Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

EbayBanned somehow have only seen fit to send my scope on the 29th, I found this out only through the tracking service, they never bothered to tell me it was being sent late. Over a month after I originally ordered it and after 3 weeks of emails asking where on Earth it was. It seems they didn't even know where it was. They did however promise me that it would be sent immediately in their last email. That was on the 24th. 5days isn't immediately.

If I had a choice, I'd never deal with them again. I've been messed around far too much and recieved too many different and vague explanations as to why I don't have my items. When I order 3 items at the same time I expect 3 items to turn up in one box on one day. Not to have to berrate people to post out each part thats missing individually.
    Unfortunately they have a couple of items I need that I can't get anywhere else so I'm not going to get that choice. I'm genuinely not looking forward to the next transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Menolias

I ordered a jg g36c and a few other accessories for my G18 Gbb last sunday night and surprise surprise it all arrived on thursday perfect,still waiting for something from the uk a week later...Go figure ,definitely gonna use ehobby again,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

Purchased a couple of items through ebay from Bidchart. Delivery time is a bit slow, roughly 2 weeks from purchase date but all items arrived exactly when they said they would. Reasonably good communication from supplier also. Prices are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

A&K M249 from Uncompany has arrived, legged it home to have a quick look at it over lunch, and it's a beauty. Uncompany are a fantastic retailer, ordered the week before last, took them a week to downgrade the gun and gather all of the random bits I ordered, posted it Friday, arrived at the house this morning. Now all I've got to do is last the afternoon in work and get home to do some firing/tinkering. Might post pics and a review up over the next while seeing as Tony is getting in some A&K models, although there's probably not a lot more that can be said on here that hasn't been said already elsewhere (i.e. Arnies etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jay&silentbob

Just wondering if ehobbyasia were closed for the chinese new year because im expecting a reply back from them.Do they do downgrades?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

NakedDex wrote: »
    Another day, another EbayBanned email, another tracking number, another package.

This time afters some verbal jocularity via email I managed to get another package out of them. The one that was sent only on the 18th. 3 weeks after I ordered.
    Grand I thought when I got a call to say a package arrived for me. I got home from work thinking I can finally fit everything together and forget this nasty business.

No.

They sent a $3 sling.

They have a very pissed of email sent to them at the moment.
    Made an order with Paul there aboput two 2 weeks ago for something
    Sent me the wrong thing, but i did want that one anyway
    He letme keep the one i didn't order and is sending me the one i did now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Got my railed mp5k of Rsov today. Posted on the 29th arrived in Ireland on the 30th :eek: happy days i thought but no, those custom's ***** held on to it nearly a week and then charged me 26e including the "customs release fee" :mad:. How ever the hell they added that up i just don't know. Oh and most of the rails are actually plastic :(.
    So 145e for the gun with 2 midcaps and an 8.4v stick battery. Quite the rip off in the end methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

Any one ever use Army Tech shop on ebay before, bought a fobus holster last week paid for it with paypal same day and no corresponce since not even receipt for payment is this the norm with him.:confused:

Welcome to Week 5 of:

Where in the world is Dex's scope!!!

Week 5 is indeed upon us, I'm scopeless still and can't get any response from Paul. This has gone from being annoying to frustrating and it's now gotten to straight out tiresome. This is silly. Really. I could have gotten a train to HK now and picked it up myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Welcome to Week 5 of:

Did you pay using Paypal ? if so, send him an email saying its the last time you'll be contacting him, and the next he hears about it will be because you'd lodged a dispute with Paypal. That usually wakes them up.

Oh...and if you're starting a pool, I'll put 10 on Dubai.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

lol., customs still have my order., it too longer for them to reply to me than it did for paul to send the item and have it arrive in this country.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Welcome to Week 5 of:

Week 5 is indeed upon us, I'm scopeless still and can't get any response from Paul. This has gone from being annoying to frustrating and it's now gotten to straight out tiresome. This is silly. Really. I could have gotten a train to HK now and picked it up myself.

Paul's on holidays - new year n all that... from the 4th to the 12th.

Some marine in Iraq is using it on his real SPR by now knowing my luck.

Has anyone used www.wgcshop.com? and are they genuine?.How much should i expect to pay in taxes,customs etc?

WGC are excellent. I've gotten a lot of stuff of them. They're very quick too. Expect to pay as much customs as you would anywhere else, about 25% including shipping

Has anyone used www.wgcshop.com? and are they genuine?.How much should i expect to pay in taxes,customs etc?

I've found them very good. Regarding taxes, customs etc. depends on what you are trying to buy I guess. I only bought small items such as springs and was not charged on them (low value items).

As a rule of thumb I think you could expect to be charged upto about 25% of the total value including shipping but I'm open to correction.

Paul's on holidays - new year n all that... from the 4th to the 12th.

I don't care, I ordered this last December. It was supposed to be posted 4 times since. The last time it was supposed to be posted was the 24th of last month which means the new year shouldn't have interfered with delivery. That is IF he posted it.

I don't care, I ordered this last December. It was supposed to be posted 4 times since. The last time it was supposed to be posted was the 24th of last month which means the new year shouldn't have interfered with delivery. That is IF he posted it.

I dont care that you dont care - I'm just telling you.:p

wow dude that was fast! I will be using my 3v card with paypal on Fri if all goes well nd if my friend actually tops it up.waiting for an invoice back which i filled up not so long ago but they are closed tomorrow so i hope it comes back tonight

I dont care that you dont care - I'm just telling you.:p

Ah yeah, I didn't mean to sound jumpy. I'm just rather bored of waiting for so long for something I paid so bloody much for when I was supposed to have it the following week.
    There have been people on this site who've placed orders a week or two after mine and gotten them already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Abu_Pablo

try www.cobraairsoft.com good response, fast delivery.

Ive nearly fully decided to go with gunnerairsoft because he doesnt seem to be tacking a break during the holiday season and he has agreed to downgrade the gun down to 320fps.Total cost(ex.taxes)will come to around 121.78EUR.im also ordering for a friend ,who will of course be charged more to cover some of my expences,so as to ''share'' shipping costs so i estimate using info provided by others that taxes will range between 30-40EUR nd in total 161.78 max(I hope).Will be making order on Fri.Im dissappointed that i have to choose a chinese supplier rather than our own tony but he does not stock the AKS-74U but i hope to make future purchases with him

my friend has confirmed that he will be going tomorrow so i have to hope for the best

Just ordered the cyma aks 74u and a springer pistol off gunnerairsoft and i left a message in the note box asking him to downgrade the cyma to 320 fps.

so dex, hows the scope situation going so far? still no sign? i got my order now and its on the gun,. you must be pretty cheesed of by now.,lol

Still nothing. I'm going to buy a scope tomorrow in MIA and tell him I want a refund. I'm not willing to wait a 7th week for something I can buy in a store in 30 seconds.
    If he doesn't like it, tough. I'll lodge an issue with Paypal if he refuses it.

I know he's had loads of wonderful reviews and everything but I'm being dicked around royally here and I've been more than patient. 6 weeks is plenty of time by any margin.

yeah i know what ya mean., if its on its way to ya you should try and blag some free stuff for the hassle you've had in waiting all this time.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

What are Wgc's shipping prices like for pistols does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

30 - 40usd for a pistol, 60 - 70usd aeg on average does really depend on other things

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Nice one, thanks.

Advertisement