Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pancake Tuesday

• 20-02-2012 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

It always strikes me as a bit of an odd day. I love pancakes, but generally only for a lazy weekend breakfast, not on a Tuesday. But people seem to go mental for them once a year & probably never eat them for the rest of the year.

Then there's that odd phenomenon of drowning them in lemon concentrate that comes in a plastic lemon.. one can only presume that real lemons are, I dunno.. too real?

So what's your take on Jif Lemon Day & will you be partaking in the great pancake debacle of 2012?

On Pancake Tuesday... 286 votes

I will be mostly eating pancakes
    0% 0 votes
    I won't be eating pancakes
    73% 210 votes
    I am pancake, eat me
    26% 76 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Yes.

Habit from when kids small.

Also, I like pancakes. Usually mushroom filling, followed by dessert pancake with Nutella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

It always strikes me as a bit of an odd day. I love pancakes, but generally only for a lazy weekend breakfast, not on a Tuesday. But people seem to go mental for them once a year & probably never eat them for the rest of the year.

Then there's that odd phenomenon of drowning them in lemon concentrate that comes in a plastic lemon.. one can only presume that real lemons are, I dunno.. too real?

So what's your take on Jif Lemon Day & will you be partaking in the great pancake debacle of 2012?

Surely you mean CIF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

I think it's less to do with pancakes and more about recreating the traditions we grew up with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Its a nice tradition.

Better then Valentine's Day anyway.. *forever alone*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I plan on eating loads of the bastards tomorrow. With ice cream.

Although, we would have pancakes fairly regularly in our house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

Won't be able to do it tomorrow so had pancake Tuesday today instead. I had seven of them and I will probably eat another three before bed. Pancake Tueday overtook easter for me as soon as I hit around 21 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I love pancakes so yes, I'm gonna have some. I'm gonna have lots!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Pancake Tuesday; the only day of the year I eat breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

There are strong, deeply-ingrained religious traditions underpinning Pancake Tuesday.

Jesus loved pancakes, but forced himself to only have them once a year on a Tuesday in spring, as he knew otherwise he'd just eat them everyday and get really fat.

So if you don't have pancakes tomorrow, then the terrorists win.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

Feck, im on a healty eating kick at the mo. This could ruin it all!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Pancakes are just the best. They deserve their own day, dedicated just for them!! Always felt bad for my mam though- she used to end up standing over the cooker for ages making pancake after pancake for 4 kids. She became an expert at having 2 or 3 on the go at one time.

And I'm pretty sure everyone with siblings fought over who got the first pancake! It's an important part of the tradition.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

I'll be eating a f**k load of them.

I've got my Nutella at the ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭homer.j

mmmmmmmmm *drools* pancaaaakkkkkeeeeeeessssssss.

A sprinke of caster sugar and a drop of jif lemon and we're ready to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I'm gonna eat so many pancakes I might turn into a big pancake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I'd love to go out somewhere and get them :) love them with fruit and golden syrup. yum. but, no probably won't.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

pancake with golden syrup pls

none of this lemon and sugar business

have the batter made settling for the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCAKES PANCAKES!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

damn, i want pancakes now!! :eek: ive no mix etc in yet though, hoping to go wild tomorrow on them, nutella, sugar, lemon, and maybe even some bananas, not all on the one pancake though :pac:

or maybe i will try it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Vodka pancake. Savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    damn, i want pancakes now!! :eek: ive no mix etc in yet though, hoping to go wild tomorrow on them, nutella, sugar, lemon, and maybe even some bananas, not all on the one pancake though :pac:

or maybe i will try it! :D

Careful now :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I love pancakes!

I bet Lemon will be packed tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Its a nice tradition.

Better then Valentine's Day anyway.. *forever alone*

Dont worry we can be alone together.

Hmmm but that means were not alone then.

Pancake

pancake

pancake

AAAAAGGGHHHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Golden syrup.

Is that like maple syrup for poor people?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I just found out they don't have pancake Tuesday in the US. You think they'd be all over that shit. I suppose every day is pancake day over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm going to a charity pancake breakfast, in Canada.

So my maple syrup is the real stuff :cool:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

earpiece wrote: »

Surely you mean CIF
    It's jif, not cif.
    Jif, the lemon company are not the same as cif, the people who make cleaning fluids.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Posy wrote: »
    It's jif, not cif.
    Jif, the lemon company are not the same as cif, the people who make cleaning fluids.
    Let them go ahead and put Cif on their pancakes.

That'll learn 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

It's jif, not cif.
    Very hard to taste the difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

It's jif, not cif.

But cif cleaning products used to be called jif.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Shouldn't it be on a Wednesday this year seeing as it's a leap year? We've get an extra day before the easter bunny arrives now.

Advertisement