Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mamof2

Just ordered two, thanks op. Received an email from mcbub asking which way I want them delivered ie ups, dhl or ems. Could someone let me know how theirs was delivered? Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Mamof2 wrote: »
    Just ordered two, thanks op. Received an email from mcbub asking which way I want them delivered ie ups, dhl or ems. Could someone let me know how theirs was delivered? Many thanks
    Get ems otherwise you ll get stung with higher processing fee by the courier companies

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mamof2

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't have a clue about that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Hi All,

just wondering from the ones who got stuff already, do any of you have problems regarding the language settings and apps? Also, dowloading apps, do you get option in the stores or is it only giving you Chinese options?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    Hi All,

just wondering from the ones who got stuff already, do any of you have problems regarding the language settings and apps? Also, dowloading apps, do you get option in the stores or is it only giving you Chinese options?

No, it behaves exactly as a local device. I had to set the local language, so I could change the timezone, but it downloads from Play as you'd expect.

I did notice one or two apps I use were unavailable, and when I go to the Play website and try to install from there, it shows up as incompatible with my device. This is more likely an issue with the app build settings than the device itself, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Guys

At what stage does the tracking number show up either in hong kong or an post.
    Mine was marked as shipped per mcbub but hk and an post show nothing for tracking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Guys

At what stage does the tracking number show up either in hong kong or an post.
    Mine was marked as shipped per mcbub but hk and an post show nothing for tracking

mine never showed up anywhere online but just arrived one day

Mine was similar. By the time it showed up, it was "out for delivery" on An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

Can someone who bought the tablet tell me if it would be suitable for the following

* running powerpoint,word documents, pdf and epub format
    * running flv videos that have been downloaded or online such as khan academy
    * light web browsing

I want to use it as a replacement for printer, read the notes and material for college and then make my own notes from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭championc

ronano wrote: »
    Can someone who bought the tablet tell me if it would be suitable for the following

* running powerpoint,word documents, pdf and epub format
    * running flv videos that have been downloaded or online such as khan academy
    * light web browsing

I want to use it as a replacement for printer, read the notes and material for college and then make my own notes from them.

You'd be best with a 10"

Sofar ME3000 Battery Storage Inverter for sale in Ballinteer, Sth. Dublin - see Adverts.ie - https://www.adverts.ie/other-electronics/solar-sofar-me3000-battery-storage-inverter/32914042 or PM me

• Advertisement

I started using this for netflix, but it craps out after about ten minutes, just pauses like its buffering. when I go back to tht homepage and click resume it runs again for a few mins then stops again. repeat a few times until it lasts a few seconds..

is this a memory issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

It cant be a processing issue as it processes fine for 10-20 minutes before crapping out. the processor cant be the bottleneck or it wouldnt play properly at all.

ram not enough? caches not clearing? overheating? if I can make it run netflix well then it might put me the whole way off buying a nexus 7

mawk wrote: »
    It cant be a processing issue as it processes fine for 10-20 minutes before crapping out. the processor cant be the bottleneck or it wouldnt play properly at all.

ram not enough? caches not clearing? overheating? if I can make it run netflix well then it might put me the whole way off buying a nexus 7

Agreed. It's bound to be a memory leak of some description. It might be possible to monitor leaks over ADB. I have connected to the device over ADB, but not done anything more than a little investigation of filesystems and such.

I am considering installing CM9, which should provide much better control over resource usage.

gerryk wrote: »
    Agreed. It's bound to be a memory leak of some description. It might be possible to monitor leaks over ADB. I have connected to the device over ADB, but not done anything more than a little investigation of filesystems and such.

I am considering installing CM9, which should provide much better control over resource usage.

I havent heard of anyone dropping a custom rom on this, any link?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,123 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Are you sure that the screen is compatable with this ROM?

Which ROM? I have linked at least 2.
    In short, I am not sure about anything, but signs point to a strong possibility that I will be able to get CM9 and CWM working on this tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi Folks

anyone seen any good deals on aurora II

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Zerks, you get your machine yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

vicwatson wrote: »

Not yet,expecting it any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Item sent to customs 15th aug.

Anyone know what's the next step and turnaround for this?

@howardmarks which customs? If it's Dublin, email dmc@revenue.ie with the paypal invoice, your An Post tracking ref, and your postal address.
    Otherwise, you'll be waiting for them to post a letter to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Just got my package today.
    Arrived in Ireland on 30July. I got a letter from customs on 31st July asking to declare value.
    I emailed according to instructions with paypal receipt.
    2 weeks later no reply or package
    I called anpost, who put me onto customs who claim no receipt of email.
    I told em 60.75EUR value which yielded 19.75EUR charges.. quite alot I thought.

I'm happy with the device.. I have/had 2 issues.
    1) Touchscreen didn't work well on first boot, was acting randomly. Reboot fixed it
    2) Doesn't seem to connect to WPA networks easily..

Otherwise I'm happy with it.
    Thanks OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

harryd2 wrote: »
    Just got my package today.
    Arrived in Ireland on 30July. I got a letter from customs on 31st July asking to declare value.
    I emailed according to instructions with paypal receipt.
    2 weeks later no reply or package
    I called anpost, who put me onto customs who claim no receipt of email.
    I told em 60.75EUR value which yielded 19.75EUR charges.. quite alot I thought.
    I'm happy with the device.. I have/had 2 issues.
    1) Touchscreen didn't work well on first boot, was acting randomly. Reboot fixed it
    2) Doesn't seem to connect to WPA networks easily.. Otherwise I'm happy with it.
    Thanks OP

6euro of that charge was An Post's extra handling fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

vicwatson wrote: »

It's in the country,got a text from my friend in NI who I used for delivery to avoid customs,I'll probably have my hands on it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Great thread guys, very informative - very keen on one purely for web browsing but thinking now I may hold out for a 'cheap' 10" tab instead as my eyesight is crap to begin with :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Anyone try the xbmc for android pre release?. Does it work?.

• Advertisement

Anyone try the xbmc for android pre release?. Does it work?.

Seemingly XBMC on Allwinner chips is not going to be happening any time soon.

Advertisement