Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I can't even log in? :(

Sticking with Lewandowski anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

carlcon wrote: »
    It takes a brave soul to have 2 defensive players from Denmark, who have to compete with the German, Dutch, and Portuguese strike-forces.

You were saying?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

So when to use the WC? Before the start of Gw2? Or between GW2 and 3? Perhaps save for the semi final?

before gw2 advantages - Spain, France, Czechs, Italy and Portugal have 'on paper' easier fixtures - although after the first round of games, Czechs, Italy and Portugal perhaps arent easier
    Between gw 2 and gw 3 advantages - have a better idea of whos qualified/out/have something to play for and be able to pick a team accordingly
    Semi Final round advantage - get to pick a full team from only the 4 teams remaining, most likely also have a full team, or nearly full for the final gw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

nua domhan wrote: »
    You were saying?? ;)

I stand by what I said. It did indeed take a brave soul to have 2 Danish defenders in that group. Bravery, however, paid off this round. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭nua domhan

carlcon wrote: »
    I stand by what I said. It did indeed take a brave soul to have 2 Danish defenders in that group. Bravery, however, paid off this round. Fair play.

Unfortunately for me i followed your advice and transfered them out :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Right Ibrahimovic hattrick Yarmolenkox2 please

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Should have kept the captaincy on Lewandowski in hindsight

It all rests on Martin Olsson now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Very nice start. 64 points even with Szczesny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

I only have 38 points, but I'm not very good at these type of things.

4th in the league with my friends. I would be top if my genius keeper didn't get sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

My Group C & D choices were all 2 point duds, Group B wasnt great either and my captain choices didnt work. Still though 50 points isnt bad at all

Thinking of using my wildcard now, anyone see must have players?

Arshavin & Dzagoev are probably the best Russian players to have.

• Advertisement

Surely Pav has earned himself a starting place for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

WC played. Pretty happy with my 1st week. 46pts is really good I think considering my captain got 1pt! So that's 45 without the captain bonus (I'd imagine few would have gotten over 50 without captain bonus but it shows the advantage of a good pick) and my keeper scored -2pt!

Shevchenko came good right at the end of the gw! Legend. Transferred him out now though. Ignored Germany and Netherlands players. Hope Russia go all out again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Think I will need to drop Dunne for the rest of the tournament - any ideas on who to replace him with? He's valued at 5.0 and my current back row looks like:

Strinic (4.0)
    Evra (6.0)
    Dunne (5.0)
    Zhirkov (6.0)
    K. Papadopolous (4.5)

I can't see him raking in the points against Spain and Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

anyone see any problems with this team? or people injured/not starting or even some obvious changes i should make

11111.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

darego wrote: »
    anyone see any problems with this team? or people injured/not starting or even some obvious changes i should make

11111.png

K. Papadoupoulos didn't start last game. He came on for his injured namesake. Not sure if he's still injured or not, but just throwing that out there - worth looking up.

Then Fabregas' starting position is up in the air. If Spain start without a striker again, you're flying... but if they start one this time, Fab is the one who'll be replaced, almost certainly.

Otherwise, a good balance of bargains and top players. Only big decision to make today is which Russian to captain. :)

cheers

there's no decent replacements for fabregas that i can think off at the min. Papastathopoulos is suspended for greece so he should start fingerscrossed

i just seen Maniatis started in midfield for greece and he is down as a 4.. defender. much better than Papa but will he start midfield again?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Jesus that some start for Cech and the boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

my captain has a goal already....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

2 goals in 2 games for Pilar!! My best bargain at 5.0m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Gutted i didn't go with Dzagoev now. Had the option to swap Terry and Shirokov for Lescott and Dzagoev and didn't do it

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭IRA 1916

I just joined the league, will my points that I have already be included or will I start from zero?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

IRA 1916 wrote: »
    I just joined the league, will my points that I have already be included or will I start from zero?

Start from zero

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭IRA 1916

thunderdog wrote: »
    Start from zero

Ah bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Start from zero

In the mcdonalds game? No he wont, he'll have all his points so far

beglee wrote: »
    In the mcdonalds game? No he wont, he'll have all his points so far

No, he won't. He'll start from zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

whats the name of your team IRA 1916. just want to prove my point, that once you are in a league, all your points are included from when the league started scoring, not from when you entered the league

beglee wrote: »
    whats the name of your team IRA 1916. just want to prove my point, that once you are in a league, all your points are included from when the league started scoring, not from when you entered the league

Two of my friends joined our private league and only their points from this gameweek have counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Yeah same as BKC a friend of mine joined league this week and is starting from zero. But actually thinking about it I'm not 100% sure he had entered a team before the deadline last week so you might be right beglee

• Advertisement

Yeah same as BKC a friend of mine joined league this week and is starting from zero. But actually thinking about it I'm not 100% sure he had entered a team before the deadline last week so you might be right beglee

Actually, yeah that's a possibility alright. Never thought of that.

Advertisement