Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Catch. (Mod note in OP 14/05/2015)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Macspower wrote: »
    Been a while since I had a ton bag..

40885323427633331860210.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

new1xs.jpg

new2y.jpg

That's an amazing haul of fish. Never done this style of fishing so if these are silly questions please forgive me...
    Is it normal and safe practice to have a load of fish out of water like that? How do the ones at the bottom of the pile cope with the weight and pressure on top of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Chuileog wrote: »
    That's an amazing haul of fish. Never done this style of fishing so if these are silly questions please forgive me...
    Is it normal and safe practice to have a load of fish out of water like that? How do the ones at the bottom of the pile cope with the weight and pressure on top of them?

No such thing as a silly question.... The fish are kept in a keepnet of at least 2.5 m long so they can swim around until the end of the session.. then we get ready the weighnet and groundsheet for the photo.. they are removed from the water weighed and photographed and returned with a target time of 3 mins.. they all go back alive.. to be caught another day.

Had another great haul yesterday but the fish weren't the same size as the last day.. over 60lb with some fantastic DACE... yes dace...

050220121018.jpg

Specimen Dace
    050220121024.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

New to this thread. My best catch of last year. Nearly that time again:D. Can't wait

img1191dl.jpg

img1192y.jpg

img1193ik.jpg

img1196bo.jpg

img1210kw.jpg

img1212q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34 pigeon shooter

nice browny!!! What did he weigh in at?

nice browny!!! What did he weigh in at?

It was the first week of the season, looked like she had just spawned. she was nearly 9 lb. Hard to tell exactly. The small scales was struggling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 pigeon shooter

It was the first week of the season, looked like she had just spawned. she was nearly 9 lb. Hard to tell exactly. The small scales was struggling.

Not too bad! Shes a beauty! Looking forward to this years season now! Its only around the corner now thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

purehoor wrote: »
    they obviously dont show ye how to handle pike down there in the home of wild fishing. dont think youd like to be clamped by the mouth and hung up by it. disgrace!

Thanks for the advice, not used to course fishing no and it didn't even cross my mind to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Lovely fish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

Newry Canal 14/2/2012, as tempting as it was to give the Pike as a Valetines Day gift to my wife it swam off happy as Larry!

pike.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jay tipperary

picture.php?albumid=1965&pictureid=12059

5 and a half pound canal pike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭experimenter

Was it returned?

Was it returned?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bonzoscout

500kg black marlin caught stand up last year in indonesia,s maluku islands. Caught on 50 lb tackle. Had to change boats during the fight to keep up with her had it to the boat 3 times with nobody game enough to leader her. eventually she died after a 4 hour fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bonzoscout

206kg bluefinn tuna caught by Brian Stapleton out of Downings aboard the bonito skippered by Ailaster mc Ilwaine,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

All I can say is WOW. Fair play bonzo amazing catches, the marlin is a cracker, thanks for sharing the pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

I look at this thread and all i want to do is go home to Ireland to fish!
    Cant beat fishing in Ireland! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭Eddie B

first of the season!

Image0225-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29 evilgannet

First two of the season apologies for out of focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

First two of the season apologies for out of focus
    what weight were they? did you bring them home?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 evilgannet

Top one is about 9oz/29cm smaller one about the 6oz/24cm

They are for dinner to-night.

Trout always go well with new potatoes and broccoli

• Advertisement

Another nice fish from the little stream down the road!;)

Image0231.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭blackstairsboy

Well Eddie what did ye catch them on there fine trout? I don't really fish this early but have a bit of time on my hands so might go for a wander this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

Well Eddie what did ye catch them on there fine trout? I don't really fish this early but have a bit of time on my hands so might go for a wander this weekend.

You can see the worms on the second pic ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭blackstairsboy

BoarHunter wrote: »
    You can see the worms on the second pic ;)

God bless your eyesight I have spotted them now.

Yea i don't fly fish, but even if i did it's impossible to do so in this place! Very wild and overgrown, small gaps between tree's and bushes! A lot bigger fish than those ones in it, but hard got!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Spuddeeez

class catch as always macspowers. I might add that I know this man and fish welfare is top priority. Oh and all caught on the time old stick float and using a centre pin reel...

(@Macspower: PM'd you just in case you haven't guessed who I am ;)
    Macspower wrote: »
    No such thing as a silly question.... The fish are kept in a keepnet of at least 2.5 m long so they can swim around until the end of the session.. then we get ready the weighnet and groundsheet for the photo.. they are removed from the water weighed and photographed and returned with a target time of 3 mins.. they all go back alive.. to be caught another day.

Had another great haul yesterday but the fish weren't the same size as the last day.. over 60lb with some fantastic DACE... yes dace...

050220121018.jpg

Specimen Dace
    050220121024.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

My first little brownie on the Boyne in Trim this year. Great couple of hours with 4 trout and a half decent sized Salmon Parr, all on Czech Nymphs.

8C188DD120434273B678FEC961332B01-0000337267-0002799036-00640L-B91025E9CA144C309E7882FC0BECCD1E.jpg
    Photo is courtesy of the Missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rpmcmurphy

Lovely fish and a fine photo. Well done on both counts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=398400376837304&set=a.106632046014140.12365.100000020348306&type=1

20lb 3oz pike caught by my 14yr old son , beats his PB by almost 10lbs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

bayliner wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=398400376837304&set=a.106632046014140.12365.100000020348306&type=1

20lb 3oz pike caught by my 14yr old son , beats his PB by almost 10lbs!!

cant access this link

Advertisement