Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking for Dundrum Town Centre

• 28-08-2005 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭SixShot

Hi all

Im here to ask any one out there if there is any way of getting Cheap parking in Dundrum
    I find 20 euro a day For Staff & Customers to park in the Dundrum Town Centre carpark is a Rip off. Compared to a lot of other centres who dont charge customers & have detacated Staff parking. Drundrum managment are putting Presure on Stores to Open late Mon-Fri and they will not supply Staff parking funny they expect stores to open later for them but wont help out staff. for one ther centre is not as active as it should be & I and many others beleave its because they are charged 2 euro per hour thats Staff as well as customers its a rip off in all fairness 20euro a day for 6 days is a lot & for most theres your wages screwed. well any one out there got sujestions at all.

If there is any Dundrum staff out there I am willing to get a partition going for staff parking so let me know .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

Thats horribly expensive for parking. Get your petition started quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

I spent an hour or two there and it was very expensive. Can't remember exactly, but we weren't pleased. I'd say get something done about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

SixShot wrote:
    well any one out there got sujestions at all.

Don't drive to work.
    or
    Park in sandyford and get the tram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Shadow_2k5

yeah the Tram is a lot better for the day you can park your car in the luas station its bout 2 euro for 4 hours which is pritty good Still Dundrum should Kop the Fook On thats a true Rip off there & the cheek of them to ask Staff & stores Favers whats the faver for the staff waste more money parking in Fliping Dundrum town Centre Is a True Rip off Feckin shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

my friend works there and parks in the luas car park for the day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Their problem is proximity to the LUAS station. Without punitive parking rates, it will become a LUAS park-and-ride facility. All day parking is available in the LUAS station across the road for €4. Staff knew what they were getting into when they took the job - why is it assumed that every employer has to provide car parking for all staff? What ever happened to public transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Get a bus - 14, 14A, 16A, 17, 44/B/C, 48A, 75

http://www.dundrum.ie/

http://www.dublinbus.ie/news_centre/dublin_bus_news.asp?action=view&news_id=477

16A operates to Beaumont Avenue, Churchtown. 16 is a bit further away at Kingston, Ballinteer.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Apart from that - the carpark in Dundrum is extremely dangerous! It is badly laid out! I've been there twice and almost damaged my car both times.

1st time someone absolutely flying up a ramp almost went into the side of my car. Note - NO road markings to show who has right of way here.

When you are leaving the acarpark - just after shoving your ticket in the yokey, if in the left booth there is a kerb that sticks out and it is NOT clearly visible. The rest of the kerbs have flags and all sorts of crap sticking out of them but this kerb is in an s shape.

Definitely wouldn't go back in there again - pay for parking and know that its only a matter of time before an accident happens there.

The minions are absolutely NO help - if you make any suggestions to them the say "Last week we were 200 and now we only 37". Thats all!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

bubby wrote:
    if you make any suggestions to them the say "Last week we were 200 and now we only 37". Thats all!
    ??????????

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Why don't they implement a Parking Validation system? I know people could still just park there all day and go in and buy a packet of peanuts to get their tickets validated but surely there must be something that could be implemented. I for one won't be going near the place. Not because of the parking but because it's just a duplication of places like Blanchardstown and Liffey Valley (both of which have free parking of course :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

I heard yesterday that they've reduced the parking charge to €2 for the first 3 hours. Can anyone confirm that?

Yes, thats true. was up there on Saturday.

Victor wrote:
    ??????????

The guy was saying that they were letting staff go by the bucket load and that they were over-worked

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Legally, parking must be charged for at that shopping centre. It was a stipulation in DLR's granting of PP. Don't know how much flexibility there is for staff. The stores & centre management should tr to arrange a Luas deal or something, of course nobody is forcing anyone to work there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 smarties

RainyDay wrote:
    All day parking is available in the LUAS station across the road for €4. Staff knew what they were getting into when they took the job - why is it assumed that every employer has to provide car parking for all staff? What ever happened to public transport?
    There isnt parking at the balally luas stop is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭ Angelina Prehistoric Goggles

Yeah there is a big car park at the balally stop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

It's ridiculous isn't it...i remember going there the first week it opened and just thought "WTF!" to myself when i seen the prices they were commanding for parking! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bblock

ok i know this is a near 4 year old tread im sorry im sorry i just didnt want to start a new one....ok so hears the sitch i got a job in dundrum(one of very few in these times, of which im very greatful for) starting on Saturday and i dont know what the situation is on parking, I really cant afford the prices they are looking for in the centre is there anywhere cheaper to park or free which would be even better....BTW im brutal at directions :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Bblock wrote: »
    sorry i just didnt want to start a new one
    New threads are so expensive these days! :p

The South County Dublin Forum might be more appropriate. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

If you get to Dundrum before 8.30am, there's usually a few places in the car park across from Winters bar, €6/day make sure you're parked in the long stay section though, the wardens love giving tickets there! The car park in the old shopping centre is also €6/per day, I've heard people complain that it's too far away though! 5 minutes walk max. Then there's the Balally Luas park n' ride, €4 per day but you need a valid luas ticket (I've never been asked for one...) The best bet though is public transport, pain in the thon alright, but you don't spend the day driving in circles looking for a place to park, or having to arrive at 8am and eat your breakfast in the car!
    Oh, and congrats on the job, welcome to Dundrum, don't forget to ask about your discount card! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You can park in the car park of the old Dundrum Shopping Centre for 6 euro a day or in the Luas park and ride in Ballaly for 4 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

bubby wrote: »
    Apart from that - the carpark in Dundrum is extremely dangerous! It is badly laid out! I've been there twice and almost damaged my car both times.

1st time someone absolutely flying up a ramp almost went into the side of my car. Note - NO road markings to show who has right of way here.

When you are leaving the acarpark - just after shoving your ticket in the yokey, if in the left booth there is a kerb that sticks out and it is NOT clearly visible. The rest of the kerbs have flags and all sorts of crap sticking out of them but this kerb is in an s shape.

Definitely wouldn't go back in there again - pay for parking and know that its only a matter of time before an accident happens there.

The minions are absolutely NO help - if you make any suggestions to them the say "Last week we were 200 and now we only 37". Thats all!

next time you are back there take a look - the STOP/YIELD signs are clearly visible.... the person on the ramp has the right of way and if you looked you'd see the markings on the ground in front of you (the STOP written on the ground) and the signs on the pillars.

as for the kerb bit - while I agree it probably serves one purpose (to tell people they cut the corner) - you could look at how you take corners, if you hit that you didnt take the corner properly..... by any chance are you a learner driver ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

PCPhoto wrote: »
    by any chance are you a learner driver ?
    Are you expecting a reply from near 4 year old post from a non registered user?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Gazza22 wrote: »
    It's ridiculous isn't it...i remember going there the first week it opened and just thought "WTF!" to myself when i seen the prices they were commanding for parking! :mad:

That's why I stopped going there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I know it is has reduced hugely but I still will not pay to park (shop!) there. I would rather go Blanchardstown where parking is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

...when did they revert to €2 per hour...€2per 3 hours was kinna o.k but i'll be cutting bk on headin there in future

Advertisement