Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filmon = free tv on your PC!

• 12-02-2013 10:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.filmon.com/

I got the Windows 8 app installed and this FREE service is superb! :D
    No Irish channels as yet, but they are adding channels all the time....I emailed them and they said discussions with Irish channels are taking place.

But it has loads on UK channels, terrestrial and satellite/cable types. hundread of others from around the world. It can be installed on W7/Vista too.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I find the sound quality is rather "tinny", although it's not bothersome enough to put me off using it. Though there are heaps of channels the UK ones are really the only ones worth bothering about. Still, interesting to know that they're working on adding more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

There is an Android app too - Richard dower, a TV afficionado such as yourself, I'm surprised you haven't heard of this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Can use Aertv.e for the Irish channels, works on mobiles/tablets too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Dman001 wrote: »

ah...good lad! ;)

There is an Android app too - Richard dower, a TV afficionado such as yourself, I'm surprised you haven't heard of this before.

:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Dman001 wrote: »
    Looks like it can only be used in Ireland..... or through a proxy, which is sh¡te for video streaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

RTE won't be available on it, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Most of the UK channels have now been removed as of yesterday, it seems, as were many other channels... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

As a result of some law/directive from Europe. The fuppers.

^ cheers lads...I just spotted all the missing channels :(

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

byrnefm wrote: »
    Most of the UK channels have now been removed as of yesterday, it seems, as were many other channels... :(
    As a result of some law/directive from Europe. The fuppers.

Oh yeah, they wouldn't want the citizens watching free tv for free, now would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Not telling us anything new here OP! but you're right, It's a superb service

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

byrnefm wrote: »

Seems to be working fine again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Have a read of this thread in the Android forum about XBMC:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056897650

You can setup XBMC on your phone and your pc, not only is it the best media player out there but it can take all these Filmon, Aertv, RTE player, TV3 player, 4od, BBC iPlayer and a million others and handle them flawlessly all in one place, it's the perfect media centre solution and it can automatically get around georestrictions. You can even add emulators for every console up to the PSone to it aswell.

Advertisement