Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, you're officially long term unemployed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

mattjack wrote: »
    My course wasnt 3k plus.Fas funded most of it.I funded a little bit myself.

How much was your course and how much funding did Fás give you as part of your CE scheme?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

fas dont fund diploma / degree courses,they do upskill and job training programmes and the odd fetac course

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Go back to post 121 , there's three little letters there in my post.

Google them in upper case , when you do that , look at the training page.

Then come back to me , I'll pm you exactly what I'm doing ... the breakdown of costs,who paid what , my results if you want and next years info. .

i looked at the fas website just now,and it has upskilling courses,and job training courses..no diploma level or degree.

i did ask when i was on a ce scheme if i could do one,they said if i did a fetac i could follow on to do a diploma course but it would be off my own bat(my own funding)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I haven't got my official "long-tem unemployed" cert / medal yet. **** that, me living in a free house with my free car that I can't drive and my free three and a half kids that I sold into slavery. I'd continue but I'm off on my holliers (to the Caribbean island of your choice). Must get my megal when I return.

But I am being austere about it all.

• Advertisement

i looked at the fas website just now,and it has upskilling courses,and job training courses..no diploma level or degree.

i did ask when i was on a ce scheme if i could do one,they said if i did a fetac i could follow on to do a diploma course but it would be off my own bat(my own funding)

Ok, I appreciate what you're saying.I,ve moved between two charitys on a CE scheme.The first charity employs the most amount of CE workers in the country as far I know.
    The supervisor I had there is all for encouraging people to improve themselves.

Different employees do different courses , some do nothing at all.
    His theory/ideal was that if you find or pick a course that looks sensible or reasonable , he informs he managers and if they were happy they would allow him fund as much as was reasonably possible.

You are correct to say that there is a limit of 500 euro a year, but over three plus years ..some people do six according to their needs it could be 3000 plus.

Most third level as far as I know let you pay in instalments.Fas funded most of the cost for me.I,m not the only one who has used this method.

Some CE are allowed access funding if they are disabled in any way, ex prisoners are also able to access funding.

The second CE charity I work for has a scholarship scheme and and CE funding.It operates under Drugs Task Force criteria, slightly different from community based ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Fair play to you matt, looks like you're getting places

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Became a voluntary music producer for local bands, became a volunteer for the local community radio station, built a log cabin, designed a new garden, applied for about 1000 jobs. Still 9 months unemployed :-/

FAS are involved in the drugs task team,thats a very serious thing,do you have the right experience for that or is anybody allowed to have a go at that?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

antodeco wrote: »
    Became a voluntary music producer for local bands, became a volunteer for the local community radio station, built a log cabin, designed a new garden, applied for about 1000 jobs. Still 9 months unemployed :-/

Your own fault so stop with the whining. In the same time others could and were able to get jobs so it obviously something you were doing wrong and they were doing right. You need to find out what that something is and then apply yourself properly. :D*

*it's amazingly easy to write that kind of retarded drivel.

• Advertisement

FAS are involved in the drugs task team,thats a very serious thing,do you have the right experience for that or is anybody allowed to have a go at that?

Yes and no.

antodeco wrote: »

I tip my hat to volunteers, sir.

so is that a yes or a no :D

so is that a yes or a no :D

Yes I do have training and no, its not for everyone.

OMG FAS involved with the drugs task force?How exactly do fas train you to be on the drugs task force? I find the whole thing unscrupulous..

OMG FAS involved with the drugs task force?How exactly do fas train you to be on the drugs task force? I find the whole thing unscrupulous..

You're getting a bit hysterical . Do you need to go for a lie down ?

no but i just find the whole idea of fas supplying free 3 day workers to the drugs task force a little much but i shouldnt be suprised..

no but i just find the whole idea of fas supplying free 3 day workers to the drugs task force a little much but i shouldnt be suprised..

Drugs Task Forces were set up the 1990s as responses to drugs problems in the country.They work in conjunction with state and voluntary agencies.

The idea behind them is to bring an umbrella process or a response to drugs problems in Irish society.

I think there is nine drugs task forces involved with about 250 groups.

I dont work for a drugs task force, I work for a charity.

I work , get a wage and structured training.

''I work , get a wage and structured training. ''

are you advertisting for fas maybe :confused:

wages arent arent too great :D

what is it now about 20 above the dole is what you get now is it?

I work , get a wage and structured training.

