Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next for Dunne

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Johner wrote: »
    not really. if you get a 50-90euro. sure you would spend that on a night out! its fairly good value.

It is. i went for the 90 euros as I wanted to be a bit nearer.

Should be an interesting fight, points perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

spongeman wrote: »
    It is. i went for the 90 euros as I wanted to be a bit nearer.

Should be an interesting fight, points perhaps.

Points = Dunne win. KO = Poonsawat win. IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Does anyone else not think the prices for this fight are a bit steep.Would love to go but im not paying mad money for it.

I think the prices are very fair. I went to UFC and the ticket was 75 but the 02 is a great venue so you get a good view in the 60 seats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭Goose81

Yeah but in UFC you get to see top fighters,90 euro for Dunne is taking the piss.

It should be 40 at max,the way they market these things you would think you are seeing Hatton Mayweather 2.

Whenwhat you are actually seeing is the fake champion in his division fighting a chump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭colly10

Jesus a company trying to make a profit what next!!! :pac:

6.35 is totally taking the piss in fairness

• Advertisement

Goose81, you dont know what your talking about.
    Dunne is fighting a Thai that is ranked in the top 5 in the World for the Original World title.
    40 max for a tix, I would love to pay that price for a tix since Im a student but prices will not be that low because its a World title fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

:rolleyes:

touchingyourself - were you on the beer last night??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭itouchmyself

john47832 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

touchingyourself - were you on the beer last night??

:pac::pac::pac:.... Vodka's bad... :pac::pac::pac:

Goose81 wrote: »
    Yeah but in UFC you get to see top fighters,90 euro for Dunne is taking the piss.

It should be 40 at max,the way they market these things you would think you are seeing Hatton Mayweather 2.

Whenwhat you are actually seeing is the fake champion in his division fighting a chump.

This fake champ came back from being destroyed in a round to being knocked down twice in a world title fight to winning the title.

This chump has lost once in nearly 40 fights.

We must be talking about 2 completely different people.

This fake champ came back from being destroyed in a round to being knocked down twice in a world title fight to winning the title.

This chump has lost once in nearly 40 fights.

We must be talking about 2 completely different people.

40 fights :confused: you's must be alright this thread is about Bernard Dunne....
    because he hasnt even had 30 fights!

Says it all really...:rolleyes: if you think he's the best in the world at that weight believe it but its obvious you have not a clue if thats what you think!

p.s. Goose81 ufc my arse:D

• Advertisement

deluded 12 year old!

"in UFC you get to see top fighters" - eh naw! they are pretty **** actually and get paid **** all - but lets not turn this into a UFC v Boxing thread please.

"Whenwhat you are actually seeing is the fake champion in his division fighting a chump" - Poonsawat is rated higher in the division by The Ring and BoxRec than Dunne and only the "legit champions" above him.

Now toddle off and watch Royal Rumble!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,966 ✭✭✭Big Ears

40 fights :confused: you's must be alright this thread is about Bernard Dunne....

Have you confused yourself, the person being referred to as the 'chump' aka one of the top Super-Bantamweights in the World is the one with nearly 40 fights. No one said Dunne had nearly 40.

Big Ears wrote: »
    Have you confused yourself, the person being referred to as the 'chump' aka one of the top Super-Bantamweights in the World is the one with nearly 40 fights. No one said Dunne had nearly 40.

Yeah I read it wrong.

Says it all really...:rolleyes: if you think he's the best in the world at that weight believe it but its obvious you have not a clue if thats what you think!

p.s. Goose81 ufc my arse:D

Try and learn to read my friend, you referred to the challenger as a chump. I said the chump had lost once in nearly 40 fights, which is true. He has fought 39 times. I lived in Thailand for a few years and saw the way they go about their business, this guy is no fool.

Where did I say that he was the best in the world at that weight ? D'ont put words in my mouth.

Try and learn to read my friend, you referred to the challenger as a chump. I said the chump had lost once in nearly 40 fights, which is true. He has fought 39 times. I lived in Thailand for a few years and saw the way they go about their business, this guy is no fool.

Where did I say that he was the best in the world at that weight ? D'ont put words in my mouth.

Were did I say anyone is a "chump"????
    As you said learn to read my friend:mad:

Anyway, moving along and ignoring the ignorance, does anybody have any idea who may be on the undercard ?

