Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galway Races 2012 30th July -5th August

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Has the going changed much since the rain, what are they saying it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭maamom

Has the going changed much since the rain, what are they saying it is?

Yielding to soft now. Shouldn't do Rock Critics chances any harm.

maamom wrote: »
    Yielding to soft now. Shouldn't do Rock Critics chances any harm.

It will bring some of the bigger prices into it now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

RTÉ WTF ?

Cut Ted mid off sentence to look at jockeys in slow motion with go to sleep music in the background. :mad:

He must have been swearing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

Any tips for the 18:10 lads?!

• Advertisement

I seem to keep gong for the wrong Weld horses. I may have to resort to just putting a small bet on all his runners.

I am hoping the rain will take, one of three into the reckoning in the 6:40 @ 16s looks like it could be some value?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

following weld blind all week though my smallest stake was
    on his biggest price winner yester
    hoped for more starting off with a 9/2 winner and four more
    to come though breaking even never a bad thing esp at galway

out now must have an outstanding chance in the plate off 10-2
    barry will be down to his absolute mininum to get to that
    plenty of money also for it (7-8/1 in most places)
    id have to have a saver on mr welds runners also in that one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

3.35 Galway

Black Mac 10/1

Black Mac was an extremely impressive winner on his last start over fences off a mark of 96 under front running tactics as he scored with a lot in hand to win by 8L. He's back hurdling tomorrow but the brush hurdles at Galway are slightly like small fences so I don't think he'll have too much of a problem with them. He's racing off a hurdles mark of 102 and if translating his last effort to the smaller obstacles he could prove very hard to beat. It would be great if Carberry, who unfortunately broke his shoulder, was available to take the mount as gave this 10 year old a majestic ride to victory on his last start but Davy Condon is a capable deputy and if attempting to make all I think he could prove difficult to beat on ground that shouldn't pose an issue for the in form Andrew Slattery yard.

4.10 Galway

Capal Dubh Alainn 25/1

William Coleman O'Brien's 7 year old is a horse I've been following for quite a while and although inconsistent over hurdles, he's a horse that I think has more then enough quality about him to defy his current mark of 106. He's winless since January 2010 where he scored a facile success on bottomless ground at Thurles off a mark of 95 but he's shown some pretty decent form since then. In September last year, he put up an excellent 3rd behind Bundle of Fun off a 2lb lower mark at Listowel in a race that has turned out to be very very good form with 3 NTO winners. He hasn't raced over hurdles this year and has had 2 flat runs this year, his reappearance run being an extremely good effort behind some very talented animals. He'll love the testing conditions forecast and Pierce Gallagher, who has plenty of experience riding this gelding, takes off a very handy 5lb. I'm also extremely intrigued that cheekpieces are left off for the first time since June of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 nadasky08

Are the Galway Races streamed live online anywhere other than on the RTE site?

Was looking to see if any bookies were streaming the Galway races cos I was at work this afternoon and found this - http://www.livesport.ie/category/Horse-Racing/How-to-watch-the-Galway-Races-streamed-live-201207270008/

Think all major bookies stream races. I had a Boyles account by needed to place a bet to watch the race. Hope this helps!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 galway8

Anyone have tips for today or Fridays Galway races ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Whats peoples thoughts on the 4:10 Letherbelucky big favourite.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

Slightly drunk out here watching the racing but have to say the amount of fashion segments during the coverage this year has been crazy!

No real build-up to the races at all.

Whatever Jacksays in the next.. will stay the distance and ground wont be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Lexis Boy Fell Brought down by another horse ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25 galway8

Today's ??? Tips, please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

galway8 wrote: »
    Today's ??? Tips, please:)

keep your money in your pocket
    best tip you'll ever get

back all of welds today

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Bozacke

OK – Here are my picks:

5:10 Mic Milano, In The Haven
    5:40 Nurpur, Elleval
    6:15 Raz De Maree, Kyle’s Turn
    6:50 Olympiad, Inis Meain
    7:25 Pale Mimosa, Buckingham Gate
    7:55 Stuccodor, Antiquus
    8:25 Shadow Eile, Notable Graduate

:):):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Is Carlito Brigante running ?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Bozacke

Yes, Carlito Brigante is set to be in the 6:15 and if it's not too wet he's worth a bet.

• Advertisement

Its a non runner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Like the look of Alf Right in the 2.15. Around the 10/1 mark right now, decent E/W claim for me.

Advertisement