Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How do you turn safesearch off?

• 01-02-2013 12:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

This is driving me bonkers. How the fluck do you turn this stupid safesearch off? I'm using W7, toshiba laptop, google is my search engine. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Here's how to disable SafeSearch:

Visit the Google Preferences page.
    In the "SafeSearch Filtering" section, uncheck Filter explicit results.
    Click Save Preferences.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

ASJ112 wrote: »
    Here's how to disable SafeSearch:

Visit the Google Preferences page.
    In the "SafeSearch Filtering" section, uncheck Filter explicit results.
    Click Save Preferences.

I did all that, its not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

oh no! clothed women! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Don't use google.com, use google.ie, or images.google.ie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Has google changed this stuff recently!?

There is no way to turn safe search off apart from un-filtering it... in which it still filters results!

It's only apparently on the American google.com that it doesn't work but finding it's the same on it's .ie pages

Bing are probably quite happy about this

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

-=al=- wrote: »
    Has google changed this stuff recently!?

There is no way to turn safe search off apart from un-filtering it... in which it still filters results!

It's only apparently on the American google.com that it doesn't work but finding it's the same on it's .ie pages

Bing are probably quite happy about this

EXACTLY, even the font when you hover over an image has changed. Its happening with all the . endings I try. Bing is right, never really used it but it will be my site of choice from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Google has diluted itself somewhat.. you don't realise until you start using another engine. In my case, I changed by accident, as https://duckduckgo.com/ was the default search engine on the browser of a Linux distro I was trying..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Was reading bout this awhile back...

Google.com now 'censors' explicit content from image searches
    Google changes SafeSearch, forces filtered results on users
    Google search users now have to be a little more specific before receiving goods of an explicit nature. For example, if one were to type in a particular sexual act, Google.com will no longer dish up what one was expecting. If users are more specific in what they are after, then it will return what one expected in the first place.

For instance, searching for "breasts" will retrieve a vast array of clothed results, but a more specific "naked breasts" search term will dish out, well, naked breasts of a more explicit nature. The same goes with pretty much every other explicit term.
    :pac:
    newmug wrote: »
    EXACTLY, even the font when you hover over an image has changed. Its happening with all the . endings I try. Bing is right, never really used it but it will be my site of choice from now on.
    Now this was pissing me off, no url, well there was but it was something like, w*w.google.p0weytpawrh.increase.tgpaowrihug[ioawrt[\IUGT but it's back giving the url on the pic itself now.:)

Advertisement