Anyway, moving along and ignoring the ignorance, does anybody have any idea who may be on the undercard ?

Ignorance hey....

Anyway Murray, Patrick Hyland and talk about Tyson Fury but I dont know I thought he was fighting McDermott soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tone it down boys, less of the aggressive posts and try to debate civilly.

Anyway, I read here that this fight is for the ORIGINAL title?

Can someone explain, as I was under the impression that Dunne
    holds a version of the original. What has changed?

walshb wrote: »

nothing has changed - the original or regular or normal or ordinary (dependant or what you call it yourself) title is the title that it is for.

Celestino Caballero remains the "super" and in my eyes true champion

read where?

• Advertisement

nothing has changed - the original or regular or normal or ordinary (dependant or what you call it yourself) title is the title that it is for.

Celestino Caballero remains the "super" and in my eyes true champion

whats the latest on Caballero moving up to feather?

The Thai is the WBA interim champion I believe.

However the only time he fought outside Thailand he lost.

john47832 wrote: »
    whats the latest on Caballero moving up to feather?

just talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,966 ✭✭✭Big Ears

just talk.

Ya he won last night against a very easy opponent and it seems just as(if not more) likely he'll fight Juan Manuel Lopez as move up in weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Calling a spade a spade, Dunne has the interim version(the call it the regular title) of Cabaleros title(which is called the super title as he has the ibf also), and poonswat as the interim version of Dunnes title.

So thats 3 titles from the wba in the one association.

On a positive note though Dunne fought a top 7-8 fighter for the title in cordoba who has a win over cab, and poonswat is said to be waiting his shot for a year and a half. He is also rated in the top 5 independantly and defo above Dunne. So its a big step forward for Irish boxing to have guys competing at such a high level.

Guys like McLoskey, Lee and Duddy arent that far behind him at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭Goose81

deluded 12 year old!

"in UFC you get to see top fighters" - eh naw! they are pretty **** actually and get paid **** all - but lets not turn this into a UFC v Boxing thread please.

"Whenwhat you are actually seeing is the fake champion in his division fighting a chump" - Poonsawat is rated higher in the division by The Ring and BoxRec than Dunne and only the "legit champions" above him.

Now toddle off and watch Royal Rumble!

I can just see you now,some scumbag thinking he knows anything about boxing screaming at a Dunne fight,your a clown.

He is an average at best fighter who will get bashed if he fights any sort of proper champion such as Lopez.He is an average fighter who will be bashed if he fights a proper champion.#

Btw they get paid a **** load more than Dunne will ever get.But you knew that already.

I can just see you now,some scumbag thinking he knows anything about boxing screaming at a Dunne fight,your a clown.

He is an average at best fighter who will get bashed if he fights any sort of proper champion such as Lopez.He is an average fighter who will be bashed if he fights a proper champion.#

Btw they get paid a **** load more than Dunne will ever get.But you knew that already.

A World champion is not an average fighter.

:rolleyes: have you tried the spiritual forum Goose - may help you with your anger, and will also give the dog a break from being kicked

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

joepenguin wrote: »
    Calling a spade a spade, Dunne has the interim version(the call it the regular title) of Cabaleros title(which is called the super title as he has the ibf also), and poonswat as the interim version of Dunnes title.

So thats 3 titles from the wba in the one association.

On a positive note though Dunne fought a top 7-8 fighter for the title in cordoba who has a win over cab, and poonswat is said to be waiting his shot for a year and a half. He is also rated in the top 5 independantly and defo above Dunne. So its a big step forward for Irish boxing to have guys competing at such a high level.

Guys like McLoskey, Lee and Duddy arent that far behind him at the moment.

Exactly what I thought, but reading here I thought something had changed because it was mentioned that this fight vs Poonsawat was for the ORIGINAL
    WBA title, which it is not...

• Advertisement

Exactly what I thought, but reading here I thought something had changed because it was mentioned that this fight vs Poonsawat was for the ORIGINAL
    WBA title, which it is not...

Depends what way you look at it - This is for the original / and Cordobas title is unified

or - This is for interim type of belt and Cordoba holds original

calling a spade a spade - the history books will show the mighty Dunne as World Champion

Advertisement