Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vegetarian (etc.) bargains/special offers thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Am I the only one that was really unimpressed with these? Had them about a year ago and they were so flavourless. Really disappointed.

Initially I didn't like them but I came 'round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I found them alright but since discovering the Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers I haven't had them.

Have you tried the Dee ready meals that she does? I think they're superb really tasty and with a nice kick to them way spicier than her "spicy" burgers. I had the Chilli one the other day - delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

Am I the only one that was really unimpressed with these? Had them about a year ago and they were so flavourless. Really disappointed.

I didn't enjoy them either, had to force myself to finish them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

wasnt mad on them either and for the price id expect them to be amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dubsontour

maameeo wrote: »
    wasnt mad on them either and for the price id expect them to be amazing!

Agree very expensive and taste of nothing really.. I ended up dumping the 2nd one in the pack also

• Advertisement

Just wanna say thanks for the heads up on the Linda McCartney mozzarella burgers in tesco..picked up two boxes today, would have stocked up more but my freezer is tiny! The offer is on until the 26th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

No, I'd have to agree with you there. Didn't like them at all. I had one ages ago when they first stocked them, so I can't quite remember what it was I didn't like, only that I refused to eat the second one in the pack and whoever I cooked it for didn't eat it either!

Hah hah! I think I must have plied them onto someone else as well because I don't remember eating the second one, or if I did I must have blocked out that memory!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭jfSDAS

not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet as I'm a first time poster on this particular forum, but saw Tesco offering two items from their Veggieburger range for €3 when I was in their store in Rush tonight (Cheese & Leek "sausages" and Spicy Bean Burger) -- I'm sure the deal extends to their other stores?

john

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thanks John, sounds great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

jfSDAS wrote: »
    not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet as I'm a first time poster on this particular forum, but saw Tesco offering two items from their Veggieburger range for €3 when I was in their store in Rush tonight (Cheese & Leek "sausages" and Spicy Bean Burger) -- I'm sure the deal extends to their other stores?

john

I was in tesco jervis centre today and this wasnt on offer :(

We did pick up some of those Dee's tub meals in dunnes to try while they're at the reduced price (1.99) though.

Also noticed the quorn roasts were only €3 in iceland, a lot of other quorn products have gone up in price recently though :(

And ye I did go into town to eat and then spent the rest of the time looking at food :P

• Advertisement

^i bought one of those meals last week too, the tex mex bean one...delish!! I didn't expect it to be so nice, mostly because I hated Dees burgers. Won't be buying them when they go back up to full price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Baskets of kiwi fruit, bags of carrots and parsnips are €0.22c right now in Lidl (Cork Street at least).

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bambera

Tesco website have Linda sausages €2.59 now €1.50. I'm sure the offer would be in store too.

Also 33% off the tesco vegelious bean burgers (€1.60).

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Tesco have also the frozen quorn range at 3 for 7 euro.
    Quite disappointing to see the price on this deal increased by 1 euro since they last had it in store.
    Still not bad when buying 3 bags of meatballs, but you hardly get any saving if going for the quorn pieces

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah the extra euro made it not worth it, the meatballs are way overpriced anyway.

Those bean burgers are lovely!

Does anyone know of any stores that sell Linda McCartney other than tesco and dunnes? Really want to try sausages from that range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

dee. wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any stores that sell Linda McCartney other than tesco and dunnes? Really want to try sausages from that range.

Superquinn, Hopsack some Centras

Iceland too. Think they are generally that price in there anyway, but may be a 5 pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Eurospar (in Dalkey anyway) tend to have them, but not at that reduced price.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Thanks for posting about the recent deals, especially the Tesco 3 for €7 on frozen Quorn stuff not-so-great deal, people (till end of the April). Also, Iceland seem to be taking the mick at the mo, apart from the Quorn roasts (€4.50) and Linda McCarthy stuff.

Anyhow, Dunnes have Quorn frozen quarterpounders for €2 and frozen bag of sausages for €1.50, also till the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Just to add on to Thoushaltnot's post: Dunnes in Arklow also have Quorn Tuna Style Fishcakes for €1 (2 cakes in a pack) and Quorn Fishless Fingers for €1 (8 in a pack) :)

Don't know if this would be nationwide too.

quorn roasts in tesco are 2.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

New Linda McCartney sausages alert!!!!! 'Italian Style Sausages' now in Tesco at €2.39 a box. We had them for breakfast this morning - fabulous!!!:)

More new products found in Tesco Rathmines today.

Linda McCartney leek and asparagus tarts
    Linda McCartney Tuscan topped chicken style fillets.

Think both are around €3 each.

Very exciting stuff.:)

Had the chicken, quite liked it. Nice little vegetable tomato sauce on top

Got quorn sticky fillets (BBQ flavour) in my local tesco yesterday, they're new in. I usually make my own sauces from scratch but they'll be handy for days when I'm feeling a bit lazy :) haven't tried them yet but they look nice. Also picked up a box of the new Linda McCartney Italian sausages, will be having two for lunch later :D it's so exciting when I see new products in the veggie section. Now if only Dunnes would expand their range too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Steven81

Had the Linda Italian sausages when i was in England last september, absolutely fab so they were so was delighted to see them here. I dont know if they will be permanent but much nicer thn others.

What are the other products like, leek and asparagus looks good on the box anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Had a leek and asparagus tart last night. Pleasant enough, tasted more of egg and leak than asparagus really. Probably wouldn't go out of my way to get it again.

The quorn BBQ fillets and Linda McCartney sausages are so nice, glad I bought them. Has anyone tried the Linda McCartney tuscan chicken style fillets?

• Advertisement

Has anyone tried the Linda McCartney tuscan chicken style fillets?

I have and I really didn't like them. They taste like dog food.:(

Advertisement