Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardai on camera

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 matty985

Positive PR all round haha...:L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

I feel motion sickness after watching that.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Corruptable

I feel motion sickness after watching that.
    Are you on your oath here tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭An Udaras

Seems this situation exploded very fast.. But to be fair to the members you can not hear their audio and we do not know the history to the individual involved who has been stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭mattser

This crap has run its course. Wind it up NOW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Corruptable

It's things like this that put me off being wanting to be a guard. I do feel sorry for those members that don't like being put in that position and probably do share the same opinions as the protesters.

I'm not a Garda either so I can see where you're coming from, however, if you were to become a Garda the position is that you have to maintain the law without fear nor favour. In theory at least, it would require leaving aside your personal views when on duty and following all lawful (not freeman "lawful") orders.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

mattser wrote: »
    This crap has run its course. Wind it up NOW.

Warning issued for this post, so no comment on this, or any related posts that have been made. Keep it on-topic or don't post at all. Moderators moderate the forum.

Back on topic please and thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

I am glad this thread is about Gardai on Camera not just another car-v-bike agro.:rolleyes:

can someone point out the motors forum or cycling forum. This is the emergency services one here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

SerialComplaint and Aleksmart.

This thread is about Gardai on Camera, videos relating to Gardai.

The man pictured on the video is 100% not a Garda so that video and all related posts are off topic.

Please take your conversation to pm. I am going to delete all off topic posts so if you wish to keep your posts for yer pm's start copying and pasting now.

Thread locked until I can clean it up

Turner

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

All posts in relation to that stupid video which was posted on youtube supposedly depicting an off duty Garda cutting up a cyclist and then using his shirt collar to exert authority, have been removed.

That driver is not an off duty Garda, he simply likes dark blue shirts.

There is to be no more discussion on that video in this thread. This thread is for videos relating to Gardai on Camera.

And to get the ball rolling.....

He is more from the wonderful "Freemen of Ireland" when stopped by two Gardai in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

An Udaras wrote: »
    Seems this situation exploded very fast.. But to be fair to the members you can not hear their audio and we do not know the history to the individual involved who has been stopped.

What situation seems like a boring day in Mayo from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭source

Turner wrote: »

He is more from the wonderful "Freemen of Ireland" when stopped by two Gardai in Dublin.

video

So he's a freeman, who doesn't believe in statute, but yet asks the Garda to quote Section 16 of the Garda Siochana Act 2005???

Contradiction much?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

God help the gardai -- As the "freemen" groups grow and the videos spread, you guys will hear more and more of that nonsense.

source wrote: »
    So he's a freeman, who doesn't believe in statute, but yet asks the Garda to quote Section 16 of the Garda Siochana Act 2005???

Contradiction much?

Most of what the "freemen" say makes much sense one way or another. It mostly amounts to making up legal nonsense to confuse them self and at least slow down others.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

POGAN wrote: »

Oops., White van man may be in trouble...

Oops., White van man may be in trouble.

Cant get the video to work on boards:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Cant get the video to work on boards:(

I've it edited for you.

When on youtube only take out the numbers/letters after the "=" and then embed using the "YouTube" icon in the post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Id have told the guy to fcuk off and stop wasting my time.the driver had no obligation to show this environmental lad anything.

Hooch wrote: »
    I've it edited for you.

When on youtube only take out the numbers/letters after the "=" and then embed using the "YouTube" icon in the post

Thanks very much hooch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,386 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Id have told the guy to fcuk off and stop wasting my time.the driver had no obligation to show this environmental lad anything.

As the Tayto add says "there's always one".
    If you are doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear. The man is only trying to keep the countryside clean and free from feckers dumping their rubbish on public roadsides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

As the Tayto add says "there's always one".
    If you are doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear. The man is only trying to keep the countryside clean and free from feckers dumping their rubbish on public roadsides.
    "If you are doing nothing wrong" indeed Tayto. stopping lads at a checkpoint will hardly stop that now Tayto.Flytippers would be working while this lad is snoring.
    Of course he's only doing a job,but he is also just wasting peoples time to satisfy his or his bosses targets for the day.i guess he would say"if we only catch 1 guy transporting waste without a permit,then it would be worth it":cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,386 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

"If you are doing nothing wrong" indeed Tayto. stopping lads at a checkpoint will hardly stop that now Tayto.Flytippers would be working while this lad is snoring.
    Of course he's only doing a job,but he is also just wasting peoples time to satisfy his or his bosses targets for the day.i guess he would say"if we only catch 1 guy transporting waste without a permit,then it would be worth it":cool:

At least we know they are out there trying to catch those flytippers. It might just scare them and can do no harm.

D'ye think?
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1996/en/act/pub/0010/sec0014.html#sec14
    14.—(1) An authorised person may, for any purpose connected with this Act—

(a) at all reasonable times, or at any time if he or she has reasonable grounds for believing that there may be a risk of environmental pollution arising from the carrying on of an activity at the premises or that such pollution is occurring, enter any premises and bring thereon such other persons (including members of the Garda Síochána) or equipment as he or she may consider necessary for the purpose, and

(b) at any time halt and board any vehicle and require the driver of the vehicle to take it to a place designated by the authorised person, and such a vehicle may be detained at that place by the authorised person for such period as he or she may consider necessary for the purpose

“authorised person” means a person who is appointed in writing by the Minister, a local authority, the Agency* or such other person as may be prescribed to be an authorised person for the purposes of this Act or any Part or section thereof;

(6) Any person who—

(a) refuses to allow an authorised person to enter any premises or board any vehicle or to take any person or equipment with him or her in the exercise of his or her powers under this section,

(b) obstructs or impedes an authorised person in the exercise of any of his or her powers under this section,

(c) gives either to an authorised person, a relevant local authority or the Agency, information which to his or her knowledge is false or misleading in a material respect, or

(d) fails or refuses to comply with any requirement of this section or of an authorised person,

shall be guilty of an offence.

just heard on the news occupy dame street, or dopes with nothing better to do, have been cleared from the central bank. Expect plenty of videos later today.

foreign wrote: »
    just heard on the news occupy dame street, or dopes with nothing better to do, have been cleared from the central bank. Expect plenty of videos later today.
    Love that comment :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Im not sure where the "bomb squad" are hiding but you'll see the diving section of the water unit at work in this video....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

foreign wrote: »

Speaking of this, I'd be curious as to a Garda's opinion on why it takes 100 police officers to eject 10-15 hippies from a cardboard house.

I'd also be interested in an estimate on how much it costs the Irish taxpayer to have 100 gardaí blocking off a central city street for several hours in the middle of the night (presumably lots of overtime?) if anyone has any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭bluetop

FruitLover wrote: »
    Speaking of this, I'd be curious as to a Garda's opinion on why it takes 100 police officers to eject 10-15 hippies from a cardboard house.

I'd also be interested in an estimate on how much it costs the Irish taxpayer to have 100 gardaí blocking off a central city street for several hours in the middle of the night (presumably lots of overtime?) if anyone has any ideas.

What exactly has this to do with this topic, this topic says Gardai on camera, not a questions and answers topic, post also reported for been off topic !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

bluetop wrote: »
    What exactly has this to do with this topic, this topic says Gardai on camera, not a questions and answers topic, post also reported for been off topic !!
    watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement