Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for party venue in city centre?

• 02-02-2005 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Am looking for a private room with bar or section of a bar for about 50 people for a party. Don't mind if a fee has to be paid (too much!). Any suggestions? Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

try slatterys on capel st i dont think they charge for their upstairs roomas far as i know its quite nice , modern , not smelly & clean etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

If your lookin for good atmosphere, traditonal pub venue, instead of a "function room", call Hairy Lemon (just off George's st. and 2 minute walk from St.Stephens green), upstairs you'll fit 50 people and have a private bar...don't think there's a fee, but you can pay for food to be provide it you want also..quality venue..had my birthday there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Downstairs in 'Grand Central' at the junction of O'Connell Street and Abbey Street (near Wynn's).
    When we asked before Christmas, there was no fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

Hi there,

I'm currently searching myself, so here some of the ones I've researched.

Russel Court Hotel on harcourt street. They don't charge for the room, but the smaller room is quite long and narrow and it can get quite hot in there.

The Harcourt Hotel. They charge 250 for the room, which is quite nice and has it's own bar

The Royal Dublin Hotel charges between 280 and 350 Euro for the rooms depending on the size.

In terms of pubs, you could also try Doyles or Chaplins (they have a very nice upstairs section)

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭irishboy99_

The Tap, North king st. holds approx 125 people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

had a college class party upstairs in doyles before, twas quite good.im not sure about the fee as it was organised for us. it has its own bar too. had another class party in messrs maguire too, there we had an "enclosure" of sorts upstairs. i thought the atmosphere there was quite good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭irishboy99_

don't go there actually

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭plenderj

Depends on the theme and aim of the party...
    Samsara's Mezz Bar, Cocoon, Lillies Member's Bar or Lillies Library...

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Spy on Fitzwilliam St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

plenderj wrote:
    Depends on the theme and aim of the party...
    Samsara's Mezz Bar, Cocoon, Lillies Member's Bar or Lillies Library...

All pretentious kips! Sorry but it had to be said. :rolleyes:

Try Messrs Maguires.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭plenderj

Urgh you ****ing peasant :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I'd rather be a peasant than a wannabe! :rolleyes: :p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 pexus1976

How about Doney & Nesbitts on Baggot Street. You can reserve the the bar upstairs. And the food is tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Upstairs in the Duke off Grafton Street is great. Own bar, central location, nice food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lu

Nostromo on Leeson Street - thats what they do!

www.nostromo.ie

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

t.p smiths?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

Looking for a venue for a crowd numbering about 30, mid 20's up. City centre, DJ with good tunes.
    Was thinking of Hogans, George St. or Dice bar, Smithfield. Any ideas on these places for a booze up with a crowd..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Looking for a venue for a crowd numbering about 30, mid 20's up. City centre, DJ with good tunes.
    Was thinking of Hogans, George St. or Dice bar, Smithfield. Any ideas on these places for a booze up with a crowd..

Dice bar might be a bit cosy for those numbers - doesn't really have huge floor space and if you aren't there early getting space/seating could be a major hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Upstair in Solas on wexford street would suit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Hai old thread, how you doin???
    Looking for something similar myself, but I am strugglin for idea's(i am sh*te at organising stuff). Was thinking upstairs in Anseo, not sure if they charge or not. Although some place closer to the city centre and you dont have would be preferable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

we are having our wedding party upstairs in the odeon on harcourt street but it might be too big for just a small crowd, it is free though and the finger food menus are brilliant...
    i would second doheny and nesbitts on baggot street, was there for a friends party and it was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fozz

Resurrecting again.
    So lots of venues here and they sound great but which would be the best for good music?
    As in, we start off playing some decent stuff and follow up later with decent dance hits, 80's etc to get the people moving!
    Any where you can play your own tunes or setup yer own DJ?
    Looking for a place for a bday where most people will be in their 30's and there will be 30+ people max.
    Want it to be cosy for that number but also have a dance later when we crank out the sounds (either our own or theirs).
    Finger food will do.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

Ha ha, was looking for the same myself recently and checking boards for a decent party venue. So now to help somebody else in the same situation!

In the end we settled for Pacino's on Suffolk Street. They have a downstairs room with a bar. Don't know the details of the pricing but we had finger food (really nice) AND we got to bring our own music. The only thing is a club starts upstairs at around 11pm so we were hearing their music instead of our own, but it was fine. The staff were lovely, the place just the perfect size for the 30 or so people we had. A few people stayed chatting into the wee hours of the morning and even though the barman had left to work upstairs, our party was left undisturbed.

The room has a 'wine cellar' look about it, a bit dark, but the candles on the tables gave it a nice atmosphere. We were also allowed to bring our own decorations.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fozz

Ha ha, was looking for the same myself recently and checking boards for a decent party venue. So now to help somebody else in the same situation!

In the end we settled for Pacino's on Suffolk Street. They have a downstairs room with a bar. Don't know the details of the pricing but we had finger food (really nice) AND we got to bring our own music. The only thing is a club starts upstairs at around 11pm so we were hearing their music instead of our own, but it was fine. The staff were lovely, the place just the perfect size for the 30 or so people we had. A few people stayed chatting into the wee hours of the morning and even though the barman had left to work upstairs, our party was left undisturbed.

The room has a 'wine cellar' look about it, a bit dark, but the candles on the tables gave it a nice atmosphere. We were also allowed to bring our own decorations.

Cheers for that and that was on the (very) short list but they are busy on the date we want doing Salsa dancing or some such....big shame as it does check all the boxes :(
    Appreciate the response all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Upstairs or downstairs in The Gingerman.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chancer60

Hi,

Try the Legal Eagle beside the Four Courts. They do free finger food and have a programmable music system which plays any style of music, 70's, 80's, 90's, slow medium or fast.. whatever you want. You can also plug in an ipod or use their cd decks, mics and mixer. They can section off the front of the bar so it's cosy for 30 - 40 people. Fri and sat night closing is 12.30 which allows people to stay til 1 am to finish drinks. Party will cost you nothing. Great for taxis too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DS2

Hi old thread, new query
    I need a venue for my 50th Birthday for 30 people max. Need a venue good atmosphere, not overrun with Saturday night revelers. Good music a bonus
    Craft beer, wines would be great. For early April. Something nice for the ladies and good beers for the lads. Private room or area would be the preference
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

DS2 wrote: »
    Hi old thread, new query
    I need a venue for my 50th Birthday for 30 people max. Need a venue good atmosphere, not overrun with Saturday night revelers. Good music a bonus
    Craft beer, wines would be great. For early April. Something nice for the ladies and good beers for the lads. Private room or area would be the preference
    Thanks

I'd recommend Against the Grain on Wexford Street but can't imagine they'd give over the top floor for a private party. Could try it, might get a few tables anyway.

That or J.W. Sweetmans on the quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DS2

Both are booked out, tried them
    But thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Upstairs at Brew Dock?

Advertisement