Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student interviews?

• 19-03-2012 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if applying mature students are being called for interviews yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

Hi Captain. I'm waiting to hear about the mature student interviews for Sligo IT too. All I know is that they are suppose to take place the last week of April to first week of May. I guess the letters will go out a couple of weeks before that. Please let us know on this board if you do hear anything. Thanks and good luck :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I will, guess I took them up wrong - thought it was end of march/start of april.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Gipo3

I would guess that the interviews will be held first two weeks of april(easter holidays).

Spoke to Sligo IT today - the mature student interview letters will be going out in the next week or two. Fingers crossed :).

• Registered Users Posts: 32 HollyRichter

Hey Captain:)
    I received my letter for an interview yesterday for the psychoogy course...so nervous.
    Did you hear anything yet?

• Advertisement

Got an email this afternoon, interview at the end of the month!

Best of luck!

Got an email this morning inviting me to an interview. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 thelongwait08

Hi Guys,
    What course have ye all down as your first choice for your interview,

scoob70 wrote: »
    Got an email this morning inviting me to an interview. :D
    Well done...are you psychology in TCD aswell?

best of luck with the interview holly,

any idea what will be asked in the interview, i sat my LC in 2005 but am really focused about the return to education, are you employed at the moment, do you know much about what benefits are available for mature students these days

• Advertisement

I've mechanical engineering down as my first choice and mechatronics down as my second.

A good resource for mature students is http://www.maturestudents.ie/

Cheers mate ive sent them an email asking for information, do you know what your entitlements will be when you start, are you working at the moment

Cheers...do you have an interview for TCD too, what course?
    I sat my LC in 2006 and have done alot travelling since then, totally ready to go back now, just needed some time to do other stuff before starting college, best decision I ever made:)
    As far as I know they ask things like what got you interested in the subject, how will you fund yourself, how will you manage the workload etc... but that's just going on what I have heard, I'm sure it varies for each course. I am so nervous, means so much to me to get this place but I am delighted to get called even, that's an achievement in itself I think:)
    I don't work atm as I wont get BTEA if I take a full time job, ridiculous really...don't know too much about the mature student funding but I will be getting BTEA and hopefully a student loan...now I just need to get in lol

hmm how will i fund it, well to be perfectly honest i really have no idea, a part time job is hard to find and i will be moving over from london provided i get the course, but i wont have worked in ireland since august 2011 i wonder will that stand to me at all ?

hmm how will i fund it, well to be perfectly honest i really have no idea, a part time job is hard to find and i will be moving over from london provided i get the course, but i wont have worked in ireland since august 2011 i wonder will that stand to me at all ?

Not too sure what way it works tbh, I think to qualify for BTEA you need to be on job seekers allowance for 12 months, that's why I can't get a job. You should qualify for a grant though so I'm sure you will be ok. There is a website, I think it's called studentfinance.ie that has lots of info about it. When is your interview?

Was anyone in yesterday or today? How'd ye get on?
    Big thanks to the passerby who wished me luck :D

Hey Captain,

I had my interview tuesday, think it went quite well:)....how about you?
    Do you know how long before they let us know?

Within a month, I was told. I think mine went well as well, I was happy coming out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Best of luck guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Within a month, I was told. I think mine went well as well, I was happy coming out!

I think you should hear by the end of May and the offer will come from the CAO in early July.

Good luck everyone.

• Advertisement

Had my interview yesterday and it went well - I think. Notification will be by letter in 3 weeks time. Fingers crossed for all on this thread :).

Has anyone heard if they've got in yet?

Nothing yet, will they let us know either way?

I assume so Captain. I applied to a different IT as a mature student last year and didn't get on the course but they still sent me a letter to say I hadn't got on and why, which was helpful :).

But disappointing!

I'm getting antsy now, just want to know where I stand!

I received 2 letters today, both in reference to the 2 courses I applied for there. They're near identical and both start with "thank you for choosing xxx......" and end with "I wish you well with your career and look forward to welcoming you to the Institute"

Is this an acceptance letter? :confused:

Mmmm - that's odd. Could be just an admin error but with both letters ending in ...... welcoming you to the institute, it sounds good news to me. But I'd ring on Monday and just ask and they'll clear it up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I received 2 letters today, both in reference to the 2 courses I applied for there. They're near identical and both start with "thank you for choosing xxx......" and end with "I wish you well with your career and look forward to welcoming you to the Institute"

Is this an acceptance letter? :confused:

You might be successfull for both courses, the one you get depends on the order you put them in the CAO system.

When interviewed you were probably interviewed against all your CAO choices.

Just make sure you have the courses in the correct order in the CAO as you will only be offered your highest successful course at L7 and your highest course at L8.

Ah, they were both in the same vein so that might explain it. I'm gonna give a ring next week just to clarify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I got same last year for the courses I went for. One more exam to go before summer... :cool:

Advertisement