Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Club Finals online?

• 17-03-2012 6:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello and a Happy St Patricks Day to all!

I live in Moscow and was hoping to watch the two games in an Irish bar today but all TVs will be showing the 6 nations I've been told. Anybody happen to know where I could watch a live stream?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

Well there's always the TG4 player on the website.

http://www.tg4.ie/en/tg4-player/tg4-player.html

I suspect if you're outside of Ireland you may need a proxy to watch it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Yeah TG4 player doesn't work outside Ireland and you won't find a working Irish proxy... I'm going to say with 99% certainty that we won't get to see the game. I even tried setting up a PC back in Ireland as a proxy server that I probably would have given a few people access to but I couldn't get it to work :mad:.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Folks,

There has been a new law passed in Ireland which means that websites can be held responsible for the content that is shared, encouraging people to by-pass copyright protection by looking for "irish proxy server" in google to allow them to watch "Geo-locked" content, that is content that is only viewable by people from a specific country.

Please do not ask for streams or any sites on the forums here, this unfortunately is against Irish law. I don't have any visibility of any discussions over PM though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭forfcksake

can you watch aertv.ie outside Ireland? it will be on that if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Beagslife

As far as I know, even if you have the TG4 player and it's content available, you won't see the GAA games. They are not shown online, even in Ireland. You will need to seek out a friendly Irish bar or a friend with Irish Sky.

You'd think the GAA would want as many of us, who live outside of Ireland, as possible tuning in to watch these club showcase games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

Edit: maybe shouldn't have said that after the mods comment above. Basically, unblock-us works for RTÉ!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cross won the replay today on a scoreline of 2-19 v 1-7 - again on TG4.

They were 10 up at ht.

Thoroughly professional win by Cross. Result was never really in any doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

One of the great achievements in modern GAA was made today when Crossmaglen Rangers won their second set of back-to-back All Ireland Club Titles, bringing their total to six. Oisin McConville and Paul Hearty have six medals each, with Oisin being arguably the single greatest club player of all time.

In light of such events, it's disappointing to see so little comment here.

Congratulations to Rangers - my own Club, Armagh Harps, are up next for them in the first round of the Armagh Championship. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Magnificent performance today by Crossmaglen Rangers. Gaelic football played right is a pleasure to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 bcb1

One of the great achievements in modern GAA was made today when Crossmaglen Rangers won their second set of back-to-back All Ireland Club Titles, bringing their total to six. Oisin McConville and Paul Hearty have six medals each, with Oisin being arguably the single greatest club player of all time.

In light of such events, it's disappointing to see so little comment here.

Congratulations to Rangers - my own Club, Armagh Harps, are up next for them in the first round of the Armagh Championship. :(

Trust me we are not a it bothered who comments!!!! I have to say, and this is putting personal bias aside, that yesterday was he best performance of football I have ever seen from any team at senior level. It was football played the proper way, simple and fast, and every manager should use it as a template in how to play the game. They won't though and come July and August there will be the usual hand wringing and teeth grinding about the quality of the game being played. I don't care, I just hope our boys don't do what we did back in the other good old days and rest on their laurels. There are even greater levels of greatness for this team waiting on the horizon:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Beagslife

ardmacha wrote: »
    Magnificent performance today by Crossmaglen Rangers. Gaelic football played right is a pleasure to watch.

Just a pity the GAA won't do more, to allow those of us outside of Ireland to watch the games.

Congratulations again to Cross on a fantastic record.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Emmet Ryan

Fantastic performance from Cross. They learnt what went wrong the last time out and flipped the script in Breffni Park. I've written up some tactical analysis for anyone interested http://action81.com/blog/?p=5662

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ogrish

irish proxy not work , you can use irish vpn will help you bypass the geo-block

Advertisement