Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Lessons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 aisling95

Hi, I'm available to give piano lessons in County Cork, preferably in the Macroom/Bantry area, but I am willing to travel.
    I have completed my exams with RIAM from 1 to 8, and am young and enthusiastic. I have experience in teaching beginners and have a wide musical background.
    I can teach either classical or more contemporary music, whatever you prefer, and I can also help you to prepare for grade exams too!
    I am available for lessons over the summer or during term time as well, and I am happy to do discounts for groups of more than one, though I teach on a one-to-one basis.

PM me if you're interested or have any questions or you can email me at aiscron@hotmail.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Omega28

Hello

I'm looking for cheap piano/keyboard lessons in Dublin

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kazohin

Piano lessons are available in South Dublin for enthusiastic students in their home.
    My students are getting a very strong base of piano playing, always supported by theory. I love music, my lessons are fun and creative.
    I'm open minded about techniques, no absolute preference to finger or armweight technique .
    I can prepare students for ABRSM or RIAM exams piano and theory.

For absolute beginners I usually suggest at least 2 lessons a week to avoid early bad habits which can take months to eliminate. Although I see the students (or parents) still not choose this option, that's why I give the one extra lesson a week free in the first month for absolute beginners (it's good for both of us).

At the moment I'm doing my Teaching Diplom (A.R.I.A.M). (having already Grade 8 Piano and Theory with Honours).

The prices of my lessons:
    First consultation lesson is free.
    30 minutes lesson: 15 euro (I suggest so short lesson only for very young students)
    45 minutes lesson: 20 euro
    60 minutes lesson: 25 euro

If you would like to book lessons or if you have any further question don't hesitate to concact me:
    southdublinpiano@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Omega28

kazohin wrote: »
    Piano lessons are available in South Dublin for enthusiastic students in their home.
    My students are getting a very strong base of piano playing, always supported by theory. I love music, my lessons are fun and creative.
    I'm open minded about techniques, no absolute preference to finger or armweight technique .
    I can prepare students for ABRSM or RIAM exams piano and theory.

For absolute beginners I usually suggest at least 2 lessons a week to avoid early bad habits which can take months to eliminate. Although I see the students (or parents) still not choose this option, that's why I give the one extra lesson a week free in the first month for absolute beginners (it's good for both of us).

At the moment I'm doing my Teaching Diplom (A.R.I.A.M). (having already Grade 8 Piano and Theory with Honours).

The prices of my lessons:
    First consultation lesson is free.
    30 minutes lesson: 15 euro (I suggest so short lesson only for very young students)
    45 minutes lesson: 20 euro
    60 minutes lesson: 25 euro

If you would like to book lessons or if you have any further question don't hesitate to concact me:
    southdublinpiano@gmail.com

email sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kirm2

Violin lessons WANTED for complete beginner - Kilcock, Maynooth, Celbridge, Leixlip... Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Kirm2 wrote: »
    Violin lessons WANTED for complete beginner - Kilcock, Maynooth, Celbridge, Leixlip... Anyone?

At the beginning of the college year, you should drop into the music department in NUIM and they can usually point you in the rig direction. Or you might see students that have out up flyers offering to teach.

• Site Banned Posts: 2 PianoManni

Piano and music theory lessons available in Dublin.
    Lessons are suitable for all ages and all grades, from complete beginner to advanced.
    RIAM grades can be prepared both for piano and theory or lessons can just be for fun.
    Lessons are available in 30, 45 or 60 minute slots and can be taught in your home.

I have a BA and an MA in music and have several years performing and teaching experience in both Ireland and America.
    Young and creative teacher. Focuses on preparing fun lessons that will enhance musicianship skills including music literacy,
    listening skills, and performance ability.

PM if interested =)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Aera

hi people
    Im looking for piano teacher (including all theory and about) at student's home (2 boys, 11 years(got 2nd grade this year) and 15(got 5th garde this year), our teacher changed address and I got evening job, that the reason why Im looking for a teacher.

we are living in santry, dublin 9
    have digital piano

send PM please if you are interested

starting from middle of september
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AnitaOBrien

I am a music teacher from the Mullingar area with a B.Mus from NUI Maynooth and plenty of performance and teaching experience.

I give lessons in piano, Irish harp and music theory.

I enter students for RIAM exams and hold a concert at the end of the year which gives the students an opportunity to play their pieces for all their friends and family as well as get to know all the other young musicians.

If you are interested or want further info don't hesitate to contact me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ShiftyEyes

Subjects: Guitar lessons for students of all levels, beginners to advanced. Also preparation for the junior and leaving certificate exams/practicals, and music theory.
    Location: Ballincollig, Cork, but may travel to student's home.
    Contact Name: Michael
    Email: michaeljdcrowley@gmail.com

Send me an email/pm for more information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Nastik

Piano lessons in Dublin City with professional pianist and piano teacher, graduate of Prague Academy of Music. All ages and levels catered for- from beginners to professionals. Learn to play piano for pleasure or for examinations. www.pianolessonsindublin.ie Tel: 087 7596731

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Hi, Mature guy here (50) Played guitar for 40 years but had to stop due to arthritis but believe I can manage keyboards.

Looking to learn piano chords etc for accompanying myself singing folk and light rock songs. So no music reading needed.

I need someone good at being adaptable in how to achieve the best affect with minimum technical ability and then if I am capable, to move on up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lady Law

Hi everyone,

I'm offering piano lessons for beginners in classical music for RIAM exams or just for fun/recreation.
    September starting.
    All ages welcome.

Grange area in Limerick.