No, every single post I,ve made , you picked at , disputed , argued over

yet if you actually think about it , if I was making up fairy tales they would amongst the most bizarre and detailed that have ever been posted on AH .

I get paid every single week , expenses paid, in house and external training and educational opportunities from scholarships if I meet criteria.

• Advertisement

wages at fas arent too great :D

Have a guess what I earn

wages at fas arent too great :D

You,ve tried everything, now you,re showing your arrogance by sneering.FAS doesn't pay CE workers.

how much do you get paid?
    when i was on mine i got 220

Im married and have kids , so I get an allowance for them and my wife.All travel is paid for too ,

so how much is that then?

so let me get this straight you work for a charity as a fas worker,you get all travel paid for yourself and your family?

something smells funny or is it BS..

as a former ce worker(worked 2 years) i have never heard of that in my life

ah ok ur not a fas worker :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

something smells funny or is it BS..

as a former ce worker(worked 2 years) i have never heard of that in my life

Tbh I had a look over the last few pages of this thread and the BS is you being involved with FAS/CE or else you were and were very bad at it, as you seem to know very little about it. Mattjack provides you with comprehensive and detailed answers every time yet you relentlessly troll and troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

It boggles the mind why anybody would OUTRIGHTLY DEFEND A FREE LABOUR EXPLOITATION SCHEME..

Apologies if I am confused, but isn't a CE scheme like the scheme where you do something in the community like be a caretaker for your loacal school or club.

And it's not free labour. The people get paid for doing them. If you ae referring to the fact that you might not get much more than on the dole, then please remember that the purpose of the dole is to tide you over until you can find a job. That's the purpose behind it. i'm not saying it's easy to get off it, I'm just saying that that is what it is for.
    If I was unemployed for a while, I think I'd get at least some satisfaction from doing something constructive. So what if I was only getting a few quid more a week.

Think how much better the country would be if all the people who were on the dole, used that time to give back to the community! Getting involved in tidy-towns, supervising after school activities for kids etc. You'll say that this should not be done because you think it's stealing someone's job. But it's not. There are hundreds of people doing this stuff around the country voluntarily anyway. They provide immense services that wouldn't be provided otherwise.

I've met graduates from some of the best colleges in the world who are willing to go to "intern" for free for months at top companies. Top companies who are extremely wealthy. There the interns answer phones/make tea/do photocopying. But the positions are extremely sought after and hard won because the exposure to the real-life working environment gets them on the ladder. Even though they are doing almost menial tasks. Don't knock any work experience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Thread title, must you remind me of this every stinking day? .. thread title. outside. now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

It was an opinion kid. But seriously, you shouldn't post it

as they say, opinions are like ar$esholes.

Here's the link to the video (TV3 has annoying ads on before the programme starts and you can fastforward)
    Fastforward to about 13:30

http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=45726&locID=1.65.169&page=3

In fairness the girl mentioned some courses she had done but the interview went something like

Vincent Browne: How long have you been out of work?
    Woman: about two years. I had to leave to have me kids. I had two kids.
    VB: What type of a job are you looking for
    W: A full time job
    VB: Doing what
    W: (mumbling) Administration..., supervising
    VB: What's your experience in that kind of job
    W: I've got great experience from working at Busy Bees. I've done a payroll course, communications courses, I've done Facebook through business and stuff like that so I've got great experience
    WB: When does your CE scheme end
    W: I'll be finished in May, that'll be me second year in May

Notwithstanding that fact that this woman seems to have made a terrible mistake by leaving her job in Feb 2010 to have her kids, she then went on a scheme no more than 3 months later. She should have just taken her maternity leave ...... unless of course she is talking through her hole :rolleyes:
    (and I may be corrected, but I thought that if you were on a scheme, and then needed time to go on a course, the clock stopped for your two years, which would mean that she started her CE scheme earlier than May 2010 for it to be running out now.

Anyway, the basic tenet of this post is why is this woman aiming to be a supervisor. And she doesn't even mention an industry. Not a creche supervisor, not a security supervisor, not a helpdesk supervisor, or a supermarket supervisor. Just a supervisor . How fu$%ing arrogant to you have to be to want to go straight into a job as a supervisor/manager in a random industry with nothing obvious to back that up other than her own deluded sense of importance! It begs the question, what type of people does she want to supervise!!

Oh and Tara Whispering Banister, just don't press on the link if you don't want to watch it. You strike me as quite the "opinion" . Simple as that. You don't own the internet.

Advertisement