Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenge [** Spoilers **] ABC - US

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Too long of breaks between episodes! Next episode isnt for weeks!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So is Aidan really Victoria's son?

No I dont think so
    . I think its Nolan!

• Raf32 wrote: »
    Too long of breaks between episodes! Next episode isnt for weeks!

Very true. Gas thing is its more compressed then series 1.

32 weeks between the start and finish of the series vs 35 weeks span in season 1.

It drives me mad to watch a US series tbh having all the stop-starts and tbh i was having trouble staying with Season 2 up to now.

Ive a feeling
    David Clarke is probably part of this initiative when all will be revealed whenever this show will end AND he'll be still alive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

MAJOR SPOILERS for the season 2 finale - YOU ARE WARNED!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/04/revenge-season-2-finale-major-spoiler.html

Guaranteed a third season btw, its down on last season but still pulls in strong numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

MAJOR SPOILERS for the season 2 finale - YOU ARE WARNED!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/04/revenge-season-2-finale-major-spoiler.html

Guaranteed a third season btw, its down on last season but still pulls in strong numbers.
    Ashley or Daniel to die
    would be my guess

• Advertisement

:eek: showrunner/creator/producer stepping down......i think alot of people have said this about Revenge, 22 episode seasons are way too much and season 2 has suffered alot:

I hear Kelley, who created the cult CBS drama Swing Town before taking a crack at a female-driven contemporary take on The Count Of Monte Cristo with Revenge, had been lobbying for shorter seasons for the heavily serialized drama. From the get-go, he had argued with ABC and ABC Studios that Revenge was much better suited for cable-style orders instead of the standard broadcast 22-episode seasons. After a fast start, Revenge was moved into the high-profile Sunday 9 PM slot last fall though it has been uneven creatively. I hear the pressure to churn out 22 episodes a season while maintaining the quality has taken a toll, sometime causing tension on the set and ultimately leading to Kelley’s decision to move on. He just informed ABCS and the Revenge cast of his decision. “Mike Kelley created a distinctive series for our studio and network with tremendous passion and dedication,” said ABC Studios EVP Barry Jossen. “We wish him all the best as he moves on to his next television achievement.”

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/revenge-mike-kelley-creator-leaving-show-abc/

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

thought i would never say this but im finding Revenge boring now. there was more action last season, now its like more of the same.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Kirby wrote: »

This show has definitely jumped the shark at this stage. It should have been a one season show. Woman shows up, systematically destroys rich family. It would have worked well.
    But in an effort to draw it out, we have ridiculous shadow organisations, magic computer programs that work on anything, mysterious syblings popping up from nowhere.etc.. I mean emily has been farting around at this stage. Whens the last time she actually DID somethinto the graysons?

Somebody that bitter and seething wouldnt just stay living there indefinitely having tea with these people.
    :eek: showrunner/creator/producer stepping down

From the get-go, he had argued with ABC and ABC Studios that Revenge was much better suited for cable-style orders instead of the standard broadcast 22-episode seasons.

Posts feelings on show. Finds out show creator agrees with him. Mind is blown. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aSligoDub

I think they overestimated how much folk care about these caracters.

Last season, you were getting bang for your buck each episode. It was that brainless payoff that i tuned in for.
    This season is more like a day time soap where nothing really happens.
    I couldnt care less about obvious time filler; Jack and his vendetta, Nolan and his angst re Padma, Eli and his revenge, the falcon, the initiative, aidan and his dead sister (got over that sharpish)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

The show creator bailing is a really big deal. I understand completely where he's coming from and wish him well. American networks are brutal for putting longevity and profits before the writer's wishes.

• Advertisement

aSligoDub wrote: »
    I think they overestimated how much folk care about these caracters.

Last season, you were getting bang for your buck each episode. It was that brainless payoff that i tuned in for.
    This season is more like a day time soap where nothing really happens.
    I couldnt care less about obvious time filler; Jack and his vendetta, Nolan and his angst re Padma, Eli and his revenge, the falcon, the initiative, aidan and his dead sister (got over that sharpish)

Th eoriginal takedown-of-the-week was brilliant tv!....they way Emily took down those guys in those first few episodes was brilliant. But then it got a back order.....they changed the killing of Daniel, first mistake....then stretched things out.

I think many us said at the start it should have ben a one season and done deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

Agree with everyone re s2, it seemed like it took more of an effort to watch, even now I don't think it would bother me if I didn't see the last few episodes of the season

Yes it is becoming more far fetched this season like Prison Break as another poster pointed it out :p but yet I'm still watching :o

great episode last night, similar to season 1! Looking forward to season finale in two weeks now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭aSligoDub

Raf32 wrote: »
    great episode last night, similar to season 1! Looking forward to season finale in two weeks now!

What channel are you following?
    Or are you streaming it?
    Didnt realise rte are so close to the states

aSligoDub wrote: »
    What channel are you following?
    Or are you streaming it?
    Didnt realise rte are so close to the states

I'm streaming it, couldnt wait on RTE! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

I'm still a fan but a third season will kill it stone dead. Two seasons in and it doesn't feel like we've gotten any closer to the actual "Revenge".

• Had a chuckle at one or two bits tonight.
    Imagine the whole Grayson empire could potentially be taken down over the Falcon losing a game of Street Fighter 2
    :D
    Oh and the Falcon is hot imo

New showrunner found, keeping it in the family...he knows the show so: http://tvline.com/2013/05/03/revenge-season-3-sunil-nayar-named-showrunner/

• Might have been safer if
    Taketa challenged Aiden to Streetfighter 2 instead of an actual Samurai sword fight

Lucky Declan.
    Id gladly be locked in a building with her for the night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It's amazing how the virus can shut down all the lights of the cars too.

Might have been safer if
    Taketa challenged Aiden to Streetfighter 2 instead of an actual Samurai sword fight

Lucky Declan.
    Id gladly be locked in a building with her for the night

That was yer wan from Falling Skies, super cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Thought the whole falcon thing was tidied up a bit too neatly last night, she was supposed to be the nest hacker in the world yet she completly fell for Nolans plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Judging by how she acted when the lights went off id say she played nolan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Yeah, the code she had him find was obviously the trigger for the virus. I would have expected it to work the minute he logged in, rather than waiting for the money transfer.

If Charlotte is really preggers I wonder could the foster brother Eli be the daddy and not Declan

Aiden beat and killed Takeda :eek:

• Monotype wrote: »
    It's amazing how the virus can shut down all the lights of the cars too.

Wifi lights ;)

Season 2 finale tonight.

It has officially been renewed for a 3rd season

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Is the 2nd season of this worth bothering with or is it more of the same, like Damages? The 1st was a bit of fun but unless the formula has changed I'm not sure I want to bother.

Advertisement