Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Invitation Ideas

• 07-09-2009 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

hi I've been asked by a friend to do her invites has anyone done their own and if so how did they turn out. can you recommend a good site. The invites are for a Blessing as she is getting married abroad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

we've done our own - but my mom hand-embroidered each and every one of them on specially cut-to-size cardboard, and we printed the inlets ourselves on rose-patterened transparent paper - so can't give ya any sites. :p

However, we just got our thank you cards that we made online - the site was called 'overnightprints.com' (I think), and the cards turned out fantastically - 100 double-sided print cards for 30 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Redpunto

diyweddings.com have all the stuff you need to make your own invites. I got my blank cards though from the euro shop - €2 for a pack of 6 and then bought all the other bits from ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MarieMc

Hi Guys. Got a good offer 100 cards for 14.00 in Rathdowney outlet then bought 2 packs of flowers white & purple 10 in each pack 1.20 per pack I designed the front of invite in word and the inside usuall writing and it came out lovely. Will have to get more flowers I know but it turns out very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭marquise

www.daintree.ie and www.diywedding.ie are both good and should give you lots of ideas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SabrinaHepburn

I have a shop in Sligo and we offer a DIY option for invites where you can buy all the ribbon and cards (all ready foiled) and put them together yourself with Ribbon, Diamantes, butterlfies etc. You can otherwise order pre printed cards and just print out the centre yourselves on a normal printer.
    Let me know if i can be of any further help, Sabrina

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭ro09

MarieMc wrote: »
    hi I've been asked by a friend to do her invites has anyone done their own and if so how did they turn out. can you recommend a good site. The invites are for a Blessing as she is getting married abroad.

There is a wedding tool for planning weddings on 2bwed.ie - I think there is something there on invitations.
    hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Shoes&Frocks

I'm currently making my own invites. For ideas, i found a site called www.imaginedoingityourself.com. They have some of the most amazing embellishments and are not out of the way in price either.

I found some invites on an irish website but when i went to price them they were working out at around €7 each. (with optional extras not included in that price).

Anyway, i thralled through the internet to find some nice embellishments and found the site above, who just happen to supply the irish designers who were charging €7 / invite.

All parts included and using a slightly cheaper crystal embellishment i reckon i can make similar invites for approx €1.40.

Have a look at the website above, it really is fantastic:)

Advertisement