Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Aungier Street Directions,parking etc

• 20-02-2012 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi all,

Im starting an evening course in DIT one night a week in Aungier Street very soon. Ill be travelling from Tipperary, can anybody tell me is there parking on the campus or nearby, also Is it possible to get the luas or bus into Aungier street or anywhere near it.

Ill be driving up on the M7 motorway, is there any luas stops on the way where I could leave my car. Red Cow etc Sorry for all the questions, Im not up around Dublin very often. Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

This might help you until someone with more specific info comes along:

http://www.dit.ie/campuslife/transport/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 stingray12341

Thanks very much shifty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 stingray12341

Can anyone tell me is it possible to use the park and ride option on the luas from the red cow to Aungier Street or anywhere near it ??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Can anyone tell me is it possible to use the park and ride option on the luas from the red cow to Aungier Street or anywhere near it ??
    There is a luas stop in Stepens Green 2 minutes away but its the wrong line for you. Its a fair walk from the nearest stop to Aungier

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

If you want to get the red luas, the closest stop to AST is Jervis. About a 15 min walk from one to the other, across the river, through templebar accross dame street and up George/Aungier street.

Another option is to drive in to the city centre and park in the St. Stephens Green / R.C.S.I. Car Park, and get your parking ticket validated in DIT.

Parking is only €1.50/hr up to a max of €5/day (think it may be cheaper after 6pm).

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement

Oh, sorry.

Car Park is a 2/3 min walk from AST

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Definitely use the RCSI car park. If you validate your ticket at the Aungier St. front door then you get all day parking for €5. Avoid the street parking at all costs unless you want to pay through your teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Hi all,

Im starting an evening course in DIT one night a week in Aungier Street very soon. Ill be travelling from Tipperary, can anybody tell me is there parking on the campus or nearby, also Is it possible to get the luas or bus into Aungier street or anywhere near it.

Ill be driving up on the M7 motorway, is there any luas stops on the way where I could leave my car. Red Cow etc Sorry for all the questions, Im not up around Dublin very often. Thanks guys :)

What time do you expect to be in Aungier street at? There is plenty of on-street parking right outside the college and you dont have to pay after 7....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Parking in rsci is 2euro for the night after 5 regardless of how long you park. You validate your card in the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭voodoochile

If you want to get the red luas, the closest stop to AST is Jervis. About a 15 min walk from one to the other, across the river, through templebar accross dame street and up George/Aungier street.

Another option is to drive in to the city centre and park in the St. Stephens Green / R.C.S.I. Car Park, and get your parking ticket validated in DIT.

Parking is only €1.50/hr up to a max of €5/day (think it may be cheaper after 6pm).

Hope that helps.

Hi, sorry for digging up an old thread but I'm starting a course in Aungier St soon so I was just wondering if the 5 euro all day parking is still in operation (as this thread is a few months old). Does it matter which car park (RCSI or St Stephen's Green) is used? Also, what's the availability of spaces like day to day?

Sorry for the raft of questions but any guidance you could provide would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement

Hi, sorry for digging up an old thread but I'm starting a course in Aungier St soon so I was just wondering if the 5 euro all day parking is still in operation (as this thread is a few months old). Does it matter which car park (RCSI or St Stephen's Green) is used? Also, what's the availability of spaces like day to day?

Sorry for the raft of questions but any guidance you could provide would be much appreciated.

Hey.

Yep, it's still valid. Doesn't matter whether is SSG or RCSI, it's actually the same car park, they join on the top, there's just two different entrances. Personally, I prefer the RCSI entrance, as it's less confusing, the SSG one is all over the shop!

I've never not gotten a space, but if you get there after 10/11 AM, you can expect to park on the 6th+ floor, but there's a lift, so all's good!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭voodoochile

Hey.

Yep, it's still valid. Doesn't matter whether is SSG or RCSI, it's actually the same car park, they join on the top, there's just two different entrances. Personally, I prefer the RCSI entrance, as it's less confusing, the SSG one is all over the shop!

I've never not gotten a space, but if you get there after 10/11 AM, you can expect to park on the 6th+ floor, but there's a lift, so all's good!

Thanks for the reply, I'll try to get there early so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stejay88

Hey sorry its a late post on this thread but does anyone know if this offer still exists for the car park in stephens green as i am starting in kevin street next week ?

cheers , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭stephen812

AFAIK the offer is still running.

Here's a link with the prices: http://www.q-park.ie/students

There's some sort of a validation machine inside the main door of the Kevin Street building that you have to pop your ticket into before going back to collect your car.

Advertisement