Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did anyone see this ...about 7/7 bombings

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

What exactly is his point?

Government use media for their own use? Shock Horror!
    Prepared Emergency Plan? That's the point of a plan.
    Mock anti-terror drill? If Terrorists can think it so can emergency responders.
    Bomb on a bus! - Jeeze - how come we didn't think of that!
    Bomb on a tube - now how come we didn't consider that!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

His views on Ian Mckellan and star wars are completely irrelevant to any facts/inferences presented/made in the film.

But completly relevent to his credibility, really why would anyone pay attention to what this guy says...

My knowledge or lack of knowledge about Muad Dib or anyone/anything else is irrelevant to what is a fallacy. Your ad-hom's against the filmaker were fallacies. There is no two ways about it.

Again you have stated that you "really don't know anything about the man" so you are in no position to comment on any errors in my reasoning. You have admitted ignorance of the issue, your opinion is worthless.

No. They are irrelevant to the film and the facts presented therein.

No, I am saying that if you reach a conclusion based on pre-conceived notions, as you freely admitted to then your conclusion is biased and essentially worthless.

Are you serious? everyone has preconcieved notions about everything! Its called life.

Answer this - are you saying you have no preconcieved notions about anything?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

It would not refute the theory, as I agreed. But it would probably mean that the theory that Darwin actually came up with was that animals were descended from alien biscuits. What we know as 'Darwin's theory' would have been discovered by someone sane.

Right, but my only point is that nothing that Darwin believed, even if he later became a Creationist renders his theory false. Likewise, none of Muad Dib's religious beliefs effects the truth or otherwise of his 7/7 film. Unless they can be demonstrated to be intertwined.

Nobody has shown this to be the case but jumped in with ad-hominen attacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Unless they can be demonstrated to be intertwined.
    Fair point - but they are. His world-view is completely nuts, and this is just another facet of that twisted world-view. If you feel like a trip into insanity, spend an hour on his site reading - say - five or six of his beliefs/CTs/theories. The 7/7 one fits in very comfortably with the rest.

King Mob wrote: »
    From what I have read, it's the same stuff he used to conclude that Star Wars is real, thus making it suspect.
    From what you have READ???
    It's a film. Have you not even watched it???
    It's not ad-hom attack, it's simply a fact.
    You discount any offical sources because they are offical, that's it.
    Well that's crap for a start. I'd be surprised if I don't link to more "official sources" than anyone else in the forum.
    It's no different to what you are saying we shouldn't be doing.
    Being a skeptic is fun!
    http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/ad-hominem-tu-quoque.html

And lest you forget, I am the kook here, surely you have higher standards???
    Except that they guy you are defending is presenting very very silly claims.
    I am not defending him. I am defending logic :D

become-a-skeptic-hero-198.jpg

• Advertisement

Fair point - but they are. His world-view is completely nuts, and this is just another facet of that twisted world-view. If you feel like a trip into insanity, spend an hour on his site reading - say - five or six of his beliefs/CTs/theories. The 7/7 one fits in very comfortably with the rest.
    OK. But I watched his film years ago. I had no idea who he was at the time and no idea after, other than he was a mildly spoken North of England gentleman. I don't actually remember him bringing attention to himself in any way, or pushing any agenda beyond the supposed inconsistencies in the official 7/7 narrative. Though viewed with the benefit of hindsight I could concieivably reconsider.

Can we be sure he even held these same views he now holds in 2007? On Star Wars etc...

But completly relevent to his credibility, really why would anyone pay attention to what this guy says...
    I am not claiming he is credible but that it is wrong to assume that because a person gets claim X wrong that claim Y is de-facto wrong also.
    Again you have stated that you "really don't know anything about the man" so you are in no position to comment on any errors in my reasoning. You have admitted ignorance of the issue, your opinion is worthless.
    I am in a position to comment on errors in your reasoning if you make errors in your reasoning. You seem to have taken it personally. I apologise if that's the case.
    Are you serious? everyone has preconcieved notions about everything! Its called life.
    Of course. However, to try to find the truth we should at least try to avoid it, right? You have intentionally opted-in to bias before witnessing the evidence.
    Answer this - are you saying you have no preconcieved notions about anything?
    Like I said, yes (edit:meant no). I am human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

OK. But I watched his film years ago. I had no idea who he was at the time and no idea after, other than he was a mildly spoken North of England gentleman. I don't actually remember him bringing attention to himself in any way, or pushing any agenda beyond the supposed inconsistencies in the official 7/7 narrative. Though viewed with the benefit of hindsight I could concieivably reconsider.

