Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an alternative to myp2p for streams

• 10-05-2011 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,931 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I have been using myp2p for a few years to watch basseball, mostly Boston games.

Tonight is the first time all season that they do not have a RedSox feed however.

Does anyone know of a reliable alternative site out there that lists streams?

I have searched but most links just lead back to myp2p

I think myp2p is great but I find it hard to believe that only one or two people in the whole world are streaming games,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hate to say it because I know you're looking for free, but if you really do watch enough games over the season mlb.tv is well well worth it. I think it's only $89 right now for the rest of the season and you get any game at any time and in HD live. I can't stand watching on anything else as you really need a good picture to watch a game I find. Plus a lot of times I end up watching the game the next day if it's a late one.

Anyway, really sorry if that's not what you want to hear. If you're looking for free links I can't help I'm afraid. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

streams for most games here :)

http://atdhe.me/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,931 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

8-10 wrote: »
    Hate to say it because I know you're looking for free, but if you really do watch enough games over the season mlb.tv is well well worth it. I think it's only $89 right now for the rest of the season and you get any game at any time and in HD live. I can't stand watching on anything else as you really need a good picture to watch a game I find. Plus a lot of times I end up watching the game the next day if it's a late one.

Anyway, really sorry if that's not what you want to hear. If you're looking for free links I can't help I'm afraid. :(

To be fair MLB.tv is a good deal.

It's €63 from now till the end of the season, that is about 50c a game.

I figure that there are actually 32 games that are watch-able, i.e. starting before midnight IST, between now and the end of the season.
    So that works out a about €2 a game.

If I have a few euro left at the end of the month after the children are feed I might take the plunge

I feel I will at some stage anyway, especially if the Obama administration continues to crack down on illegal streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

I myself was going to buy MLB.tv but as I'll be in the States for two months of the season anyway it's probably not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

MLB.tv has been showing a 'Free Game of the day' every day for the last 2 weeks or so. I havn't seen a Red Sox game yet as it looks to be mainly small market teams on view most nights. Pirates v Dodgers is the game tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Coeus wrote: »
    MLB.tv has been showing a 'Free Game of the day' every day for the last 2 weeks or so. I havn't seen a Red Sox game yet as it looks to be mainly small market teams on view most nights. Pirates v Dodgers is the game tonight...

...and Mets @ Astros today (just about to start)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

...and Mets @ Astros today (just about to start)

Disaster for Mets so far. Nothing new.

Have to say I'm really impressed by MLB.tv, the quality is great and I love how you can switch between Home and Away broadcasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Disaster for Mets so far. Nothing new.

Have to say I'm really impressed by MLB.tv, the quality is great and I love how you can switch between Home and Away broadcasts.

Yeah, painful to watch. What the hell has happened RA this year? Talk about being a one-hit wonder. Every batter has figured him out this season. That 1st inning was like batting practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Hi, I have been using myp2p for a few years to watch basseball, mostly Boston games.

Tonight is the first time all season that they do not have a RedSox feed however.

Does anyone know of a reliable alternative site out there that lists streams?

I have searched but most links just lead back to myp2p

I think myp2p is great but I find it hard to believe that only one or two people in the whole world are streaming games,

Hi,I have watched many other sports on myp2p,but have a problem figuring out how to watch the baseball games. any advice appreciated, thanks

Widescreen wrote: »
    Hi,I have watched many other sports on myp2p,but have a problem figuring out how to watch the baseball games. any advice appreciated, thanks

Well for baseball they only use StreamTorrent.
    The US gov. are trying to crack down on illegal streaming and it seems StreamTorrent is the safest method for the streamer

Best bet is to go to the daily Streaming thread in the Forms section, the first few posts give all details about downloading StreamTorrent, settings for different browsers etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Not a baseball fan but just make you guys aware of this.

Apple TV costs around €120. Its not actually a tv but a media streaming box. Connect to your router either wirelessly or through a cable and then by HDMI cable to your tv. You probably need decent internet to get it work happily ( I have UPC and it works great using it wireless to connect to router and pc). If you have an iPhone there is even an app you can use as a remote control. I use it to watch stuff on Youtube and rent movies. You can also listen to podcasts, show photo slideshows from your iPhone or from your iPhone library on your pc on it etc. I got it as a Christmas present, most happy with that !

Anyway one of the facilities it offers is MLB through it. Quality is excellent. That means that you watch the games ( many in HD ) through it on your widescreen HD big screen tv if you have one. As I said, not a big baseball fan but without having a paid MLB account you can see for free all the highlights from the games (I have a look at the SF ones especially the home ones having been to that fabulous stadium ). Obviously if you have a paid MLB account you can watch any game that is currently going on. Not being a huge tech head and connecting my tv to my pc it seems to me to be a great solution to watch MLB.com.

Do some research if you are interested, there is an Apple tv section on here. All I would say that if they offered same thing for the NFL through the Apple device ( it was only updated to work with MLB.com about 2 months ago ) I would definitely be buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bassman26

MLB.TV is great got to see almost every game i want sept when there on at like 4 in the morning, makes me a happy Mariners fan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 michalha

As some of you may know www.myp2p.eu has been down for a number of days and there is a lot of rumours about it's future

The good news however is that the Forums page is available at http://forum.wiziwig.eu/ and that has links to baseball streams each day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ottokatha1

The best alternatives to myp2p are listed here:
    best alternative to myp2p

What is your favorite from the 3 alternatives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 p2phd

Hello Friends i want to present you www.p2phd.eu
    You can watch here all type of sports, no annoying ads and no pop-ups.
    I`m waiting for your feedback.
    this is best myp2p alternative and a good p2p and flash sport streaming website

You can try www.sportp2p.com too. Quality streams and no annoying ads too:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Crucial Youth

If all else fails firstrowsports.eu is pretty good.

Advertisement