Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Mustard?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Bought a paprika flavoured mustard in France this summer- brilliant stuff- quite hot on the mustard scale but full of flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Arkana

Well - the 'purists' would now ask, whether a 'paprika flavoured' mustard is still a 'real' mustard (which should contain only mustard seed and no other spices)...
    If I combine my favourite Löwensenf with Tabasco and Sambal Badjak, I probably gain a substance which is able to dissolve Titanium...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

really people...mustard! this is devil spawn and looks worse then runny diarrhea !!! it is gross and totaly vile!!!

lets sing in unison "DOWN WITH MUSTARD! DOWN WITH MUSTARD!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Shiloh Young Windowsill

BUMP!...

:D

dara95 wrote: »
    really people...mustard! this is devil spawn and looks worse then runny diarrhea !!! it is gross and totaly vile!!!

lets sing in unison "DOWN WITH MUSTARD! DOWN WITH MUSTARD!"

I'd like to feed you with a teaspoon of my above mentioned mixture... I bet after that you are no longer able to sing...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Where is Dalky mustard. Its the mustard with White wine and its fabbbbbbb

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cheapskate

Hi,

I can't believe that there is a thread on Mustard but seen as I'm here - Colmans original

What did the english ever do for us.... eh well they do make fine mustard, Roads, canals, architecture... Yea but!

You just can't beat a Hang Sangidge (sorry Unbelieveables) with country butter and a smear of mustard, ah the memories of youth and saving the hay!

CS

Dijon isn't mustard! Period

Where is Dalky mustard. Its the mustard with White wine and its fabbbbbbb

You are not by accident an alcoholic?? :D

cheapskate wrote: »
    Hi,
    I can't believe that there is a thread on Mustard but seen as I'm here - Colmans original
    What did the english ever do for us.... eh well they do make fine mustard, Roads, canals, architecture... Yea but!
    You just can't beat a Hang Sangidge (sorry Unbelieveables) with country butter and a smear of mustard, ah the memories of youth and saving the hay!
    CS
    Dijon isn't mustard! Period

Well - now you believe... seeing is believing, isn't it?
    The English did rarely something good for anybody - they are just like a bunch of cancer swellings on the surface of the world, some of them harmless, many of them malevolent (see Irish history).
    They never where able to produce anything good (despite gothic novels!), neither mustard, nor roads, canals, not even quality architecture - compared to German standards.
    And Dijon, real, not copied Dijon, is rank 2 on my personal mustard scale...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Arkana wrote: »
    You are not by accident an alcoholic?? :D

Very good. Glad to see the wit... Unfor the alchol is boiled off in the manufacturing process. Pity

• Advertisement

Well - that's the law of physics... but you can add some nice Irish Whiskey afterwards - and stirr thoroughly...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

Lakeshore,well tis Oirish;)

A whiskey I don't know?? Please educate me!

Go raibh maith agat!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

After I boil the ham at Christmas I take the skin off, then I sprinkle the powdered Colman's Mustard on the fat, them some brown sugar and cloves and finally some breadcrumbs and pop it into the oven at a low heat for twenty minutes or so, it's really nice.

When I make lasagne I always put plenty of mustard powder in the bechamel (cheese) sause.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

English most definatly.

We had this already.
    My rough answer - but it is only MY opinion!! - :
    Too much sugar (and there IS loads of sugar in English Mustard, like in almost every 'modern' processed food!) is not good for you and spoils your taste. Well, we see the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cloudsteph

Nothing quite like lamb chops coated in some English mustard and left to 'marinade' for a while before being pan-fried. Oh yum...

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭cat_rant

Lakeshore wholegrain mustard on a wedge of home cooked ham on sliced vienna with spinach.... this isn't just food this is ****ing awesome food :)

I do love a bit of english also... but if you really want to raise the hairs on the back of your nasal passages you need horse radish sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Holopimp

Coleman's English mustard all the way

YAK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

Quite enjoyed Pat Mustard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭johnl

Where is the option for Finnish mustard?!?!
    Turun sinappi is the best in the world...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

I voted for the German mustards! Generally not too spicy, and often with the nicest, and most unusual textures! Löwensenf is my personal favourite, albeit an obvious and popular choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

french mustard all the way love it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ajkc85

What about whole grain mustard? Eh???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

English Mustard and Coleman's in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ipad

american mustard, gorgeous !

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

On my sandwich: Dijon
    On my burger: American
    On my hotdog: Lakeshore Strong Irish Mustard
    In sauces: American or Dijon

Against bad taste even gods are fighting in vain...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 chriscross1

frenches american is the one and only mustard