Can we be sure he even held these same views he now holds in 2007? On Star Wars etc...

was there a thread about his arrest on here can anyone remember if this star wars / kill gays /etc came up

enno99 wrote: »
    was there a thread about his arrest on here can anyone remember if this star wars / kill gays /etc came up

yep
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59434074

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056563012

Probably more as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,223 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

From what you have READ???
    It's a film. Have you not even watched it???
    Because there is plenty of information about what the film is about both on his site and on this thread. From what i've read about the film and the fact that his logic leads him to believe very silly things, I don't see why I should waste my time any more that you should to check whether his Star Wars nonsense is true.
    Well that's crap for a start. I'd be surprised if I don't link to more "official sources" than anyone else in the forum.
    Lol.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Mexican stand-off - no one will watch the video

You can count me the hell out, last Muad'Dib video two weeks ago I almost had a brain aneurysm

Because there is plenty of information about what the film is about both on his site and on this thread.
    Correction, there is nothing on this thread regarding the content of the film. However, I did check the site and I hadn't realised that there was a transcript.
    From this I learned that in the entire film transcrpt there is:
    1. No mention of "Jesus"
    2. No mention of "Jew"
    3. No mention of Hitler
    4. No mention of "Star Wars"
    5. No mention of "gay"
    6. No mention of "homosexual"
    7. No mention of "McKellan"

So what exactly do you have a problem with?
    From what i've read about the film and the fact that his logic leads him to believe very silly things, I don't see why I should waste my time any more that you should to check whether his Star Wars nonsense is true.
    Well you should at least watch the film or not comment considering that it is the topic of conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

Please note: Due to having to avoid the "Mark of the Beast" we now
    only accept cash.

http://jahtruth.net/wayintro.htm

nearly choked with laughing when I read that

• Registered Users Posts: 25,223 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Correction, there is nothing on this thread regarding the content of the film. However, I did check the site and I hadn't realised that there was a transcript.
    From this I learned that in the entire film transcrpt there is:
    1. No mention of "Jesus"
    2. No mention of "Jew"
    3. No mention of Hitler
    4. No mention of "Star Wars"
    5. No mention of "gay"
    6. No mention of "homosexual"
    7. No mention of "McKellan"

So what exactly do you have a problem with?
    I don't have a problem with it per se.
    I do find his views hilariously bigoted and silly. And that's why I and most reasonable people don't take him seriously.
    Well you should at least watch the film or not comment considering that it is the topic of conversation.
    But why? You seem to have no issue dismissing his views on Star Wars without even looking into it?
    Why is it a problem to bring up the fact that this guy doesn't exactly think straight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

The guy is a nut job - find quite a lot of what he said in the film and what he has written a bit questionable. It's a bit like adding 2 plus 2 and getting 3.9 - just not quite there!

And as for seeing patterns - I used to see patterns that nobody else did but then I stopped taking acid and that went away ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Mexican stand-off - no one will watch the video
    I watched some or all of it a year or two back - I think there was a thread here where I pointed out some of the rather strange assumptions and leaps of logic the video made.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

I am in a position to comment on errors in your reasoning if you make errors in your reasoning. You seem to have taken it personally. I apologise if that's the case.

You have stated that you have no knowledge of the man, by your own admission you do not know the facts so any comments you made were form an uninformed position, no need to apologise no offence was caused.
    Of course. However, to try to find the truth we should at least try to avoid it, right? You have intentionally opted-in to bias before witnessing the evidence.

Like I said, yes (edit:meant no). I am human.

Stating that someone feeling that a source lacks credibiity makes any opinions they have worthless or that having preconceived notions render opinions worthless while saying that you like everyone else have preconceived notions ... well lets be honest if that was the case we might as well shut down the internet.

As for "intentionally opted-in to bias before witnessing the evidence" come on be serious, are you saying you could read the Daily mail with no bias?

Ever if you could it would be a terrible idea, the credibility of a source of information should be considered before anything else imho, otherwise you will spend a lot of time being conned.

The honest truth is that a crackpot old man made a video that if watched in isolation asks some questions but when looked at in the bigger picture I feel most people would see it for what it is, one more part of a crackpots sad ravings.

Advertisement