Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revelations with Circle Pad Pro (pre-order!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Finished the demo last night, pretty damn cool! A little like RE4 to me, (which is my fav game!) but damn that was a short demo, only like 5/10 mins long?

That is the first demo for any system I have ever downloaded (I know, I'm getting a internet connection thingy for my xbox, in the post right now), are demos normally that short?

Cant wait to get my pre-order from zavvi now! Roll on 30th Jan.

And...

RE6 with Leon and Chris and Ada (and Ashley?) was confirmed yesterday for the 20th of November this year for xbox and ps3, nice year for RE fans!

Anyone getting Operation Raccoon City?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Finished the demo last night, pretty damn cool! A little like RE4 to me, (which is my fav game!) but damn that was a short demo, only like 5/10 mins long?

That is the first demo for any system I have ever downloaded (I know, I'm getting a internet connection thingy for my xbox, in the post right now), are demos normally that short?

Cant wait to get my pre-order from zavvi now! Roll on 30th Jan.

And...

RE6 with Leon and Chris and Ada (and Ashley?) was confirmed yesterday for the 20th of November this year for xbox and ps3, nice year for RE fans!

Anyone getting Operation Raccoon City?

from 3 games Racoon City is the one that i dislike with passion. when i sow it for the first time i lost all faith in RE franchise i was sure that it was a last nail in its coffin.

thought RE6 looks not bad, as long as it is SP game and 3ds one is really great. it feels like it is going back to its roots, but with updated things that were good in re4/re5 ( camera etc ).

capcom is doing something very weird and very new for gaming industry. 3 games from same franchise, but with different spin offs to please every single gamer. multiplayer fans - racoon city, action fans - RE6, horror fans -Revelations.

from 3 games Racoon City is the one that i dislike with passion. when i sow it for the first time i lost all faith in RE franchise i was sure that it was a last nail in its coffin.

thought RE6 looks not bad, as long as it is SP game and 3ds one is really great. it feels like it is going back to its roots, but with updated things that were good in re4/re5 ( camera etc ).

capcom is doing something very weird and very new for gaming industry. 3 games from same franchise, but with different spin offs to please every single gamer. multiplayer fans - racoon city, action fans - RE6, horror fans -Revelations.

TBH, I dont think I will be getting ORC when its out, seems like a lot of co-op online rubbish, which people like, but I dont, reason RE5 just didnt work with co-op only(sheva is beside you all the god damn time 'helping'), but at the same time a great great action game but much rather RE4 more so.

RE6 seems to have something for everyone next, single player and co-op if you want, 3 different storys in one game that cross over like in RE4 with Ada's story. I kinda have high hopes for RE6, am I wrong to think this :(

TBH, I dont think I will be getting ORC when its out, seems like a lot of co-op online rubbish, which people like, but I dont, reason RE5 just didnt work with co-op only(sheva is beside you all the god damn time 'helping'), but at the same time a great great action game but much rather RE4 more so.

RE6 seems to have something for everyone next, single player and co-op if you want, 3 different storys in one game that cross over like in RE4 with Ada's story. I kinda have high hopes for RE6, am I wrong to think this :(

single player or coop you say? re5 is impossible as SP game as sheeve is a ****ing retard! she is the reason i gave up on a game! i loved my RE games as awesome, poop your pants, horror survival SINGLEPLAYER games!

what was the first rule in proper horror survival game?

ISOLATION!

ah well, enough of RE5 rant :D

single player or coop you say? re5 is impossible as SP game as sheeve is a ****ing retard! she is the reason i gave up on a game! i loved my RE games as awesome, poop your pants, horror survival SINGLEPLAYER games!

what was the first rule in proper horror survival game?

ISOLATION!

ah well, enough of RE5 rant :D

Yeah its all very early days as trailer was just released yesterday with list of who is in it and you can make out whats going on from the trailer on IGN I guess.

Looks good to me! Hope its a case of SinglePlayer as in on your own with no partner and co-op you are with someone. I think Crapcom got the message with RE5. And its at night it seems, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

^ Pretty much what I think too! My face was literally this when I saw the zombie president:
    Awesome.png

So, got a 'Item Dispatched' email from Zavvi this morning! What are the chances of it making its way over here for Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

So, got a 'Item Dispatched' email from Zavvi this morning! What are the chances of it making its way over here for Friday?

Mine is dispatched as well, and was only charged £30 or so.

Never dealt with Zavvi, but people have said new games are usually delivered the next working day after release, so I'm guessing it'll be Monday. The email says "5-7" working days though, so could be the middle of next week!

Yeah thank christ they charged the lower price that was advertised on the 5th of Jan, instead of the new bumped up price from last week!

Yeah would be great to get it on Friday but I can wait until Monday for the sake of saving nearly €30!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Got my email too, relieved that they charged the original price (€35.95, plus €1.22 postage). Thanks again OP! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

no mail here, although I dithered over it for a while so I'm probably paying the price now...

