

Got a couple of signed pics, a few drumsticks and a couple of t-shirts.

Nicest rock star i've met (Apart from Henry Rollins), and i've met quite a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

John Wayne....met him once.
    I said 'Jez, I thought you were dead'.....he just turned around and went - 'To hell I am'

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

pakalasa wrote: »
    I said 'Jez, I thought you were dead'.....he just turned around and went - 'To hell I am'

Thats awesome id love to meet him!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

ladypip wrote: »
    Thats awesome id love to meet him!!

Eh....He's dead quite a while now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

It was a JOKE! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

shayne gibbons- total gent, was doting over my little son and was telling me how he missed his own children

sir Bobbie Robson- very nice man

NIcky Byrne- absolute gent, so much time for photographs and chatting to people, so patient and is really down to earth. His wife Georgina, lovely as well.

My mother met a guy who said he was a stand in for John Wayne, de mammy was impressed but at the time I did not know who JW was only about 7 or 8.

Larry Mullen once winked at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Not a very funny one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭furiousox

"The hell it was......!" :D

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

get off your horse and take your joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 1221

Lothar Matthaeus. Asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

smares wrote: »
    geri Halliwell told there minders not to let myself and a friend into the shop or near them.

Halliwell is an awful bint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bobDbuilder

Myself and a few mates were sitting in the shelbourne reception a good few years ago. We were slagging and ripping the piss when the old bloke beside us reading the paper stopped, then told us to 'shut the fukc up'.

It turned out it was Denis Hopper. Ended up having a bit of craic with the grumpy auld fecker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Myself and a few mates were sitting in the shelbourne reception a good few years ago. We were slagging and ripping the piss when the old bloke beside us reading the paper stopped, then told us to 'shut the fukc up'.

It turned out it was Denis Hopper. Ended up having a bit of craic with the grumpy auld fecker.

Priceless. I want Denis Hopper to tell me to shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭johnbobtheslob

the green day singer billie joe armstrong was an absolute gent. met him at dublin airport couple years ago chatted with him for bout 15min in the airport lovely fella

ray foley was a self important a hole when i met him

• Registered Users Posts: 20,907 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Just read a bunch of quoted "tweets" from the paper last week and there was one from George best son about appearing on an irish tv show..he was saying along the lines that he had no interest but he feels he has to keep "his irish fans happy"....

How in the name of jehovah can anyone and i mean anyone be a fan of george best's son....??????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

seanybiker wrote: »

Me too! Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

seanybiker wrote: »
    Go buy a ouija board then.

Seriously, that's a very cool anecdote, made cooler by the fact that you all ended up having the craic together.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Just read a bunch of quoted "tweets" from the paper last week and there was one from George best son about appearing on an irish tv show..he was saying along the lines that he had no interest but he feels he has to keep "his irish fans happy"....

How in the name of jehovah can anyone and i mean anyone be a fan of george best's son....??????

Because he was one of the greatest footballers of all time,even if he did play for "them",he was a true talent.

Oh,hang on,got that mixed up.I see you mean,the useless, talentless,absolute no mark,Callum.
    "Hi I'm Callum Best,there is no reason at all that I should be on tv,in the papers at all,I've nothing to offer,but my dad was real at soccerball.......:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Skatey

Jack L...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,907 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Skatey wrote: »
    Jack L...
    whassup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

John de Lancie ... It was one of those "Do you know who I am?!" moments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭pooch90

Kiva.D wrote: »
    John de Lancie ... It was one of those "Do you know who I am?!" moments

But who is he??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,162 ✭✭✭Kiva.D

pooch90 wrote: »
    But who is he??

Well, I'm not really sure... a character actor on television who
    apparently played someone named "Q" on Star Trek ???
    1735_l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

tellingeye wrote: »
    Neil Delemare, rude rude rude!

Even onlookers couldn't believe it! The chant "who are ya, who are ya" was shouted after him!!!

A friend was on a night out with ND and found him incredibly rude. Hates not being the centre of attention and would make snide remarks at any other guys in the group who made jokes. Second hand story so perhaps take with a pinch of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Fionn Regan. Was doing a private show and was very difficult to deal with. Refused to cooperate and was sullen and obnoxious the entire time. The venue could only cater for acoustic gigs due to it being a day time show but he showed up with a full electric set up and drums despite knowing this. His way or the highway. Wanna talk to someone about it? My manager is over there.

Gemma Hayes and Josh Ritter could not have been nicer. Both very happy to chat and sign albums for people. Very appreciative of any help they were offered and were all round friendly people. Particularly impressed with Ritter as he had just gone through a nightmare journey to get to Dublin during the ash cloud fiasco. It was a private show that was early in the day ahead of his main show in Grand Canal Theatre and he could easily have cancelled as he had very little sleep in the past 24 hours. Was more than happy to proceed and was completely chilled out and happy to have some banter with those who spoke to him. Extremely polite man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

met paul daniels in a restaurant once such a numpty

went up and asked for his autograph and he got all shirty and told me to go away and stop bothering him

i said that i used to watch him on tv but he didnt give a toss

thought a has been like him would like a bit of attention but hes just a grumpy fcuker

sad sack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭harpsman

never have much sympathy for autograph hunters above age of 12

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

harpsman wrote: »
    never have much sympathy for autograph hunters above age of 12

but i was about 8 at the time

Advertisement