Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free parking in Dun Laoghaire?

• 22-02-2010 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

Lucky enough to be starting a new job in Dun Laoghaire in March, trying to decide between driving and taking the dart, probably will be darting it but would be nice to have the option of driving if needs be.

I'll be working near Corrig Ave and had heard that there was free parking in a Park about ten minutes walk from here, Im not that familiar with Dun Laoghaire and was wondering if anyone could help me with this?

Also if there was any other free parking / all day parking nearby?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Congrats on the job, I moved to Dun Laoghaire in December as I got a job here too :D

I work on adelaide street just down from Corrig avenue.

I believe you can park in glasthule and Clarinda park for €5 a day or at least you could over the xmas/new year period, not sure if its still the same.

I haven't heard of a free parking area myself.

Parking in the multi story carparks and on the street in town is a rip off.

I get the dart and walk from there to work and its less than 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

Thanks Draffodx, Congrats as well on the job in that case! Unfortunately moving is not an option for me.

€5 a day doesnt sound too bad, Im not sure where glasthule and Clarinda park is though? how would I get to it from Corrig Ave?

I do a night course 2 nights a week so on these days it would just be easier for me to drive straight to dun laoghaire thats why Im looking for parking and as you said on street is a definate no because of the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Glasthule is just straight down the main road from laoghaire if your going south, there is an open area with parking space beside the dart station.

Clarinda park is just the next road on your right after corrig avenue as you head towards glasthule ( i think )

Have you thought about renting a parking place? There around €100 a month for secure parking

yea renting might be something I should be thinking about.

Im going to take a couple of drives up before I start so I'll take a look at the parking places you suggested as well, I have a while to look into renting a space.

Thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Map of area

A is Corrig Ave
    B & C are closet free parking, but you'd want to get there early!

• Advertisement

You could park in Glenageary Woods

Or Sallynoggin is an extra couple of minutes walk.

There are shortcuts from glenageary woods to corrig ave.

Thanks Cookie_Monster and Jamie Uneven Warehouse the maps a great help! I'll take a look at all 3 places when I do my trial runs,

thanks a mil for your help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Silcherster Park is still free however Silchester Road has meters thanks to Glenageary Dart commuters. .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Cianos

Silcherster Park is still free however Silchester Road has meters thanks to Glenageary Dart commuters. .

Isn't Marlborough Road still free parking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Cianos wrote: »
    Isn't Marlborough Road still free parking?
    Free ATM but residence in the area not too happy, hence the reason meters were placed in other residential areas.

• Advertisement

Free ATM but residence in the area not too happy, hence the reason meters were placed in other residential areas.

boo hoo on them.

They should make it and Silchester road 50c to €1 a day max. That way people will still park there and income will be generated, rather than having Silchester deserted as it costs to much to park

• Registered Users Posts: 29,951 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

boo hoo on them.

They should make it and Silchester road 50c to €1 a day max. That way people will still park there and income will be generated, rather than having Silchester deserted as it costs to much to park

I'd agree with this

The meters are a bit of a joke really. Roads with lots of space are empty because of the meters and narrow roads where parking is needed and residents don't want meters now have to take extra cars. It's just moving around the problem that wasn't much of a problem in the first place

I'd agree with this

The meters are a bit of a joke really. Roads with lots of space are empty because of the meters and narrow roads where parking is needed and residents don't want meters now have to take extra cars. It's just moving around the problem that wasn't much of a problem in the first place

Ah but it was a problem for the councillor who lives there, same reason that stupid little mini roundabout went in at the end of the road

Advertisement