Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

hp g70 120ea wont boot

• 01-10-2012 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all

I have an hp g70 120 ea about 3-4 years old. I install a fresh windows 7 last week everything is fine until today when i press the power button fan turns on but cant hear the hdd reading sound and dvd drive. Only led on is the power and thw wifi whicknis color orange. I knowmy battery hasa problem so i tried to remove the battery and power it up using direct ac adaptor. I dont know if the adapator is broken as i can see few leds glowing and fan is moving.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks a lot guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Try holding down power button for 30 seconds, power adaptor must be working, otherwise you,d get no leds,
    I Think you need to leave it in to repair shop.
    try with and without battery in,30 second push power button.
    sounds like a fault in motherboard or loose connection ,to display,plug in vga monitor, press f key turns on vga out,try f5 or f key with square TV monitor, icon,
    Put in a music cd, does drive light acess light come on for 5 seconds .

Some hp laptops , the cable to laptop,screen wears out after a few years .
    unless hd faulty you should,nt normally be able to hear it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Remove the RAM and reseat them.

If still the same, try putting them in one at a time and in different slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

USE a glove or cloth,or antistatic device to hold the ram, otherwise you may damage it.from static charge on your hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tembong

riclad wrote: »
    Try holding down power button for 30 seconds, power adaptor must be working, otherwise you,d get no leds,
    I Think you need to leave it in to repair shop.
    try with and without battery in,30 second push power button.
    sounds like a fault in motherboard or loose connection ,to display,plug in vga monitor, press f key turns on vga out,try f5 or f key with square TV monitor, icon,
    Put in a music cd, does drive light acess light come on for 5 seconds .

Some hp laptops , the cable to laptop,screen wears out after a few years .
    unless hd faulty you should,nt normally be able to hear it

I tried all of these still the same problem. When i turn on laptop i can only hear the fan is on but cant hear hdd drive reading even the dvd drive. I tried my ram and hdd aswell on other laptop and its working fine. My guess is the main board or the video chipset. Dont know if its repairable tho

Advertisement