Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards Irish Top 25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Who was the Irish lad on the show in cork with Bret hart, I want to put him on my list to make a hearty 5

First 4 are Conor Hurley obviously :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

There would have been a few Irish lads on the AWR tour with Bret Hart. Sean Maxer Brennan, Joe Cabray -OMEN, Justin Shape, Paddy Morrow and Dunkie D. It'd have been one of those you're thinkin of. Any of them would be a worthy 5th place to Mr Hurley.

Sean Maxer Brennan, Joe Cabray -OMEN

Was one of those two ^ I'll give them both a wee vote.

I forgot Paul Tracey in that list of AWR wrestlers.
    http://www.awrwrestling.com/roster/ There's the roster page to jog your memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Just under a week left to go :D

Only a few days left :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Sent you my ten there.

Will we be doing a **** list? That would be fun. :D

Sent you my ten there.

Will we be doing a **** list? That would be fun. :D

I'm not going to lie, it crossed my mind :p But I didn't even think I'd get such a strong response. Next year it'll 100% happen!

In between PMs here, the Facebook page and emails I have gotten, we have close to 100 different responses!

I'm not going to lie, it crossed my mind :p But I didn't even think I'd get such a strong response. Next year it'll 100% happen!

In between PMs here, the Facebook page and emails I have gotten, we have close to 100 different responses!

Great stuff. When I used to do this kind of stuff years ago I realised using just the active posters here (and other forums) is actually a pretty poor gauge of Irish wrestling's popularity; there are an awful lot of lurkers who follow it but rarely post, and many more who don't have accounts at all.

You're not receiving many 'votes' from dodgy accounts are you?

A **** Arse 10 would be amusing.

• Advertisement

None that I have picked up on. There have been a few people who voted that have joined the site just to post their top 10, but they have all been so varied that there is no reason to suspect anything.

There are a few wrestlers out there that if they find there way into the top ten I shall declare the whole thing a farce and wear shoes on my hands and crap in my hat.

So if voting closes tomorrow, we should have the first results by the end of the week?

Exciting stuff, I must say. Looking forward to some write-ups of performers I'm not familiar with, as well as the (bound to be controversial) rankings themselves. I remember compiling a top 40 list back in the day when I was running the (long-forgotten) IWJ website, and it stirred up some decent debate! Paddy Morrow is the obvious choice for number one, but I could see the voting throwing up a suprise.

The top 40? That'd be an interesting read now. I can imagine the majority have hung up the boots. I wonder if I crapped in my hat when that list came out.

So if voting closes tomorrow, we should have the first results by the end of the week?

Exciting stuff, I must say. Looking forward to some write-ups of performers I'm not familiar with, as well as the (bound to be controversial) rankings themselves. I remember compiling a top 40 list back in the day when I was running the (long-forgotten) IWJ website, and it stirred up some decent debate! Paddy Morrow is the obvious choice for number one, but I could see the voting throwing up a suprise.

I'll be starting write-ups come Wednesday evening, then the first batch will come out on this weeks Podcast, then I'll be putting the write ups in a result thread soon after. Depending on final votes we'll either do a top 25, 40 or 50. The first half will come out this week then the second half the following.

The top 40? That'd be an interesting read now. I can imagine the majority have hung up the boots. I wonder if I crapped in my hat when that list came out.

I might still have a copy of it somewhere. There was a lot of hat crapping. Blake Norton made the top 5 as I recall. Ooh, people hat crapped big over that one.

Almost time gentlemen!!!!

Just to say, the winner is unlikely to loose his position now, but there is ONE point between second and third place, then 2 between third and fourth!!!

****ing hell, the top 5 just got turned the other way round! Last minute PMs are making a difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Are we done?

It's now the 26th, we are done :)

Interesting final list I gotta say. I'm going to double check everything now and have some details soon :D

• Advertisement

You should try and organise an interview with the winner for the podcast.

CMpunked wrote: »
    You should try and organise an interview with the winner for the podcast.
    Already in the works ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Already in the works ;)

This is great news, fair play to ya again Sean

List is done and double checked. Due to the number of votes, tied places etc, we are going with a top 30 wrestlers. The top 30 is very definative, after that it gets into alot of tied places.

The list of 30, in alphabetical order, are:

Andy Phoenix
    Ballymun Bruiser
    Bingo Balance
    Bonesaw
    Carl “Shooter” O’Rourke
    Danny Butler
    Danny Deans
    Duncan Disorderly
    Insano
    Irish Dragon
    JC Williams
    JDP
    Jordan Devlin
    Justin Shape
    Kev Rocks
    La Warren
    Lycan
    Mad Man Mason
    Mandrake
    Omen
    Paddy Marrow
    Paul Tracey
    Philly the Kid
    Red Vinny
    Sean Maxer
    Sean South
    Tucker
    Vic Viper
    Wayne Daly
    Working Class John

Who was number 1/ were the top 5?

I'm not a fan of this everybody's a winner lark.

Pingi wrote: »
    Who was number 1/ were the top 5?

I'm not a fan of this everybody's a winner lark.

I dont think thats whats being done. :P

Its just the list of the wrestlers who are in the top 30.

Pretty formidable list right there!
    What place did father soul come? (yes he was in my list :P)
    The big reveals will be happening over the next few weeks i am to believe?

Um.....Carl O'Rourke hasn't wrestled in years? Red Vinny is retired too...surely they're not eligible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

Im calling Shennigans allready, for one theres guys on the list who have been retired for atleast at year or more,hasnt wrestled in ireland in over a year ala mason, and two nothen agaisnt the guy but "lycan" has only debuted at the DCW in september from the results posted and had 2 matches which were tags, really doubt he should be anywhere near there top 30, specially when someone like tron didnt even make the list.

Rawm2008 wrote: »
    Im calling Shennigans allready, for one theres guys on the list who have been retired for atleast at year or more,hasnt wrestled in ireland in over a year ala mason, and two nothen agaisnt the guy but "lycan" has only debuted at the DCW in september from the results posted and had 2 matches which were tags, really doubt he should be anywhere near there top 30, specially when someone like tron didnt even make the list.

Wasnt it said at the start of the thread that it was going to be an overall poll?

As the irish scene has been effectively dead up until the last year, this was to determine the last few years, not just current right now wrestlers.

And remember, theres 30 wrestlers on that list, so whos to say that lycan or manon arent no.30?
    I for one think manson deserves some kind of honorary mention.

• Advertisement

Let the hat crapping commence. I see some lads are squating over their caps already.

Advertisement