Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] - Megabitch Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I really enjoy Kill Confirmed as a game mode, but for f*ck sake why do I seem to end up on the team with no interest in getting the tags. I get it if they don't wanna run into a wide open space for one cause they'd likely get mowed down, but if you run straight past them it's no help.

Also, I hate Fallen so much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Same. Fallen and Downturn are horrible. Then there's the dlc after that.
    I next to never wind up in Downturn, people seem to agree it's crap. Fallen shows up altogether too often though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Denny M wrote: »
    I really enjoy Kill Confirmed as a game mode, but for f*ck sake why do I seem to end up on the team with no interest in getting the tags. I get it if they don't wanna run into a wide open space for one cause they'd likely get mowed down, but if you run straight past them it's no help.

Also, I hate Fallen so much.

KC on the new map liberation is the most boring game type!
    nothing but snipers sitting in bushes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

MiCr0 wrote: »

KC on the new map liberation is the most boring game type!
    nothing but snipers sitting in bushes

Hehe bushes :D

Clocked up 11 days. Gets called a fatty :(

Silly mobile boards, I almost reported your post instead of replying.

Something along the lines of "stupid prestige... I miss the mp7.... I'll be crying into my laptop screen... Retarded..."

That would have been a funny report to read :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

They took out mosh pit!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 chucktesta

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllly wish they did more night/dusk maps in cod! Thats be cool.

out of curioisity could they ever have it where maps fluctuate between night and day or rain and clear skies or would they have to actually design the same map but instead of day its night? even that could keep your interest for so much longer..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

chucktesta wrote: »
    I reaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllly wish they did more night/dusk maps in cod! Thats be cool.

out of curioisity could they ever have it where maps fluctuate between night and day or rain and clear skies or would they have to actually design the same map but instead of day its night? even that could keep your interest for so much longer..

Think they done it on world at war, Makin day an makin night, can't remember which but the tide was out on one and in on the other..

Oh how I loved that game..

Can't remember which was released as dlc either...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Frustrating night, so many Blind Eye, Assassin and Marksman martyrdom dropping muppets sitting in corners in their own spawn. One guy with a Type 95 (still not sorted out) tac inserting in his own spawn when his team were getting a kicking. :confused:

Cossax wrote: »
    Frustrating night, so many Blind Eye, Assassin and Marksman martyrdom dropping muppets sitting in corners in their own spawn. One guy with a Type 95 (still not sorted out) tac inserting in his own spawn when his team were getting a kicking. :confused:

Like a bawz :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

playing a game of search last night, game is 3-3 on seatown, 1 idiot left on our team, 2 on the other, he is out on the walk way that looks towards a and c, sees a guy, begins spinning with his sniper rifle, sparks his tac insert, quickly swaps back to sniper, spins while he jumps, lands an gets stabbed,

Well thank you for being a Feckin retard...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I try playing but I just can't ....it's fúckin awful...from the crap graphics to the same **** over and over again I just can't play the stupid game..
    Compared to BF3 the graphics on COD are like something my 3 year niece drew with crayons...
    MW2 looked way better than this so how are they progressively making the COD series look worse?
    I loved the COD series..playing it since COD1 and COD:UO /COD4 were the pinnacle of it...pity:(
    Ah well back to COD4 and BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Balfie wrote: »
    Think they done it on world at war, Makin day an makin night, can't remember which but the tide was out on one and in on the other..

Oh how I loved that game..

Can't remember which was released as dlc either...

Makin night was part of the original MP maps and the tide was in. Makin day the tide was out and was added as a free DLC along with Upheaval and Roundtower (?) if my memory serves me right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Makin night was part of the original MP maps and the tide was in. Makin day the tide was out and was added as a free DLC along with Upheaval and Roundtower (?) if my memory serves me right!

That would be roundhouse. Hard to play this when it's 10 pts a kill. Plus it bugged to the eyeballs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

playing a game of search last night, game is 3-3 on seatown, 1 idiot left on our team, 2 on the other, he is out on the walk way that looks towards a and c, sees a guy, begins spinning with his sniper rifle, sparks his tac insert, quickly swaps back to sniper, spins while he jumps, lands an gets stabbed,

Well thank you for being a Feckin retard...

you mean a yy fakie tac inserty 360 no scope? Would of been so cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,442 ✭✭✭✭klose

Got killed by the dragunov for the first time the other day, forgot that gun was even in the game! Must have been some hipster

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Wow, got killed a number of times by the worst camper I've ever seen. Sitting in the most inconspicuous places beside the 1 FLAG his team had and not bothering to move an inch. This guy had no intention of moving anywhere out in the open other than running from the spawn to the nearest bush to lurk in :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It's a topic as old as multiplayer gaming but how can people enjoy camping?
    I can't stand still for 3 seconds in this game.

