Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awake [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've only seen as far as episode 4 but even though it's cancelled, I'll probably keep watching and hope they wrap things up, which I doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

DeWitt wrote: »
    Bummer. :( The latest episode was one of the best yet in terms of the conspiracy plotline.
    I guess there's little or no hope that it will be wrapped up properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so they are not going to air the last ep, it seemed to put alot of the conspiracy into ep 12 which should have put more if in the earlier eps

eta: oh last ep is next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

so they are not going to air the last ep,
    ??? Where'd you read that?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,756 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Kyle Killen was of the opinion it was still airing, as of last week, anyways:
    Thx for watching east coast (all 35 of you). sorry for clogging your timelines. until next week! And then never again!

• Advertisement

Jesus Twitter must be the most annoying thing ever - why are confusing, half conversations so popular? :confused:
    Meh, it'll probably float on the stock market next week to great fanfare and then promptly lose billions.

Sorry for the O/T. :o

At least with Awake they seem to be trying to bring some kind of closure even if it looks terribly rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

It is still on NBC's schedule so I imagine it will air as normal. Disappointed it has been cancelled but at least some answers have been provided.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

finale thoughts.....off to watch.

So they went for a
    Bobby Ewing in the shower
    type ending.
    I'm less sorry that it's been cancelled now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Seriously? Jesus....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Dreadful ending. Even hard to describe in words how bad a ending this was, people should avoid watching this show.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    So they went for a
    Bobby Ewing in the shower
    type ending.
    I'm less sorry that it's been cancelled now.

Yup.....they pulled a Bobby Ewing! :D

LOL!....i was HOPING they would settle that the greenverse was real and the wife was dead, but no! :rolleyes:

Both were all a dream....so what?, the previous 12 episodes never happened?, no conspiracy?

Ultra poor series overall that deserved cancellation.

Some are speculating he created a thirdverse where his son and wife are alive, he does close his eyes in the final seconds............?

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3205536&st=885

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Simi

I could have lived with the reality containing his son as being the real one. But that... words fail me. God awful ending to what was a decent enough show.

If they wanted to go with both realities being fake, thus the entire series being a completely irrelevant, why couldn't he have been in a coma since the accident and woken up in the last few seconds of the show, to both his wife and son being alive. There, I just came up with a (marginally) better ending in about 10 seconds!

^ when he walks into the kitchen to his wife and son, it's the morning BEFORE the accident....which takes place later that night, he's driving home from regisration for his son + this new verse is not red or green + no armbands.

Simi wrote: »
    I could have lived with the reality containing his son as being the real one. But that... words fail me. God awful ending to what was a decent enough show.

If they wanted to go with both realities being fake, thus the entire series being a completely irrelevant, why couldn't he have been in a coma since the accident and woken up in the last few seconds of the show, to both his wife and son being alive. There, I just came up with a (marginally) better ending in about 10 seconds!

That tallies with the speculation, if none of it happened what was the point of the series?, thus the creation of a third reality where both his son and wife are alive. Ergo he must as you say be dead, dieing or in a coma in reality.

If it was all a dream then the entire 13 episodes were for nothing.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/awake-series-finale-interview-with-creator-kyle-killen
    We arrived right where we intended to go. How we got there was very different. We took a lot of twists and turns, and frankly did some episodes that varied dramatically from the formula that we ultimately thought was effective. We just tried a lot of things on. But the end of the first season is as was pitched before there was a show. It didn't have anything to do with being canceled or having to do a quick wrap-up. This is where it was always intended to go.

I thought the ending was a rush job to attempt to tie up loose ends after the show got cancelled but it appears they always intended it to end this way?
    Yikes!! :eek:

well he solved the mystery so then he saved his family but it all came down to remembering the other cop

http://tvline.com/2012/05/25/awake-season-series-finale-review-questions-answered/

TVLINE | Obviously there has been much speculation about what the heck we watched last night. Will you go so far as to say that it was not all a dream? That there was a car accident?
    I’ve seen some really interesting [theories], and I wouldn’t say that anyone is wrong — except the people who are calling it a Dallas or a Newhart, any variation on “…and then he woke up.” That is absolutely not what we intended. If you watch the last few minutes again, I’m not sure what the argument for that [interpretation] even is. I suppose there’s the überpossibility that he’s in a coma and now having a third dream in the coma, but in no way should it be interpreted as, “He woke up and his family was fine. He’d just been having two nightmares.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Great show. If anyone reads come to this thread with the intention of finding out if they should watch, take this post as an affirmative. You ought.

• Advertisement

Best and most clear cut post finale interview yet, Killeen is very clear and explanatory....well worth the read: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/26/awake-finale-kyle-killen-burning-questions/

Best and most clear cut post finale interview yet, Killeen is very clear and explanatory....well worth the read: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/26/awake-finale-kyle-killen-burning-questions/

so the green world was real the one with female shrink, *throws hand up* so so what?

asking for an emmy for isaacs shows how this show was over dependent on him

another show where the creator one minute says he has the whole planned out the next no plan.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

great show,really enjoying it,how many episodes are in this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

great show,really enjoying it,how many episodes are in this season?

Shame it didn't get renewed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shame it didn't get renewed.

so no season 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

so no season 2?

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I can't believe people who thought it was a poor ending. To me it was obvious that this was a third universe where he lived with bot Rex and Hannah.

It's laid out that you can take from the ending what you want, much akin to Inception. I guess some people just like to think they are too smart for the show. I have to say I really enjoyed from start to finish.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

They upped the ante in the last few episodes and Issacs (Hello, Jason) upped his game as well. I can't think of anything too negative to say, or even minor negativities.

Advertisement