Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canterbury Base Layer Cold @ Elverys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

mtdelany wrote: »
    Decided to walk to my local elverys in town to see if i could save on postage/ get instantly. none in store. Came back from lunch and they were all taken down:eek:

On the plus side i did get a ccc baselayer for the kid so not all in vein. €11.60 for a Jr M in Black,

Still have a couple in Arnotts. Mainly kids but some adults

SKINS are also reduced by 70% - also kids sizes

There was heaps of them when I was in store on Friday evening. Obviously a great deal and they went quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭chazlan

Just out in Fonthill and no mens remaining, still have done kids sizes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Hmm, sold out online. It always surprises me that there's no Elverys anywhere near Cork city. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Just picked up 2 Large long sleeve ones in Elvery's on Suffolk St. Still had a good bit of stock left.

Cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Got last of the baselayer cold shorts in Drogheda. No tops left. Got a pair of the cold gloves for 10e! Cheers OP!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Got a mail from them about an hour ago about my order.
    Unfortunately this item is not available in our central warehouse so it will have to be transferred back from our high street shop due to this it may take a couple of days extra to deliver.

Me thinks the may not be able to fulfil all the orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

Unfortunately this item is not available in our central warehouse so it will have to be transferred back from our high street shop due to this it may take a couple of days extra to deliver.

Me thinks the may not be able to fulfil all the orders.[/Quote]

I wouldn't worry about that I got the same message for my last 2 orders and they were fulfilled, took over a week for delivery though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭djdunny

daveyjoe wrote: »
    Hmm, sold out online. It always surprises me that there's no Elverys anywhere near Cork city. :(

That's because Cork is probably the only place left where the independent retailer has managed to keep a stronghold in the market, I was down there for Valentines (I'm from limerick) and I have to admit Mahers & Finns Corner really impressed me.

It's prob because of these store that Elverys haven't made the decision to set up shop in Cork city.

Sorry for going off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Schorpio

djdunny wrote: »
    That's because Cork is probably the only place left where the independent retailer has managed to keep a stronghold in the market, I was down there for Valentines (I'm from limerick) and I have to admit Mahers & Finns Corner really impressed me.

It's prob because of these store that Elverys haven't made the decision to set up shop in Cork city.

Sorry for going off topic.

I thought Mahers = Elverys, no? Or did I just make that up in my head years ago?!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

couple of baselayers back on on elverys.ie @70%

87210finaleffect.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭budhabob

mtdelany wrote: »
    couple of baselayers back on on elverys.ie @70%

87210finaleffect.jpg

All small unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hi All

I got an email regarding my order.

You recently placed an order with Elverys for:

2 x Canterbury Essentials Cold Men's Long Sleeve Baselayer T-Shirt Navy
    2 x Canterbury Essentials Cold Men's Long Sleeve Baselayer Top White

Unfortunately this item is not available in our central warehouse so it will have to be transferred back from our high street shop due to this it may take a couple of days extra to deliver. However, we will contact you as soon as we have this item dispatched.

I hope they can fulfill my order :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Invincible

I got a similar email from them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Hi All

I got an email regarding my order.

You recently placed an order with Elverys for:

2 x Canterbury Essentials Cold Men's Long Sleeve Baselayer T-Shirt Navy
    2 x Canterbury Essentials Cold Men's Long Sleeve Baselayer Top White

Unfortunately this item is not available in our central warehouse so it will have to be transferred back from our high street shop due to this it may take a couple of days extra to deliver. However, we will contact you as soon as we have this item dispatched.

I hope they can fulfill my order :)

I wouldn't worry about that I got the same message for my last 2 orders and they were fulfilled, took over a week for delivery though

I should have read the thread 1st before posting :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

i got the same emails for different items and they were cancelled. from the emails i got apologizing it seems they are not too quick to update online stock levels i.e. XL base layer is shown in stock online but someone buys it in store thus putting it out of stock but online does not reflect this and you then get this email !! quite annoying and has happened a few times with elverys.ie on me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭jpb1974

From my own personal experiences of Elverys -

In-store they have some of the most helpful and friendly staff around.

Online they are a total and utter disaster. Last time I ordered from them it took 2 weeks before the items were shipped. Living and buying in Ireland you'd expect to have your stuff in 24-48 hours.

I picked up 2 base layers for my young lad in Gorey, Co. Wexford today. I sent them an email requesting that they cancel the online order I placed on Sunday... simply because I can do without the hassle/wait. Murphy's Law tells me I might end up receiving it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just got the email, I dont mind a delay but I'll be p***ed if its cancelled :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Thanks OP - just ordered the small top - will help with the shooting when it's bitterly cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

anybody got their shipped yet?? my order status is "Being Picked"

Mine says the same

I emailed them yesterday to ask was it delayed or cancelled, they replied today saying it was a delay, the goods were being sent from a shop to the warehouse then onto me as there was no stock available in the warehouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    anybody got their shipped yet?? my order status is "Being Picked"

being picked means the warehouse has requested the product from the shop, I wouldn't be confident of getting it.

someone sends e-mails to the different shops asking do they have the item after you have paid for the item.

its a bad system because the staff in shops are judged on what they sell in their shops so sending something thats in demand back to the warehouse will never be top of their priorities

damm .. thanks for the replies, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mickey1985

Anybody got their shipped yet?

Nope .. Still "being picked"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭jpb1974

The last time I ordered from them they had to recall the items from a store... 2 weeks before the items shipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Mine was dispatched today according to a mail I got earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

i had a mail 3 days ago to say a pair of astro trainers were dispatched still waiting on delivery not exactly fast !! ive had amazon purchases delivered quicker from the UK.

haven't got the email yet .. but checked the order online and it says it was dispatched .. which is a change from this morning!

update: -- sorry email was in the junk folder

Mine is still being picked :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Got on 'order dispatched' email this afternoon
    Thank you for your Internet order. The following items have been dispatched to you:    

1 x Canterbury Essentials Cold Men's Long Sleeve Baselayer T-Shirt Navy

Advertisement