Mine is dispatched too, I'll be happy if I get it before mid next week, can't beat paying £29.95 for it!

Motley Crue has already got his: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76715741#post76715741 Jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Nollog

25/01/12 ZAVVI.COM 35.45
    26/01/12 ZAVVI.COM 1.21

Dunno why they did that, they charged for the game, then made another charge for the postage.
    They usually take it in one go.

Yeah I noticed this this morning too. Weird, but its the total so, cant complain.

Wondering if anyone who ordered it has received it yet? Prob not.

i went to gamestop... came back with no game :(

45eu for game +19.99eu for that addon.... my ****.... :rolleyes:

i might try ordering online from somewhere...

Same with a few of my friend, when I heard about the zavvi deal, I told them all about it, none of them ordered it and now, now its like €65 for the game & CPP and most of them wont get it.

Some people..:rolleyes:

Still, wish I had it in my hands right now, but €37, cant go wrong! *smug face*
    i went to gamestop... came back with no game

45eu for game +19.99eu for that addon.... my ****....

Zavvi still have it for like €47 with the CPP I think, still saving a few quids.

EDIT: heres the link http://www.zavvi.com/10580591.html about €50 including post.

So, fellow Zavvites, what are *you* going to spend your (saved) €13 euro on? :smug

i went to gamestop... came back with no game :(

45eu for game +19.99eu for that addon.... my ****.... :rolleyes:

No CCP with it, but if you look on gamestop.ie it's €34.97. (+ €2 postage)
    http://www.gamestop.ie/core/common/default.aspx?product=%2039633

As mentioned above, if you want the CCP, then Zavvi still looks like the best bet.

Banjo wrote: »
    So, fellow Zavvites, what are *you* going to spend your (saved) €13 euro on? :smug

Totally getting locked tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

Have mine and can't wait to get out of work to play it now...
    For anyone with it and the CPP....what's it like and is the CPP worth it?

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote: »
    Have mine and can't wait to get out of work to play it now...
    For anyone with it and the CPP....what's it like and is the CPP worth it?

Where did you order from? Was it from Zavvi?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

To those who bought it - does the PAL version have the same mispelling on the spine as the US release?

Same with a few of my friend, when I heard about the zavvi deal, I told them all about it, none of them ordered it and now, now its like €65 for the game & CPP and most of them wont get it.

Some people..:rolleyes:

Zavvi still have it for like €47 with the CPP I think, still saving a few quids.

EDIT: heres the link http://www.zavvi.com/10580591.html about €50 including post.

well i checked in to this thread very late lol. so when i discovered it, it was already higher price. plus only few days ago i discovered that i want ps vita very badly as it is awesome piece of equipment, so i was wondering if i just put that money towards it and get the RE game later...

if it would be for 50eu in gamestop with that addon i might have taken it ( i am very bad when i see it! if i see it i need it! :D ). for 65eu i wont bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

Where did you order from? Was it from Zavvi?

Got it in a bricks'n'mortar - a fool and his money and all that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Nollog

I picked my gamestop pre-order up this morning.
    Finished the first "episode" without the cpp, it's a pretty damn good game.

Can't wait to get the cpp on Monday or Tuesday, hope it adds something to the gameplay because I am finding the controls a little stiff right now.
    o1s1n wrote: »
    To those who bought it - does the PAL version have the same mispelling on the spine as the US release?

No, and ours has a nice logo instead of plain text on the side.
    We're PRO like that here in Europe.
    Though, to be honest I was hoping for a mis-spelling one, that'll be worth a fortune in a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hey chaps, just FYI I was passing through Clonmel this afternoon and went into Tesco there on the outskirts to do some shopping. They had RE:R for about €32 (may have been €32.99). Hell of a lot cheaper than other B&M shops at the moment.

And yes, it was RE:R, not Mercenaries. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I went and cancelled by RE:R order with Zavvi when it was 37 for the game and circle pad after reading Edge's 6/10 review!
    Arse!
    After playing the demo I wanted it again but the price went up to 47.
    I picked it up in Smyths for 40 and I will get the circle pad in whatever deal Zavvi have for MGS3D, hopefully another 37 deal!

Just got my Zavvi ordered one in the post. No lenticular cover sadly, so the eye doesn't follow me around the room... Will have a blast of it at lunch time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Got mine as well. As much as I criticise the Circle Pad Pro, it does make the game controls a lot easier!

• Advertisement

Mr Postman, stop and see
    Is there a circle pad in your bag for me?

*sob*

It better arrive tomorrow, my 2nd entry to the 3DS Ltd Edition draw is counting on it...

Edit : LATE POST!
    Woooohoooooo
    Did anyone else get about 8 copies of the manual?

Advertisement