Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

modeling.....

• 09-09-2006 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

ok well im looking to go into modeling but dont know where to go to because i am only 14 (nearly 15) and dont know of any teen modeling agencies..... any help would be much appreciated and please let me know if you know of any.. thanks in advance!! xoxo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

model agencies come to you, so if you havnt even been offered yet take it as a sign... and just hope that someday you will... but you probably wont :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

PlayGirl wrote:
    ok well im looking to go into modeling but dont know where to go to because i am only 14 (nearly 15) and dont know of any teen modeling agencies..... any help would be much appreciated and please let me know if you know of any.. thanks in advance!! xoxo

Post your pic on here and you wont be long finding out if you got what it takes!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Well what ever you do don't listen to cupthehand!!
    But I don't know of any modeling agencies..sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

Assets are OK. They can be a bit rude.

Look up modelling agencies in the Golden Pages. Agencies will have no trouble letting you know if you are what they want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

PlayGirl wrote:

I like your sig
    whats the difference between a blonde and a rooster??
    in the morning one says "cock-a-doodle-dooo" and the other says "any-cock'll-dooo"

tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

The general rule of thumb is to stay away from agencies that charge you to walk in the door... Celtic charge their models to be on their rota, which is basically just a scam as far as I can tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

DAEDULUS wrote:
    model agencies come to you, so if you havnt even been offered yet take it as a sign... and just hope that someday you will... but you probably wont :p
    erm, i dont live anywhere nearany agencies... i live in a small town in donegal like!! lol.. :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

PlayGirl wrote:

Im a fully accredited professional model photographer, having worked with Irish agencies and models, as well as extensive work abroad. If you want to make an appointed, simply PM me to come around to my gaf.....ahem, studio, in Blanc.......eh, located in North Dublin.;)

Jaysus, so many posts in and im the first with the filth, you people disappoint me.

Although virtually all the models you see in the papers in Ireland are stunning looking, for some reason in the UK any oul mutt can become a model as long as she is slim. Kate Moss, Lily Cole, theyre not exactly the types that would turn heads on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Im a fully accredited professional model photographer, having worked with Irish agencies and models, as well as extensive work abroad. If you want to make an appointed, simply PM me to come around to my gaf.....ahem, studio, in Blanc.......eh, located in North Dublin.;)

Jaysus, so many posts in and im the first with the filth, you people disappoint me.

Although virtually all the models you see in the papers in Ireland are stunning looking, for some reason in the UK any oul mutt can become a model as long as she is slim. Kate Moss, Lily Cole, theyre not exactly the types that would turn heads on the street.
    well den i think il go over to england to try, lol.. i mean im not aying that im gorgeous or even overly pretty but i have always wanted to do it so i want to put my mind at rest and give it a shot, whats the worst that could hapen>?/.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Tha Gopher wrote:

Irish models tend to be pretty wholesome,girl next door types,cept Glenda Gleeson she's jus in a league of her own. Supermodels or those who tend to make it on the international scale like lilly cole and kate moss are really distincive looking.
    If I was you id enter for miss donegal next year,even though id say your way too young. Wait till your 17 and enter it then and that'll be a good stepping stone as you'll be seen by the right people.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

DAEDULUS wrote:

No they do not. The agencies despite their good intentions can not be everywhere at the one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

I would suggest putting together a portfolio of yourself as this will be a major asset in getting yourself chosen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

panda100 wrote:
    Irish models tend to be pretty wholesome,girl next door types,cept Glenda Gleeson she's jus in a league of her own. Supermodels or those who tend to make it on the international scale like lilly cole and kate moss are really distincive looking.

Kate Moss is average. Woth a lash but she wouldnt drop your jaw.

Lily is pure muttley, i wouldnt touch her with yours.

The irish ones seem pretty much the types yid want to show off to your oul one/introduce to your mates down the pub to make them jealous. If i brought Kate Moss down the pub theyd quite rightly be like amongst themselves "ah shes not bad is she. Not as good as mine though"

If i brought Lily to meet my mates there would be an uncomfortable silence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

From your KYN pic you look like you have the right sort of figure for modelling, good luck :)

And i'd look into those portfolio and Miss Donegal ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

there is catwalk modelling agency in galway and world know ford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Kate Moss is average. Woth a lash but she wouldnt drop your jaw.

Lily is pure muttley, i wouldnt touch her with yours.

The irish ones seem pretty much the types yid want to show off to your oul one/introduce to your mates down the pub to make them jealous. If i brought Kate Moss down the pub theyd quite rightly be like amongst themselves "ah shes not bad is she. Not as good as mine though"

If i brought Lily to meet my mates there would be an uncomfortable silence

What a horribly shallow thing to say. So because you think she isn't good looking she wouldn't get on with your friends and there would be an uncomfortable silence. :rolleyes:

I'd agree with mikeanywhere and get yourself a portfolio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

You don't need a portfolio, you only need normal snapshots of yourself without makeup. You build your portfolio as you go from different jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

chump wrote:
    I like your sig

tut tut

what has that got to do with her question...
    if you don't have any advice, just don't say anything at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

panda100 wrote:
    If I was you id enter for miss donegal next year,even though id say your way too young. Wait till your 17 and enter it then and that'll be a good stepping stone as you'll be seen by the right people.:)

Glenda Gleeson! - are you referring to the one that went out with Brian O'Driscoll, are you insane, she's a buck toothed minger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

empirix wrote:
    Glenda Gleeson! - are you referring to the one that went out with Brian O'Driscoll, are you insane, she's a buck toothed minger

I know thats why I said she's in al eague of her own.She doesnt compare to the other Irish models who are all quite pretty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

panda100 wrote:
    I know thats why I said she's in al eague of her own.She doesnt compare to the other Irish models who are all quite pretty

oh right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dreamer Girl

OP BEing a model is not a easy as you might think. Do your research well before hand. Make sure it really is some thing you want to get into. Knowing all the facts helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

panda100 wrote:

phew! :)
    Thought you were being serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭katiemac

;) Firstly, go to a professional photographer in Donegal and ask them if you are photogenic.If he/she thinks you are read on.
    Secondly, ask them to take a series of photos of you in different poses with different backdrops and wear different clothes.
    Thirdly, put the best shots into a portfolio and send to the Morgan agency and Assets model agency both of whom are based in Dublin.
    Ring them and ask what they think of your portfolio.

They will take it from there.

Remember all our mums and dads think we are beautiful kids. Don't listen to them. You must get professional advice.
    Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 davidinaj

Tha Gopher wrote: »

Do you really think the word stunning is ah suitable for the irish models????no way and Kate Moss would not have the bank account she has if she did not have waht it takes to be a top model how many irish top models are there?????i rest my case

davidinaj wrote: »
    Do you really think the word stunning is ah suitable for the irish models????no way and Kate Moss would not have the bank account she has if she did not have what it takes to be a top model how many irish top models are there?????i rest my case
    :D

??????????thread?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Just remember,an average models life is not as glamorous as it appears on america's next top model. I would advise you to really get to know what you are in for both in front of and away from the camera before you go down any of the avenues which were pointed out in this thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jeffbi2006

I have been with two agencies and the best one out of the two is bscene. The other one I was with should be shut down for taking the money and running

Advertisement