Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype on dial-up

• 04-05-2005 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience using Skype with Dial-up?

It says it will work, but I've heard people say the quality isn't too good. I'll be looking to do Skype on DSL to Skype on dial-up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

where I work, we tested that and found that it uses about 4 kbps upload so you would want make sure you pretty close to your exchange and that your connection is perfect to have it on dial up....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Yeah I connect to the net at 52.8K most times, and I don't have any problems with skype. But, if you so much as open a web browser, your call will fade out or drop. You really do need every bit of your connection for skype. That said, sometimes my dad's connection drops off(on skype-to-landline calls), and he has 12mbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    and he has 12mbit.
    Wow, 0.012bits :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Fibonacci

thanks for the advice guys. Will let you know how it goes....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

causal wrote:
    Wow, 0.012bits :p:D

:cool:

Sorry, twelve mega bit per second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Now I'm jealous - twleve million bits per second

"There were 12,000,000 bits skypeing on the call
    and if one little bit should accidently fall
    there'd be 11,999,999 bits skypeing on the call..."

causal