Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Black Keys - 22nd August 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

How do you know?

Also, Got me ticket today!

Here's the setlists for the majority of their shows, pretty set in stone what to expect come August

http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/the-black-keys-1bd6d1d4.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭ Hendrix Gigantic Bum

That's a pity, I wouldn't mind seeing some variety. Will still enjoy it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

To be honest I first heard of them because of Lonely Boy but having listened to Brothers and Attack and Release countless times at this stage I think they're old stuff is much better. Still working my way back tough.Its a shame it probably wont be played at the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Chavways wrote: »
    To be honest I first heard of them because of Lonely Boy but having listened to Brothers and Attack and Release countless times at this stage I think they're old stuff is much better. Still working my way back tough.Its a shame it probably wont be played at the gig.

Thickfreakness and Rubber Factory, get on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭menu14

Anyone know the timing for this? It says doors at 6.30pm on Tickets but does anyone know the actual times of support act and then the Black Keys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

menu14 wrote: »
    Anyone know the timing for this? It says doors at 6.30pm on Tickets but does anyone know the actual times of support act and then the Black Keys?
    Yeah, wondering about this as well

Also, I presume since this is their own headline gig they'll play more than the 10-15ish songs they've played the festival circuit. Their gig in Toronto was about 20 songs according to this:
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-black-keys/2012/molson-amphitheatre-toronto-on-canada-73dce2b1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stelli

hey,

Can't make black keys concert due to work.:( Have two tickets which are free to whoever would like them...all I ask is that you might make a charitable donation to st vincent de paul or focus ireland.
    Oh And enjoy the concert!

:)

Tickets now gone..hope everyone who is going has a blast!!

stelli wrote: »
    hey,

Can't make black keys concert due to work.:( Have two tickets which are free to whoever would like them...all I ask is that you might make a charitable donation to st vincent de paul or focus ireland.

I already have mine but you are a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stelli

Nah not a hero...I can't go, tickets were given to me as pressie..just thought it might be nice to pass on..and if a charity benefits by even a €5...then all is good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

fair play to you man, would love to have availed of this but picked up my tickets off done deal there yesterday morning.

Looking forward to it now I must say. A pity they dont change their tunes around much tho since the gig I saw in London would have been part of the same tour.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

my only criticism is that the setlist wont change from when i was in london in feb. they havnt changed it up at all.

no 10am automatic:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:mad: their best song
    no set you free:(
    no modern times:(
    no leaving trunk:(
    no keep me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

So what time do people think they will be on stage?

I am heading up from Cork but wont be there till 8. Really hope we dont miss the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Seen them last night and thought they were a bit...dull really. I'd like to see them at a smaller indoor venue though, not sure the great outdoors is for them.

• stelli wrote: »
    hey,

Pm'd

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Pm'd
    Likewise, let the charity bidding war commence

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bugalugs

Do you still have the tickets as I would really love to go.

:)[/Quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jakobgallagher

Beez wrote: »
    So what time do people think they will be on stage?

I am heading up from Cork but wont be there till 8. Really hope we dont miss the start.

Band of skulls are on at eight so you'll be grand, I'd say the black keys will be on around nine fifteen or half but that's just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

9:15 is when black keys are on, only know as a mate who works for aiken just gave me tickets there, says she has a fair few to give away to mates as its a poor seller, should be a good show anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

recyclops wrote: »
    9:15 is when black keys are on, only know as a mate who works for aiken just gave me tickets there, says she has a fair few to give away to mates as its a poor seller, should be a good show anyways

I didn't think Aiken were promoting this gig?

I'd say some of the seats might be curtained off though alright, although MCD said there are only limited tickets left. TM website only throwing tickets up in block N which is right at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

frantic190 wrote: »
    I didn't think Aiken were promoting this gig?

I'd say some of the seats might be curtained off though alright, although MCD said there are only limited tickets left. TM website only throwing tickets up in block N which is right at the back.

It's definitely an MCD gig, says so on the tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

Unsure how she got em them unless its because its in the o2, could be something to do with that, the tickets i got have a pic of the o2 and say aiken and live nation on them :confused::confused:

recyclops wrote: »
    Unsure how she got em them unless its because its in the o2, could be something to do with that, the tickets i got have a pic of the o2 and say aiken and live nation on them :confused::confused:

Not sure, just make sure they are real!

Can't wait for this tonight :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Fantastic show, really enjoyed it

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

That was unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

Savage gig. They gave it way more socks than last time I saw them, and the crowd was fantastic. Right up the front, and everyone was pogoing, moshing and singing along.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Unreal.

It made my day when they played Strange Times.I didn't even think it was on the setlist for the tour.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What was the turn out like?

That was unbelievably good.

8331a440ecaf11e1b10e123138204060_7.jpg

• Advertisement

What was the turn out like?

Standing was packed as far as I could see but I was up near the front so not sure.There was a lot of empty seats in the sides though.

Advertisement