Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

youtube to mp3

• 18-05-2009 8:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

i have some audio downloads from youtube (not songs so i cant download them anywhere else) and want to transfer them to mp3 so i can put them on my ipod. is there any way of doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

whodoo wrote: »
    i have some audio downloads from youtube (not songs so i cant download them anywhere else) and want to transfer them to mp3 so i can put them on my ipod. is there any way of doing this?

AoA Audio Extractor:

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

i downloaded dvd videosoft, does a lot:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭markthedrum1

You need a video to audio converter. Think imovies does it. Final Cut definitely has it. If you look into iskysoft and just get the free trial one, sure it does the job for me.

Now I'm using mac, so I don't know if you're using windows is it compatible with windows. Also if you wanna download videos from youtube, copy url from youtube, paste it into the website www.keepvid.com and select download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

is downloading music of dvdvideosoft.com counted in eircoms 3 strikes of downloading music of limewire...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Youtube Downloader can download the vids and convert them to MP3 for ya.
    if you want to edit some parts out (like normal talk at the beginning/end), use Audacity and get the LAME MP3 encoder/decoder (can't remember which)
    not sure but can you drag and drop the video into Audacity, and it'll load the audio...?

whiteman19 wrote: »
    Youtube Downloader can download the vids and convert them to MP3 for ya.
    if you want to edit some parts out (like normal talk at the beginning/end), use Audacity and get the LAME MP3 encoder/decoder (can't remember which)
    not sure but can you drag and drop the video into Audacity, and it'll load the audio...?

thanks for that, just wondering though would using this be included in eircoms 3 strikes against downloading music......?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

nope it won't. you're not downloading music, just videos (in flv/mp4 format). eircom are doing the 3 strikes against torrent downloaders afaik. it doesn't count against youtube downloads, because by watching it online, it caches it on your computer, so you're not doing anything illegal :)
    nothing to fear. do this all ya want without eircom warning ya :)

whiteman19 wrote: »
    nope it won't. you're not downloading music, just videos (in flv/mp4 format). eircom are doing the 3 strikes against torrent downloaders afaik. it doesn't count against youtube downloads, because by watching it online, it caches it on your computer, so you're not doing anything illegal :)
    nothing to fear. do this all ya want without eircom warning ya :)

great:D thanks so much :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Wordmixheld

I allways use this YouTube to MP3 Converter, its free and very easy to use.

Advertisement