If interested please p.m me for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 noreen41

Hi. By any chance do you teach the assioated board aswell? I am looking for a new piano teach and I am getting worried now that I won't get one....I'm from grange myself. If you know anyone else from the Limerick couny area that teaches assioated board could you let me know. I would be very grateful. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 noreen41

Hi I am looking for a teacher in the Limerick county area if possible. I have been playing all my life and have completed many of exams but want to keep going and get better at my playing. I am with the assioated board. If anyone knows of a teacher please please let me know. I need to find one fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 carmcc

Lisa85 wrote: »
    Piano teacher (starting out) available to teach for all exam boards. Currently studying for diploma.
    Rates are 12euro per half hour and there are ten half hour lessons per term.

Located in Raheny, Dublin.

If interested send a pm and I will get back to you.
    Hi there, I know this is an old thread but i'm just checking if you are still offering piano lessons in the Raheny area? I'm keen to start my 6 year old daughter. If so could you advise of rates/times etc please. If not are you able to recommend anyone else locally?
    Many thanks
    Caroline

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lady Law

Hi, sorry I don't teach the associated board. Can't think of anyone at the min but I'f I do I will let you know. All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jenny Wang

Flute and Piano Lessons

Hi everyone,

I'm offering flute and piano lessons, and mainly for fun and recreation.
    Sepember starting.
    All ages welcome.

Grange area in Athlone,Co.westmeath

If you are interested, please PM me for more details. you can mail me as well, and my e-mail is 916946107@qq.com

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Corinthiangon

Hi everyone.
    I am offering piano and music theory lessons in the Santry, Swords, and D7 areas both for fun and for completely RIAM practicle and theory exams. Lessons are available for all ages.
    Can travel to students house. Lessons are available for 30, 45, or 60 mins.
    PM for details =)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 piszton

Piano and Music Theory lessons - Citywest

Dear All,

I offer private lessons in Citywest, Saggart, Rathcoole and surroundings.
    The lessons are held in the comfort of your own home, no time wasted on travelling.

All levels and ages are welcome from Beginners to Intermediate. My youngest student is 5 and the oldest is over 50, so really anyone can learn who has the genuine interest.
    I often recommend 30 mins for beginners and 45 mins for Advanced.
    I have over 15 years performance experience and have been teaching since 2006. All my students have achieved Honours and Distinction at their Royal Irish Academy practical exams.

Contact Christina by email to citywestmusic@gmail.com
    Or phone 087 615 8324

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Nikki103

Hi all, I am looking for a piano and flute teacher for a part time position within our school in the Dublin/Meath area. Must be able to teach RIAM examinations. Position to start immediately. Please contact me if you would like to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TwoTokeTommy

Subject(s): Piano/keyboard, classical flute, tenor saxophone
    Lessons in Students Home? Yes, or in my own home.
    Contact Name: Sarah
    Email: sarahjanehall_13@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hannabanna

I am looking for someone in the Newcastle West or as near to Newcastle West area who teaches Clarinet to children. I have a 9 year old boy interested in taking lessons in Clarinet. Replys please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ViolinABC

Violin  lessons

Hi everyone,

I'm offering violin and music theory lessons for RIAM exams or just for fun. All ages welcome. Lessons in my home in the Dublin 15 area/ Blanchardstown.
    Phone: Marcella 087 9261980

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kpkid

Hi all
    Im interesed in taking up the tin whistle again after a 20 year break. I also have 2 kids 7 years of age whom i want to get started on the whistle. Anyone in around the limerick area who might be able to give us a few lessons, i would love to hear from you. Contact ursulafox@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lorrainekemmy

Hey I am interested in gettn some guitar lessons could you give me a ring it's Shane 0851042934 I'm in the monastetevin area can travel

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tracyod

Hi everybody

Piano lessons available in Dublin 8 area, limited number of places available (Saturday mornings only).

Fully qualified with a Masters degree in Musicology and Performance. Over 10 years piano teaching experience teaching all grade levels from beginners to advanced diploma level.

Let me know if you are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kamellia

Violin Lessons in South Dublin

Subject(s): Violin
    Lessons in Students Home? Yes
    Contact Name: Camille
    Email: mrs.camillebonnard[at]gmail.com (replace [at] with @ symbol)
    Mobile: 0834029600

I can offer high quality violin lessons for all levels, beginners to advanced. I'm experienced in teaching both children and adults. I have an MMus in music performance (violin) and I'm a former member of the RTE National Symphony Orchestra in the First Violin section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 asgrinds

Subject(s): Piano Lessons/Music grinds (JC, LC, & 3rd Level)

Grinds in Students Home? Preferably in my own home, but willing to travel if not too far, or if student needs piano lessons.

Contact Name: Marti.

Email: afterschoolgrinds@gmail.com

Telephone: 085 7220030.

Fee: €35p/h

Qualified and experienced teacher available to give Junior & Leaving Cert Music grinds, 3rd Level grinds, and piano lessons. 15yrs grinds experience, and excellent previous results. Qualfications: B.Mus; Grad dip in Music, Masters. Also a qualified piano teacher (L.L.C.M). Graduate of R.I.A.M, and W.I.T, majoring in performance in Piano. Studied under Malcolm Proud. Detailed notes given for all aspects of your exams. Help also given for entrance exams to 3rd level Music courses. Registered with Teaching Council and up to date Garda vetting. Copies of all qualifications and references given to parents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭glord

Banjo/Guitar Lessons(Meath/Westmeath area) Contact ; 085 140 8460

Advertisement