I accept sniping will always have an element of what you might call camping but crouching in a dark corner with an AR? I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

JPA wrote: »
    It's a topic as old as multiplayer gaming but how can people enjoy camping?
    I can't stand still for 3 seconds in this game.

I accept sniping will always have an element of what you might call camping but crouching in a dark corner with an AR? I don't get it.

I hate camping as much as anyone, staying in one spot is boring as hell for me, but when i first started playing online(Not CoD), i'd say i camped something serious. Online MP was very new then and i was only 12 or 13.. just playing online and getting a couple of kills was really exciting, camping or not.

Getting killed by a camper might be annoying but sure as long as they're enjoying it, i can't really complain. Someone who "patrols" a small area with their high killstreaks is more annoying to me than someone whos hiding in the corner because they new to the game or just suck in general.... so much worse imo.. but thats just me. If i see people like this on my team, im usually hoping they end up on the other team... just so i can ruin their game by pooping on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Magill wrote: »
    Someone who "patrols" a small area

That's basically how I play, take a 1/4 of the map and make it my bitch :p

• Advertisement

That's basically how I play, take a 1/4 of the map and make it my bitch :p

Evolution of a camper i guess, Corner > Room > Small part of the map. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ah come on, controlling 1/4 of a map (even the smallest ones on MW3) is hardly camping. To me it's, in a corner, behind a bin etc., in a room etc

suppose it's all based on opinion... Whenever I die I shout "camping prïck" no matter where or how I die :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Not 'patrolling' key areas of a map is idiotic and will make you lose

By patrolling an area.. im not talking about patrolling A + B or C + B, im talking about say patrolling a building, or a few rooms. 1/4 in some maps is a decent size... i donno how people can stick to it for a full game without being bored silly (Unless ofc they're new to the game or suck etc etc). But thats just me... i tend to not have any strategy for maps on CoD, you don't need it when its such a simple game imo.

I think most people have that kneejerk reaction when they die PAM :P I know a lot of people used to go mad when someone killed them with ghost, even if we hadn't got a UAV up... one incident.. someone had just complained that the other team was full of ghost users right at the end of the match.. killcam was his.. and guess what.. he'd ghost on ! Made me laugh.

I'd rather ''patrol'' the whole map an die 15000 times than sit or ''patrol'' the one area an pick up a few bitcch kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Was playing a game of dom on arkaden tonight and 1 guy on the other team sat up in a corner on the steps behind A for the entire game, i really dunno how some people do it, that would bore me to tears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'd rather ''patrol'' the whole map an die 15000 times than sit or ''patrol'' the one area an pick up a few bitcch kills.

Good for you, dying 15000 times just doesn't appeal to me but you probably get used to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The f**king worst thing about camping is people calling it on people who aren't actually camping.

I think the definition might differ slightly from person to person but I suspect the overall idea is someone who
    a) is crouched down or not moving
    b) has no intention on playing the objective (i.e. in Dom, of capping a flag) regardless of whether they are losing
    c) is aiming down sights

Patrolling an area is clearly none of the above!!

IPAM, doc etc would tend to play DOM (mostly I'd say because I play in parties with them, but they can correct me if I'm wrong). It makes perfect sense to look after certain areas, ie. between A&B etc. and make them your b*tch!

(One of my problems is that I tend to run like a lunatic around the map depending on what flags are in danger, something I should really curb as I get mowed down alot..)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

An example is on Hardhat last night,according to Balfie's definition I would be camping.

I went between A-C in the general area because I know that's where they spawn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I don't see how patrolling areas is camping in any form ,since you have to be constantly moving to avoid revenge deaths.practically all of us that play dom do it, thats what working as a team is. If we all ran all over the shop , we'd barely win a game. Using mission as an example, 2 normally patrol around the b flag while there's 1 on either side of the map and maybe the other 2 either around c flag or pushed far up by the a flag.It means you can control the map effectively and communicate to the rest of the team where enemies are.If you want to win ,its how you play as a team. Played a game of dom on mission yesterday where the tactic was run all over the shop with one or two players basically doing their own thing(not boardsies). Basically ended up getting raped cause the other team were organized and a few on our team were not.
    Its not spawn trapping and its not camping, its defending the captured areas and playing the objective the best type of way to secure a win.

Advertisement