Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung TV USB Connect Share Movie ... Is it as good as it sounds?

• 30-06-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if this feature of certain Samsung TVs worth getting?
    Has anyone used it?
    Does it play movies / avi files directly off a USB key?

It kind of sounds too good to be true so Im not sure whether to shell out a little extra for it. I'm worried it'd be a bit tempermental and ultimately useless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭randox

Its great. I have the LE46C750 and it plays avi, mkv and MPEG files.
    Haven't used my DVD player in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pipitka

Does PC share manager work with your TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭randox

Not using it. I have a Mac and I believe its PC only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jackymurphy

it is a very nice feature. it even load srt subtitle:D (and others which I haven't tested yet)
    too bad it doesn't support AAC audio codec inside MKV container (I'm using UA40C6200).
    you can refer to the user manual for supported codec (for example).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MegaMike

randox wrote: »
    Its great. I have the LE46C750 and it plays avi, mkv and MPEG files.
    Haven't used my DVD player in a while

I have a Samsung UE46C8700 LED TV. I just recently cam across this USB Connect Share Movie device. But what is it? Is it similar to a USB memory stick where movie & music files can be stored for display on the TV? Or is it a WIFI stick that allows you to play movie files from your computer and show it on the TV screen. Actually, I am looking for the later. On my TV, it's possible to use a USB stick to play a file on the TV. I guess the TV has it's own built in movie viewer software. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MegaMike

it is a very nice feature. it even load srt subtitle:D (and others which I haven't tested yet)
    too bad it doesn't support AAC audio codec inside MKV container (I'm using UA40C6200).
    you can refer to the user manual for supported codec (for example).

I have a Samsung UE46C8700 LED TV. I just recently cam across this USB Connect Share Movie device. But what is it? Is it similar to a USB memory stick where movie & music files can be stored for display on the TV? Or is it a WIFI stick that allows you to play movie files from your computer and show it on the TV screen. Actually, I am looking for the later. On my TV, it's possible to use a USB stick to play a file on the TV. I guess the TV has it's own built in movie viewer software. Thanks!

Advertisement